Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Alta Turbo Inlet hose

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:14 AM
th3118
Coordinator :: Dynamic MiNi Collective
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$229! I'm disappointed with that price.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
CaMiniMe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by th3118
well its good to know im not the only one. im sure i'll buy it anyway tho.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:06 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!

Originally Posted by bosrider
This might be a silly question but is this ok for automatics? If it is this could be my first Alta purchase.
There is no known reason why this would not fit the automatic as well. If it doesn't just return it with our apologies! Happy to help!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:11 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by th3118
Why? To expensive? My apologies if that is your feeling. Many items are simply more expensive to make than we would like. But this is also a good time for a little lesson on ALTA.

Unlike other retailer/manufacturers that are a-ok with going overseas, ALTA isn't one of them. All our products are made right here in North America, using locally sourced, steel, rubber, plastic etc. They are assembled and packaged by US workers. We work on slimmer margins that our competition that is ok with sourcing their products out to Taiwan, China and India. My opinion has always been and will continue to be if I can hire an employee a US worker to do a good job, make enough margin to support the higher labor cost then that is what I will do.

We combine this higher level of quality and back it up with excellent customer service, warranty, accurate dyno results and tech support. Traveling to MINI events around the country, printed advertising, dealer support all go along with the ALTA quality and performance.

So if you are disappointed in the price of this or any other ALTA product you now know why we can't sell it for $100, it was made HERE, not over there.

Thanks again for the interest. We hope to earn your business again very soon!

Last edited by ADAMSALTAMINI; 10-22-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Price edited so Peter would be happy.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:43 AM
byhsu
4th Gear
Alta:

I can't find the information on how much power the Turbo Inlet Hose makes. Could you give me a link?

Thanks

Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 AM
byhsu
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mikeg4572
I installed the ALTA turbo inlet hose last night. I will admit I was skeptical about the claimed 8 lbs of torq and 10hp. All I can say is that there is definately a difference in power and response., I am very happy with the results. Extreamly easy install too! Now if I can just get the ECU upgrade:impatient
Where does it say it adds 10HP and 8 lbs. of torque? I can't find it?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
hey guys. It will be HERE! under charts tab very soon. Jeff is cleaning the dyno results up right now for publication.

Sorry for the delay!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:44 PM
byhsu
4th Gear
I am planning to Put the ALTA CAI and the Turbo Inlet Hose as my first performance Mod to my car. Do these two products work well together to produce good gains? Could I get about 13 to 15HP from these two together?

Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
. We work on slimmer margins that our competition that is ok with sourcing their products out to Taiwan, China and India. My opinion has always been and will continue to be if I can hire an employee a US worker to do a good job, make enough margin to support the higher labor cost then that is what I will do.

We combine this higher level of quality and back it up with excellent customer service, warranty, accurate dyno results and tech support. Traveling to MINI events around the country, printed advertising, dealer support all go along with the ALTA quality and performance.

So if you are disappointed in the price of this or any other ALTA product you now know why we can't sell it for $135, it was made HERE, not over there.
Thank you Adam for the information where our hose is made.....
You are wrong the company making our silicone hose is no more then
20 minutes from our office./ Packaged made and designed by American
workers. We decided that $135 is a fair price that will allow M7 and it's
distributors making a fair profit. The part is very nicely made with proper
thickness and ply configuration, the bends are smoth and properly designed for optimum airflow. Look at the vendor announcement this afternoon
and you can see how we can make a better designed/engineered product
for the same as a poorly made and conceived (read expensive) product.

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123

M7 Pre-Intercooler Charge Pipe

Old 10-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Maybe I'm missing something here but why is an $135 pre-intercooler charge pipe being compared a $229 turbo inlet hose??? I haven't found anywhere that sells the ALTA charge pipe by itself, but given that I purchased the boost tube upgrade (which includes the charge pipe) for $270, I'm fairly certain the CP alone would not be $229.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
IBTL

Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Msteadman
Maybe I'm missing something here but why is an $135 pre-intercooler charge pipe being compared a $229 turbo inlet hose??? I haven't found anywhere that sells the ALTA charge pipe by itself, but given that I purchased the boost tube upgrade (which includes the charge pipe) for $270, I'm fairly certain the CP alone would not be $229.
GOOD point! I think M7 got his panties in a bunch for the wrong reasons. But hey that is up to him right! I just took roughly a hundred dollars off our MSRP as an example. I agree if we offered the hot side boost tube by itself, would be in the same category. I was referring to the cheapo chiwanese silicone floating around that might have concerned th3118 into thinking we were overpriced. Also, any tube that has a significant bend, combined with a spigot (which this one has both) significantly increases the cost of production.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by M7
Thank you Adam for the information where our hose is made.....
You are wrong the company making our silicone hose is no more then
20 minutes from our office./ Packaged made and designed by American
workers. We decided that $135 is a fair price that will allow M7 and it's
distributors making a fair profit. The part is very nicely made with proper
thickness and ply configuration, the bends are smoth and properly designed for optimum airflow. Look at the vendor announcement this afternoon
and you can see how we can make a better designed/engineered product
for the same as a poorly made and conceived (read expensive) product.

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123

M7 Pre-Intercooler Charge Pipe

Peter,

I mean this as kindly as I can. Get OVER yourself and stop thinking everyone is picking on YOU!

I was talking about the market in general for overseas sourced silicone not the M7 product. You may note the title of this thread is "Alta Turbo Inlet Hose" not "R56 misc. hose discussion"

Also, on the same note. I have nothing but the highest professional regard for any genuine manufacturer. You are no exception. I am still amazed at the carbon, plastic and similar products you produce. I have and will continue to contemplate one or two of them for my own cars (as I would for any mfr. its my car and I will do it up how I like.) I have always treated you professionally, and I hope you to do the same for I.

BUT you must learn not to get all worked up about discussions like this and stop taking them as an attack when they CLEARLY aren't. Last I checked you didn't mention, show or release an inlet tube. So how can you think I was speaking to you? I simply took a rough $100 off the price and made mention of it as a relative number.

If you want to extol the benefits of M7 feel free to do it in any thread that calls you to it. My point is this isn't one of them.

BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD!
Sounds good - now if I can just get my hands on one of these already!!! JSC Speed is quoting a 1-2 week wait and I can't order online through the ALTA website because my debit card is screwed up. :impatient What am I to doooooooo?

Old 10-22-2007, 04:33 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Sounds good - now if I can just get my hands on one of these already!!! JSC Speed is quoting a 1-2 week wait and I can't order online through the ALTA website because my debit card is screwed up. :impatient What am I to doooooooo?

Call me tomorrow! Or PM me your phone number. I can get it squared for you ASAP!

Thanks again!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Call me tomorrow! Or PM me your phone number. I can get it squared for you ASAP!

Thanks again!
PM sent - couldn't wait.
THANKS

Old 10-22-2007, 04:44 PM
ALTA2
Manufacturer
Dyno Graphs up!
CLICK HERE and then in charts............

While we are on the Boost tube Subject.... That was good lead-in to our new part!
CLICK HERE and then in charts............

Old 10-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Candyman
Banned
We get a weekly shipment from Alta (usually 3+ pallets) so it says 1-2 weeks -- if Alta now has these in stock, however, we should probably be seeing them this week.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Candyman
We get a weekly shipment from Alta (usually 3+ pallets) so it says 1-2 weeks -- if Alta now has these in stock, however, we should probably be seeing them this week.
Awesome!!! Sorry for the impatience, it's never been one of my virtues. But I'm PM'ing you my phone number. As soon as you guys get a red one in, PLEASE let me know and I'll drive over same day to purchase it. Adam, can you confirm that you all do indeed have one in stock?
Thanks again!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Having been home ALL of today with a sick kiddo, I honestly have NO clue. However, even if we ran out, there are about a butt load more in production, so it can not be that long of a wait.

Chris my man is correct. They get shipments of both PERRIN and ALTA items shipped to them each Friday afternoon, then they arrive to them the following Thursday or Friday. So they can be a week or two out of stock, even though the item is in stock with us. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again to all!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Candyman
Ugggghhh. Then why have I been waiting for 3+ weeks on my intake and exhaust??? This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:07 PM
R56-S
2nd Gear
Unlike other retailer/manufacturers that are a-ok with going overseas, ALTA isn't one of them. All our products are made right here in North America, using locally sourced, steel, rubber, plastic etc. They are assembled and packaged by US workers. We work on slimmer margins that our competition that is ok with sourcing their products out to Taiwan, China and India. My opinion has always been and will continue to be if I can hire an employee a US worker to do a good job, make enough margin to support the higher labor cost then that is what I will do.

So if you are disappointed in the price of this or any other ALTA product you now know why we can't sell it for $100, it was made HERE, not over there.

Thanks again for the interest. We hope to earn your business again very soon!

I would gladly pay a little more for ANYTHING made by a US Citizen in the USA. PERIOD! Didn't mean to shout but, this is a serious thorn in my side. I will support your pricing as soon as my wife lets me And as an aside, that goes for M7 stuff too.
(I try to be fair to all I P*ss off,,,,,or not, as the case may be.)

Keep up the good work!

Carl

Last edited by R56-S; 10-22-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:41 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Thanks Carl! Well put!

Old 10-26-2007, 07:31 PM
jcap287
School away from MINI
Ive found the turbo inlet hose for 195.99

Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 PM
chili_red07
5th Gear
I received my Turbo Inlet Hose today... WOOT!!!! Very easy to install (just do yourself a favor and give the turbo a little time to cool down before you try). Haven't had a chance to test it more than going around the block, but I feel there is a difference... maybe I'm just crazy though. Either way I love it! Now if my CAI would hurry up and get here I'd be in business.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Alta Turbo Inlet hose