Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain R56 Cold Air Intake System question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
soul embrace
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R56 Cold Air Intake System question

i installed the R56 Cold Air Intake System R56 Panel Filter today and i PMed adam to think him and asked him a question. in his response he said this:

Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
it is CRUCIAL to leave the scoop open to the turbo area, as otherwise too much heat is trapped over the forward portion of the engine that can damage the paint.
my question is this (and i hope i don't sound to dumb by asking) what scoop is he talking about about to leave open to the turbo area? is it the area above the bumper where i have the Bama MINI badge at in the picture below?

i sent Adam a PM but i'm leary of driving my MINI and he might not check the forum before the morning.

i just don't want to mess my MINI's paint up.
thanks

Old 09-11-2007, 06:42 PM
dwjj
6th Gear
No, it's the little grill opening in the scoop-above the MINI logo.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:51 PM
soul embrace
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dwjj
No, it's the little grill opening in the scoop-above the MINI logo.
thanks for the reply

here is the whole conversation:

Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
Originally Posted by soul embrace
just wanted to let you know i got the intake system today and have installed it. i like the sound of it and i haven't gotten to drive it with the intake installed much yet. it's raining so don't feel like driving much tonight.

do have one question about the install though. my hood scoop piece does have holes through it so it is open. since it's open did i need to the hood scope removal process?

thanks
-soul
Soul,

Thank you for the reply and again for your purchase! The scoop is currently adequate for the intake, it can only help further though to open it up all the way. Another note, it is CRUCIAL to leave the scoop open to the turbo area, as otherwise too much heat is trapped over the forward portion of the engine that can damage the paint.
since adam said what he said after the another note, i got confused a little and thought i need to leave something else open also.

thanks again

Old 09-11-2007, 08:33 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Hey Soul,

I got your pm and answered in ten mintues! How have I failed you?-)

Hey seriously, glad you are a-ok and things are back on the straight and narrow. Also, stinks that it was raining there. Hopefully, you can get the REAL experience soon when the rain stops. Again thank you for your biz-nez and I look forward to helping you again soon!

Thank you!

Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 AM
SuwaneeM3
3rd Gear
Adam,

Any dyno numbers on the panel filter (given it is used in the stock sealed intake)? If the material is the same as your full CAI, then I would suspect similar gains, right? I would also expect this also to be relatively quiet.

S

Old 09-29-2007, 09:55 PM
samroberto
3rd Gear
soul- you got sound difference from the Panel filter ? or the full system? ... please share your exp.with that.!~ all I want is some more sound, and if a panel filter will do that I don't need the CAI, but gotta get me some turbo bov sound
(that is, without actually screwing around with an aftermarket bov)