Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Alta product request, piggyback tune with burble & pop

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Alta product request, piggyback tune with burble & pop

From what I understand the European R56's retained the burble & pop on deceleration, while the North American market cars were quieted down to make the general public happier

Aside from shaking my fist at whomever thought this was a good idea, is there any way to bring that bit of character back with some tuning/changes via the Unichip (or any other product).

$$ to the Vendor who can give me a remap with both a boost in power AND character !

anyone else find the R56 just a little too smooth ?

Old 04-28-2008, 09:37 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by n1tr0
From what I understand the European R56's retained the burble & pop on deceleration, while the North American market cars were quieted down to make the general public happier

Aside from shaking my fist at whomever thought this was a good idea, is there any way to bring that bit of character back with some tuning/changes via the Unichip (or any other product).

$$ to the Vendor who can give me a remap with both a boost in power AND character !

let me see what Jeff and I can do! Get back to you soon!

Old 04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by n1tr0

try cards in your spokes

That'd be pretty awesome to get the burble! ... though I didn't realize just how killer the Alta turbo back sounds until I had to drive with the boot open. The car sounds much smoother than it really is from inside with the windows rolled up and back seats up.