Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain alta inlet and boost tubes!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:17 PM
MiniBAH
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple more comparison pics

Old 09-22-2008, 02:30 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MiniBAH
Couple more comparison pics

Not making excuses or trying to compound the issue but,

It appears your car doesn't have a MAF sensor (not a good or bad thing) but the hose is SLIGHTLY different on the non-MAF cars. Explains part of the differences in the photos.

I see no reason why the turbo end can't be placed farther on.

What I would do, is align and tighten the air box end first.

Then push and tighten the turbo end. See how that goes!

Look forward to more photos of the other items going on your car soon!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:49 PM
MiniBAH
3rd Gear
I'll try that tomorrow and post more pictures! hoping for the best.

I can't wait to install the other stuff, but it looks like I'll have to do it myself since my dealer says they won't install non-OEM parts! wish me luck. I'll put those updates in the suspension section sometime next week.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
I'll try that tomorrow and post more pictures! hoping for the best.

I can't wait to install the other stuff, but it looks like I'll have to do it myself since my dealer says they won't install non-OEM parts! wish me luck. I'll put those updates in the suspension section sometime next week.
SWEET! Good Luck! Let me know if I can help with any of that installation!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
masterd78
MANIAC
If I may chime in with a helpful hint, warm up the tube by rolling it in your hands or squeezing it before pushing it on. It helps the silicone be more plyable so it goes on easier. Just trying to help.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:32 PM
chakraj
5th Gear
I think you are thinking of that other forum you frequent

Mine was a tight fit also, I installed the turbo side first then the MAF side. But I think it as Adam stated, because your vehicle does not have a MAF sensor.

Last edited by chakraj; 09-22-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:45 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by masterd78
If I may chime in with a helpful hint, warm up the tube by rolling it in your hands or squeezing it before pushing it on. It helps the silicone be more plyable so it goes on easier. Just trying to help.
Good idea! Like that!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:22 PM
eg0911
3rd Gear
i always put my turbo side of my inlet on first and then crank down on it, i have huge fitment issues with my stock inlet hose. my dealership changed out my turbo and now it is slightly crooked of where the original one is, so from car to car there will always be differences in how something fits, but not having a maf would definitely effect the fit of the hose.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM
chakraj
5th Gear
why did they change your turbo?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:14 AM
MiniBAH
3rd Gear
Thanks for all the advice. I used it and got much better results. Plus, I think after one day of driving the tube became softer. Here are the pictures, but I would like to apologize first for the state my engine is in. Again, it isn't easy keeping it clean in this part of the world and I promise I'll get around to it soon!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 AM
chakraj
5th Gear
I wouldnt worry, mine has a larger gap than that.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Thanks for all the advice. I used it and got much better results. Plus, I think after one day of driving the tube became softer. Here are the pictures, but I would like to apologize first for the state my engine is in. Again, it isn't easy keeping it clean in this part of the world and I promise I'll get around to it soon!

PERFECT! Glad it all worked out! Let me know how the other mods go! Chat soon! Thanks again for the business!

Old 09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Minitauro
4th Gear
I'll take mine in red

Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Minitauro
I'll take mine in red
PM sent!

WEEKLY SPECIALS!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:38 PM
roadrage1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
Ordered Red ones! Great special!

Old 09-27-2008, 03:43 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by roadrage1
Ordered Red ones! Great special!
Thank you!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:35 AM
MiniBAH
3rd Gear
Great special indeed

Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Great special indeed
Mention this on your next order to Ken. He and I will take care of ya! No problem!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Dont order by phone!

Dont order parts from Alta by phone!! If you do you wont get the special prices! I called last week on the 24th to order and again on the 26th to confirm my order for the boost tubes, air intake and inlet tube. I called today and was told my price was $839.97 plus shipping. I said that the price was way higher than the prices on the web. The guy (Chris) told me first that I didnt get the internet prices becasue I called in and I told him I thought that was a crock and that the girl who took my order shouldve told me to order online so I could save oh lets see...205 DOLLARS!!!!! Then he said that the sale wasnt up on NAM until Wed (24th) or so he thought so that is maybe why I didnt get the reduced price. Wrong! If you look at the post on the 23rd from Adam, it has the specials attached and why would you put up weekly specials in the middle/end of the week anyway? The long and short of this cautionary tale is DONT ORDER BY PHONE FROM ALTA unless you want to pay a ton extra. Order online. Still think this is a lousy deal and I got taken to the cleaners. Geez maybe I am paying the perfect fit price!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:56 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mickdayank
Dont order parts from Alta by phone!! If you do you wont get the special prices! I called last week on the 24th to order and again on the 26th to confirm my order for the boost tubes, air intake and inlet tube. I called today and was told my price was $839.97 plus shipping. I said that the price was way higher than the prices on the web. The guy (Chris) told me first that I didnt get the internet prices becasue I called in and I told him I thought that was a crock and that the girl who took my order shouldve told me to order online so I could save oh lets see...205 DOLLARS!!!!! Then he said that the sale wasnt up on NAM until Wed (24th) or so he thought so that is maybe why I didnt get the reduced price. Wrong! If you look at the post on the 23rd from Adam, it has the specials attached and why would you put up weekly specials in the middle/end of the week anyway? The long and short of this cautionary tale is DONT ORDER BY PHONE FROM ALTA unless you want to pay a ton extra. Order online. Still think this is a lousy deal and I got taken to the cleaners. Geez maybe I am paying the perfect fit price!
THAT IS A LOUSY DEAL AND TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE! PM ME YOUR INVOICE # AND I WILL CREDIT THE DIFFERENCE TODAY!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:00 PM
roadrage1
3rd Gear
Well, I ordered by phone 264.99 to my door, just checked credit card charge!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:46 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

AWESOME!! I am now a loyal customer until my MINI passes away! Holy smokes are Adam, Christina, and Chris at Alta are the best. I dont think that 5 minutes passed from my post to the time that I got a response from Adam and his staff who insisted on correcting the issue immediately. Wow, if only you could get that same customer service and Burger King nowadays we would all be set. Thanks so much to all of you for your assistance! I cant wait to get my bits and pieces on my front porch now! I truly am amazed at how awesome my experience with Alta has been even with the hiccup. Thanks again and I cant wait to see what to order next.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
slinger688
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
AWESOME!! I am now a loyal customer until my MINI passes away! Holy smokes are Adam, Christina, and Chris at Alta are the best. I dont think that 5 minutes passed from my post to the time that I got a response from Adam and his staff who insisted on correcting the issue immediately. Wow, if only you could get that same customer service and Burger King nowadays we would all be set. Thanks so much to all of you for your assistance! I cant wait to get my bits and pieces on my front porch now! I truly am amazed at how awesome my experience with Alta has been even with the hiccup. Thanks again and I cant wait to see what to order next.
Wow, how things suddenly change! Maybe it takes a little nudge on the internet. Hope I am that lucky with my dealings with Adam and Christina.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:27 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Never a problem! Sorry Chris C. had made that error! Not intentional! Credit was issued today so you should see it ASAP!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by slinger688
Wow, how things suddenly change! Maybe it takes a little nudge on the internet. Hope I am that lucky with my dealings with Adam and Christina.
Let me say this to counter the sarcasm...how many times in all of our dealings with businesses, restaurants, and sales people do you have problems and the employees or mgmt act like they could care less?! Hell you can go out for dinner and get lousy food or hair in it etc and all you get is a half assed "I apologize" from someone. To me, Adam and his crew performed tip top in my book and gave me a far better response than I expected. I will do business all day long with someone like that...and yes I bet your experience will be fantastic. Everyone makes mistakes but people who truly care about their customers will do anything to make it up to them. Geez, I sound like an advertisement for Alta LOL! I truly mean it though. Thanks again Adam!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain alta inlet and boost tubes!!