Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain ALTA R56 lightened crank pulley

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ALTA R56 lightened crank pulley

http://www.jscspeed.com/mini_r56/eng...ank_pulley.htm

Found this item over on the JSC Speed website but it's not on the ALTA site and in doing a search, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere here on NAM - what's the deal? Seems like a relatively simple and inexpensive part, so if any gains can be reaped from it, I'd definitely be interested.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Candyman
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Msteadman
http://www.jscspeed.com/mini_r56/eng...ank_pulley.htm

Found this item over on the JSC Speed website but it's not on the ALTA site and in doing a search, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere here on NAM - what's the deal? Seems like a relatively simple and inexpensive part, so if any gains can be reaped from it, I'd definitely be interested.
Whoops, we jumped the gun

They're not out yet -- but as the biggest Alta distributor in the US, we try to stay ahead of the game, and while it's listed on the site, our active stock system keeps everyone informed.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Candyman
Whoops, we jumped the gun

They're not out yet -- but as the biggest Alta distributor in the US, we try to stay ahead of the game, and while it's listed on the site, our active stock system keeps everyone informed.
Ohhhhh, gotcha! I'm making a list of ALTA mods I wanna put on my MINI and they'll all be purchased through you guys. So when I saw the crank pulley I was like 'Ooo, what's that!?!'.

THANKS

Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Hopefully it's as much lighter than stock as the version for the R53. You lost a few pounds with that one.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
a96bimmerm3
5th Gear
I suppose its not underdriven so it couldn't hurt. As long as its balanced well i couldn't imagine it causing a problem.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
jcap287
School away from MINI
BUMP!

What's the deal with this mod?

Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Deal is one of our favorite dealers listed the PT# (which does exist) before the part existed. NOTHING against that at all. WE still intend to release it after further testing, protoing etc. These are always controversial when they are first released, so we want to quell all of those concerns before they are brought up.

Sorry for the delay!

Thanks again!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:22 PM
undertow
2nd Gear
If they are not available yet, you may want to consider removing them from your current Holiday Sale in the "Sweeten the Deal" section for $100-$150 found here:

http://www.altaminiperformance.com/pages/show/65

I too am interested in this part and would like to hear more information about it's performance and specifications. I don't believe the "whats the deal with this mod?" question was in relation to it being posted early by a distributor, but rather about "where's any information on this product? does it work? weight? specs? anything?".

Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
jcap287
School away from MINI
Originally Posted by undertow
If they are not available yet, you may want to consider removing them from your current Holiday Sale in the "Sweeten the Deal" section for $100-$150 found here:

http://www.altaminiperformance.com/pages/show/65

I too am interested in this part and would like to hear more information about it's performance and specifications. I don't believe the "whats the deal with this mod?" question was in relation to it being posted early by a distributor, but rather about "where's any information on this product? does it work? weight? specs? anything?".

It was to what does it do? weight? specs? anything? question because I was gonna order it off the alta site because I saw it under the holiday special. Sorry for not clarifying the question.

Adam: Glad your back ! How's the kid?

Old 12-19-2007, 04:37 PM
undertow
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jcap287
It was to what does it do? weight? specs? anything? question because I was gonna order it off the alta site because I saw it under the holiday special. Sorry for not clarifying the question.

Adam: Glad your back ! How's the kid?

That's exactly what I said!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by undertow
I don't believe the "whats the deal with this mod?" question was in relation to it being posted early by a distributor, but rather about "where's any information on this product? does it work? weight? specs? anything?".
Yep, being the original poster that's exactly what I was asking. Always looking to do a cheap mod with reasonable gains.

Still curious about it, but I guess we'll have to wait awhile. I have plenty other ALTA mods to do anyway (check my sig ) but unfortunately all are far over 139 bucks...

Last edited by Msteadman; 12-19-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
I just sent an e-mail over to the office. Someone just made a boo-boo on the labeling on the landing page. If you click on the product you can't choose the pulley for an R56. SHOULD be corrected shortly. Sorry for the confusion folks!

I am not "back" just working with my NAM buddies from home. My wifes recovery is taking FAR longer than she or I expected. BUT both baby and mom are doing great! He is a real joy to have this close to the holiday. thank you all for your support and for asking! I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate it!

Chat soon!