Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain What about the other ECU's

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FugitiveAI
Let's not forget Vishnu is hard at work on their ECU mod. They'll be checking in with us in the next... few weeks
LMAO!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 04:07 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xray'dit_Mini
I'm just saying that it can be done. The shark injectors are very similar, and they are for BMW and MINI
Yes....there are several OBDII plug in ECU tuning modules out there. But none of them will offer any kind of custom tuning capabilities as the Unichip does. You can take your car car with the Unichip to an authorized tuner and have your car dyno-tuned on the spot. The only other kind that allows you to do that are the software map tunes available.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Xray'dit_Mini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ScottinBend
Yes....there are several OBDII plug in ECU tuning modules out there. But none of them will offer any kind of custom tuning capabilities as the Unichip does. You can take your car car with the Unichip to an authorized tuner and have your car dyno-tuned on the spot. The only other kind that allows you to do that are the software map tunes available.
I'm trying to tell you it is possible to have a custom tune....its not just software tunes. Both are totally possible. For example, you take your car in, they throw it on the dyno, tune your car right there, then flash your ecu, then they save the map and give it to you to download onto your "box" so that you can switch between maps later.
and as a side note you can always return to "stock" because the stock map is saved on the "box".
I know this is true because I had it done with my WRX.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:24 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
And I'm telling you that there is no such product for the MINI. I don't care what Subaru has available. BMW has always been very difficult to crack the ECU programming for anything but the most basic functions.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:28 PM
ArmyDog
Coordinator::Asia
There is Kelleners too! Check em out at their web site Right now I am waiting for my ECU re-map from them. Can't wait

Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Xray'dit_Mini
3rd Gear
someone mentioned a while back about a SoCal company called Gintani that is currently doing individual tunes and remaps......no "re-mapping" device available to mail to the end user yet.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
spaceblue
1st Gear
PES tuning is now doing their own chip-tuning. They used to use GIAC files, but have diversified. Their catalog does not show all applications, and they do great custom work. Tony is a great guy to work with.

When I'm not in my Mini, I drive a Lotus Elise. PES is one of the two tuners to crack the Lotus codes, and their software really transformed the car's drivability.

www.chip2perform.com

Old 11-28-2007, 01:41 PM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
I see that allot of people are speculating here. I actually am one of the few people that have the ALTA/ UNI Chip installed. I can say it makes a HUGE difference! The PnP version will be very easy to install and uninstall. The fact that ALTA will send a new unit to you when you upgrade is awesome. You will have no down time between new software uploads. If anyone is in my area i'd be glad to show them the results.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:37 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Thanks Mike!

Old 12-01-2007, 07:52 PM
MiniVitu
1st Gear
Do you know the haltech interceptor?

The Haltech Interceptor is a totally new “piggy back” ECU designed to work in parallel with your existing factory ECU.
The Interceptor provides tuning of fuel mixtures, ignition timing, boost levels and many other features. The Haltech Interceptor is installed using a universal type wiring loom and tuning is performed on a laptop with user friendly Interceptor software for Windows. As the Haltech Interceptor works with the factory ECU, you need only tune where necessary, maximising power whilst maintaining factory levels of economy, idle quality, cold start etc.

I send an email asking for the R56 and they said.........
The new cooper s is due to be supported with the Interceptor very soon.

I will wait for this....