Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:10 AM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patience

Guys,
I spoke at length with Adam Friday 12-18, he's going to make good on all the promises. He's just overloaded and it's going to take him far longer than normal. Adam is carrying the workload of at least four persons. He's hiring others to help; however, finding quality people is not an easy task.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 AM
parisinfire
2nd Gear
Still waiting for response from adam for my refund for my 02sim =(

Old 12-21-2009, 11:47 AM
goofyman
1st Gear
Still waiting for my refund as well.....maybe by next year...

Old 12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Still waiting also, I hope all is not lost. But every day it seems more and more far fetched that money will be coming back to customers. I am hoping this is not some sort of pyramid scheme.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:17 AM
parisinfire
2nd Gear
Im gonna try to file with my bank to get some money back

Old 12-23-2009, 08:59 AM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
with smoke screen after smoke screen setup by this company, I don't see how RR can think customers will trust them again. after numerous calls & emails throughout November, Adam promised he would call and sort things out with me. it is now almost January and still have not heard from or seen any action to do good on his part. I have made numerous attempts through Dec as well, but my patience has worn too thin to continue.

plain and simple, you all need to file with your credit card companies asap..if it is outside your 90 day period, file a small claim action like I did.

now that all the threads are deleted, no new customers will be able to see what happened to us all...why were they all deleted anyway?

Old 12-23-2009, 09:24 AM
skippydog
3rd Gear
I have seen this before in other car groups. You seem to be getting strung along in a failing company that doesn't want to give up and close shop.

You guys have been more than patient enough. If it was me I would have been doing a charge back a while ago. Plain and simple I think they are out of money and are not calling back hoping that some new sales will help pay for the parts they owe everyone. This happens very frequently in the online performance parts world.

My Suggestion is
Chargeback
Contact Your Bank
Paypal Complaint/Chargeback

I also noticed they hid there contact information for who the site is registered to. They only reason they would do this is if they didnt want there customers finding out how to contact them. I see no reason to mask this as a business what so ever. The site should be registered under the business name with a proper address and contact information. Here is what riss website contact looks like. It is completely hidden and private.

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: RISSRACING.COM
Created on: 23-Jul-07
Expires on: 23-Jul-18
Last Updated on: 02-Mar-09

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration RISSRACING.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration RISSRACING.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.THEPLANET.COM
NS2.THEPLANET.COM
GIRAFFE.DUMBHIPPO.NET
ELEPHANT.DUMBHIPPO.NET

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited

Registrant:
Dumbhippo
4155 W. Russell Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 8918
US

Domain name: RISSRACING.NET

Administrative Contact:
User, Master shanevaldez@gmail.com
4155 W. Russell Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 8918
US
Technical Contact:
User, Master shanevaldez@gmail.com
4155 W. Russell Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 8918
US

Registrar of Record: The Planet Internet Services, Inc.
Record last updated on 05-Mar-2009.
Record expires on 02-Mar-2010.
Record created on 02-Mar-2009.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.THEPLANETDOMAINS.COM 207.218.247.135
NS2.THEPLANETDOMAINS.COM 207.218.223.162

Domain status: clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited

Last edited by skippydog; 12-23-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM
skippydog
3rd Gear
Ok a continued post to try and help you guys. Here is business lic numbers contact information and web visibility. They are registered as a corporation. That means that the money should have never been scalped out of the business account and that it is illegal for that to happen. Also that means you stand in line if they claim bankruptcy. If you need me to dig more into them I can. They are registered as a corporation so getting your money out of them may be slightly more difficult but not too bad depending on the type of corp filed.

I think it really is time for everyone to gather contact information. Here is what I have dug up so far.

Business Registration
20076119748 RISS RACING 07/06/2007 07/06/2012 ANTHONY GUTIERREZ JR
20076119748 1 FBN 7/6/2007 12:00:00 AM
20076119748 1 1 Publication 7/6/2007 12:00:00 AM

20076119748 RISS RACING 07/06/2007 07/06/2012 ADAM RHO
20076119748 1 FBN 7/6/2007 12:00:00 AM
20076119748 1 1 Publication 7/6/2007 12:00:00 AM

Corp Number Date Filed Status Corporation Name Agent for Service
C3079488 3/14/2008 active RISS RACING INC. LEGALZOOM.COM, INC.

Corporation
RISS RACING INC.
Number: C3079488 Date Filed: 3/14/2008 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Address
505 TERRA BELLA
IRVINE, CA 92602
Agent for Service of Process
LEGALZOOM.COM, INC.
7083 HOLLYWOOD BLVD STE 180
LOS ANGELES, CA 90028

Addresses Used by the company:

Riss Racing
2021 S Eastwood Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714) 850-0139

Riss Racing (This is an apartment complex address)
505 Terra Bella
Irvine, CA 92602
(714) 505-6873‎

About RissRacing Location Tustin, CA, USA
I cant find any info on this location

Employee and Owners Contact info(dont go calling and yelling some of these are white page entries. They may not be 100% correct.

Adam Rho
714-850-0139
2021 S. Eastwood Ave. Ste. D
Santa Ana, CA 92705

Adam Y Rho
3100 Yorba Linda Blvd #A2
Fullerton, CA 92831
(714) 996-7814

Date of Birth
July 14, 1987 (22)

Facebook

Anthony Gutierez

Zoom Info
AIM:anthony9g
AIM: VF34OGWRX
Facebook
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/anthony9g
linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/pub/anthony-guitierez/12/b49/73

Social Networking Links
Twitter http://twitter.com/RissRacing
myspace http://myspace.com/rissracing

Emails:
sales@rissracing.com
billing@rissracing.com
shipping@rissracing.com
adam@rissracing.com

Where some of the parts might be coming from
SHIPPER
NINGBO BOJIE INTERNATIONAL TRADING
F051, BUILDING 9, NO.181, HUIZHAN ROAD, NINGBO CN
CONSIGNEE
RISS RACING.
505 TERRA BELLA IRVINE CA 92602 US

Places that can help deal with complaints.

Internet Crime Complaint Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
California Department of Consumer affairs http://www.dca.ca.gov/
Office of the Attorney General http://caag.state.ca.us/

Last edited by skippydog; 12-23-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:19 PM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I filed a dispute with my CC company right after things started going south and I could not get anyone on the phone. In less than a week I had a charge back. I highly suggest that you guys do the same.

Promises are great, but you need action. Adam's words are not getting you anywhere.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:29 PM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by btwdriver
I filed a dispute with my CC company right after things started going south and I could not get anyone on the phone. In less than a week I had a charge back. I highly suggest that you guys do the same.

Promises are great, but you need action. Adam's words are not getting you anywhere.

For many of us (dp & exhaust group buyers), the 90-day period of time well expired before we even got our parts...sure, in hindsight I should have filed for a mis-charge with my CC but I, along with everyone else, gave them the benefit of the doubt for the lag on our exhaust gear.

I was told by my bank nothing could be done now that 90 is well passed, but after the holidays are over I'm going to speak with another branch manager.

In the meantime, I have filed a small claims action against the company...papers will be served next Monday.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:31 PM
btwdriver
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by uber.bucket
For many of us (dp & exhaust group buyers), the 90-day period of time well expired before we even got our parts...sure, in hindsight I should have filed for a mis-charge with my CC but I, along with everyone else, gave them the benefit of the doubt for the lag on our exhaust gear.

I was told by my bank nothing could be done now that 90 is well passed, but after the holidays are over I'm going to speak with another branch manager.

In the meantime, I have filed a small claims action against the company...papers will be served next Monday.
Sorry to hear that. I guess I was "lucky" that I got involved pretty late in the game.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Myke@RPI
4th Gear
RISS already knows how RPI feels for copying designs from RPI...

Old 12-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
Hello everyone,

I apologize for not chiming in earlier, I had an issue with my acct. and will have full Vendor status on Monday. i wanted to address these issues with everybody.

Refunds are being processed. I'm working day and night to ensure every customer gets their product/refund. Next week I will be processing more refunds and sending confirmations. I have my team coming in next week to help with some shipping/fabrication.

The information for myself is correct:

Adam Rho
714-850-0139
Santa Ana, CA 92705

Guys, I want you to know you can come by the shop whenever you would like. I have been in and out for the last few weeks taking care of most of the legwork but I will be here most of the day. I also have MINIutia scheduled in early Jan to check on a few things on his vehicle and test. Everything will be posted for all to see.

o2 sim - The o2 sim will be completed. I am going to finish 20 sims to start which will go out to every single customer that has paid for the sim. Once they are all shipped, I would like confirmation that everything is working perfectly fine and we can finish more at that time. I will have a much more accurate time frame early next week for you guys.

If you have any products that have not shipped yet, please email me at sales@rissracing.com. I will check status and send you the confirmation immediately. I want to ensure a long relationship with this forum but I will need to correct the issues first. I have a lot of ideas in the works that should make for a great Jan/Feb. Please allow me the next few days to catch up and I'll keep everybody posted. Thank you guys

Old 12-27-2009, 08:35 AM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Adam and RISS Racing (RR)

Adam and I exchanged email today. He asked that I share this with NAM.

He is unable to post to NAM and the automated message indicates the sys admins won't be available until the 28th.

He is nearing completion of the re-hab of the shop and anticipates arrival of new tooling Tuesday or Wednesday. He invites anyone local to come by the shop next week to see the changes to the shop, that he is still in business, is recovering and is continuing to make adjustments and refunds to customers. The RR shop should be back in operation the following week.

Adam extends his apologies that his responses to calls and email, as well as adjustments and refunds are not as fast as you, or he, wishes. He is in the shop daily working on the myriad of issues he must resolve. He knows that some customers feel screwed and may have reasons not to trust Adam or RR. He intends to fix this and make good on past promises. Closing RR and filing bankruptcy would be the easy out. Adam wants to do this right and is nearly there. Consider giving him a break, its only been a few weeks since things turned updade-down on him.

To that end, he asked that those who seek refunds or adjustments send him email with the both their forum name, true name and order number.

I know that you've got no reason to trust me either - but I'm not offering anyone anything. I'm just a MINI afficianado like the rest of you. I stand with no money to be made or lost from RR, nor do I hold any position with the company. My only involvement with RR is that my car was the design mule. It is pointless to share what I know of the previous mis-operation of RR. That is past history.

I can talk about the present and the immediate future. Adam fully intends to make good on past customer complaints and to fully recover RR. I have samples of all the RR MINI parts and have shared my recommendations with Adam (I have race car fabrication in my past) to resolve parts issues. My car will be at RR again for re-fab of pieces that were designed properly yet produced incorrectly. It will also be used to dyno the parts afterwards. Why am I still involved? I like to see an underdog recover and think this guy needs a break.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:42 AM
skippydog
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIutia
Adam and I exchanged email today. He asked that I share this with NAM.

He is unable to post to NAM and the automated message indicates the sys admins won't be available until the 28th.

He is nearing completion of the re-hab of the shop and anticipates arrival of new tooling Tuesday or Wednesday. He invites anyone local to come by the shop next week to see the changes to the shop, that he is still in business, is recovering and is continuing to make adjustments and refunds to customers. The RR shop should be back in operation the following week.

Adam extends his apologies that his responses to calls and email, as well as adjustments and refunds are not as fast as you, or he, wishes. He is in the shop daily working on the myriad of issues he must resolve. He knows that some customers feel screwed and may have reasons not to trust Adam or RR. He intends to fix this and make good on past promises. Closing RR and filing bankruptcy would be the easy out. Adam wants to do this right and is nearly there. Consider giving him a break, its only been a few weeks since things turned updade-down on him.

To that end, he asked that those who seek refunds or adjustments send him email with the both their forum name, true name and order number.

I know that you've got no reason to trust me either - but I'm not offering anyone anything. I'm just a MINI afficianado like the rest of you. I stand with no money to be made or lost from RR, nor do I hold any position with the company. My only involvement with RR is that my car was the design mule. It is pointless to share what I know of the previous mis-operation of RR. That is past history.

I can talk about the present and the immediate future. Adam fully intends to make good on past customer complaints and to fully recover RR. I have samples of all the RR MINI parts and have shared my recommendations with Adam (I have race car fabrication in my past) to resolve parts issues. My car will be at RR again for re-fab of pieces that were designed properly yet produced incorrectly. It will also be used to dyno the parts afterwards. Why am I still involved? I like to see an underdog recover and think this guy needs a break.

Wow yea this is pretty insane when the owner isnt even capable of mass emailing there customer list and explaining what is going on.

You posting in here and trying to smooth things out just shows how bad it really is.

Why are you the go to guy?

Companies go out of business all the time do to bad and mismanaged money flow.

Why are you trying to back this up so much?

Why did he buy new tooling when everything is almost made overseas and he cant refund his current customer base for bad merchant practices?

I bet the time it took you to talk with the owner was longer then sending out a mass email.
If he is incapable of sending emails and issuing refunds where due this company should be in some sort of bankruptcy. As I stated to all of you before get your money out while you can.

Come on now I ran a business refunds are easy! You can have them done in less then 1 day. Especially the size of the mini crowd. Excuses excuses. What do you have 50-250 orders tops. You can get the contact info via one email for 75%. The other 25% are via phone in less than a couple hours. Sure a couple will be left behind but they will see your efforts and contact you also. I am also sure there are many of them you can just send a instant refund via paypal/google/credit card.

Get it done or go out of business. You are showing that your immature company deserves to be not in business at this point.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:51 AM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
re: Miniutia

since you never really had any sort of your own money on the line with them (RR), I don't think you really understand what all those affected have gone through...so suggesting "the underdog" needs another break is a bit silly.

considering all we've given him are breaks...for FOUR months while our money was being held up. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't like complete strangers who don't even work for said company, trying to fabricate yet another smoke screen.

I'm not understanding what is preventing him from making a new temporary account to post all this info for us either...

Old 12-28-2009, 09:17 AM
skippydog
3rd Gear
Old 12-28-2009, 10:07 AM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Opinions

Each of us sustain our own opinions and often a corresponding outlook. Some people have facts supporting their opinions, others speculate. Everyone's opinions should be welcome and respected.

It is wonderful that we have a venue to share our opinions.

I have shared information I have and opinions I hold that I thought others may wish to hear. I made it clear what my limited involvement with RR was and even said " . . . I'm not offering anyone anything." If I've made a dishonest or factually inaccurate statement, please help me understand where so I can remedy the error. I've been wrong in the past and anticipate being wrong in the future.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:35 AM
skippydog
3rd Gear
Right now lets go over the facts and opinions.

Fact:
Parts are not arriving on deadlines that where set
People are not receiving refunds on expected product or services
Individuals are working to recoup money by external methods(callin bank, cc, filing with small claims).
Customers are upset
Emails and phone calls not being returned
Company is having financial issues due to bad partner
Website removed contact information
Register owner of website has been hidden from the public

Opinion:
They are going bk
They are going to not get refunds

My other opinion is Adam has a slight chance to redeem himself and his company. Once a customer gets royally screwed they tend to never come back again. He needs to get this straitened out asap! Within the week I would hope. If he can pull it off he has my respect. I can understand that this situation with his partner has put him in a really bad spot. However in a corporation it is the officers job to watch out for these kinds of issues. Riss is in a horrible position at the moment. It is very unfortunate because if they where not in the type of situation they are in currently I would have gone down to the shop and made several purchases myself(being local and all).

Please Riss take care of these customers. Also you as a customer should post that you had received your part or refund to let others know that he is moving to refund and or deliver your products.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:12 PM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Thanks for taking the time to share, I do value your information and opinions. I, as well, hope that Adam makes good on his intended plans.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Adam@RissRacing
Former Vendor
Hello Everybody,

I do apologize for the mix up with this acct. as it was inactive for about 2 weeks. I've tried posting a few times but my posts disappear as soon as I submit. I should have my vendor acct. back up and running in about a day or 2.

I want to address everybodys concerns publicly. I do understand there are a few refunds that need to be issued and I am on top of it. I am definitely going to refund everybody on the list. I know there will be a few delays but I will make sure every customer will have their money back to them for any mishaps with orders. I do ask you all to please be patient with me during this transition and I'll make sure everybody is taken care of. I know many of you have had orders with us for a few months and I will make sure this doesn't happen again. I have material on deck to finish up all remaining orders including:

Downpipes
BOV kits (new sequential system) 2 weeks
Exhausts
Oil Catch Cans

If you placed an order and do not see movement on your package, PLEASE email me with your order information. Many of the labels were pre-printed and the files archived so its hard to find each package that was not shipped out.

Refunds: I am issuing refunds daily. If you've received a refund, PLEASE post on here to let people know they are being issued. Currently, there are about 5-10 customers on NAM that will need resolution. If you do not see any refund/email, please send me a quick email with your forum name/full name/order number so I may look up the file and give you a more accurate time for refund. I apologize for not being able to communicate with everybody on the forum but I've been in and out of the office every single day taking care of orders/shipping/coating/fabrication. I'll be in the office most of the day so you can call me/email me anytime 714-850-0139

Shop: I would also like to assure you, we are not going anywhere. If you are local, please come by and visit the shop. Hopefully I get a chance to meet many more NAM members in person while you guys can check out the facility. This week will be more organization in the garage area so we will be fully 100% functional next week for installs/fabrication/modification work that needs to be done. If you are in the area, please stop by and say Hi.

Riss Racing Inc.
Santa Ana, CA 92705

Fabrication: My new fabrication team is starting next week. For the first projects, we are going to refit our entire system on a clients vehicle. The exhaust systems/downpipes fit on all Mini Cooper S and the downpipes fit on the Cooper/Clubman S as well. I want to make sure there are no issues with the installation so I'll be able to record the entire install. I will also take pictures and finish the full DYNO before posting this information. I still have a few R56 downpipes in stock

-Each system will be re-checked/fitted in the JIG before shipping the systems out

o2 sims: The o2 sims are going to be completed. I will be able to find out exactly when they're going to be finished by Wed. As soon as the systems are shipped/tested, we will go through mass production on the sims and have them on deck. As of now, I will finish every pending order and ship the systems out. Some of you have waited quite some time and I wish I was more involved on the sim production as it should have taken only 1 month. I am very confident I will have sims available for shipping within 1 months time.

Again, I want to make sure everybody is aware that we are going to take care of all the orders that are in the que. I apologize greatly for this delay of refunding clients because that should never be the case. Unfortunate events have happened with former partners/employees which set us back financially. All I can ask for is a few weeks to showcase the new Riss Racing. There are a few ideas in the works which I've discussed with members on NAM that we are looking into. As soon as everything is completed (READY TO SHIP), I will be able to release the newest additions to the Riss Racing line up. I will try my best to check the forums a few times a day but if you need immediate response, please email me at Adam@rissracing.com or call 714-850-0139 and I will get back to you as soon as possible. You've been a wonderful community and I want to show you guys my appreciation with delivering on my word. Thank you guys.

Adam Rho

Old 12-28-2009, 02:45 PM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Adam has posted an open invitation for NAM members to visit. Perhaps someone can go by and report back with first-hand knowledge?

I'll be going there (again) in the near future, perhaps I'll have the pleasure to meet some of you there.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
redduc
3rd Gear
I will take my catch can or the refund. Don't care.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Adam@RissRacing
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MINIutia
Adam has posted an open invitation for NAM members to visit. Perhaps someone can go by and report back with first-hand knowledge?

I'll be going there (again) in the near future, perhaps I'll have the pleasure to meet some of you there.
Absolutely guys. Come by and take a look at the operations. I am hoping to have a Mini meet sometime next month!

Old 12-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Adam@RissRacing
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by redduc
I will take my catch can or the refund. Don't care.
You got it! I have all the connectors and catch cans in stock. I am waiting for my brackets to be completed next week. As soon as they are finished with the powdercoat, they're being shipped out. All new catch can orders will be going out next week after the holiday.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Trying to reach Riss Racing? Start here.