Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Water/Meth Concealed Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:54 PM
big howe
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water/Meth Concealed Install

I thought I would show how I mounted my methanol pump on my install. I really liked the pump/tank combo that Coolingmist sells, but didn't want to give up any trunk space in the cabrio. Also, we have some over-zealous officers in the area, so I wanted everything as concealed as possible. I'm using the headlamp wash tank for the mix.

Here's a picture;

There's a couple of more in my gallery. I basically cut part of the fog light mounting plastic to make the pump fit in that area. I have a steel plate that I welded nuts to the back of, which now bolts to the lower subframe, the plastic inner fender and the bumper support. The system is hard plumbed from the pump through the valve exit so there won't be any issues with hoses. The wiring and hoses are run along with the harness in that black corrugated split-wire mold stuff(technical term) so everything looks relatively hidden. Actually, the only thing that can be seen is the nozzle in the intake horn. I have a plan to cover this as well, but with 10 other things waiting to go on the car, seems like things slip. I'll try to get a few more pictures if anyone is interested, let me know.
Just thought I'd show another option that isn't very intrusive.

Last edited by big howe; 05-25-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:32 PM
SteveS
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice and innovative approach! What is capacity of the inner fender tank?

Old 05-26-2008, 08:29 AM
big howe
5th Gear
I think the inner fender tank is almost 3/4 gallon. I'm not sure, I actually looked it up on NAM once. Using it heavy it will last more than a few days, and that's spraying a lot at part throttle(the ON setting down around 6psi). I would usually pop the hood every couple of days just to make sure the squirrels are still in there and top it off. I actually took an extra gallon in the trunk with me to Vegas and didn't even use it as the kids were in the car and I drove more normal. I was considering adding another tank near the abs equipment, but am going to wait until I see usage with the new controller. It will look at IDC and AIT instead of boost so I should be able to map it for exactly what I want. We'll see if the usage goes up or down

Old 08-01-2010, 09:59 AM
colombiano333.3
Neutral
can you revive this pics please :( im looking into getting one of these put in soon!!