Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Official ALTA™ Q&A thread PART TWO 2nd Generation MINI

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:32 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scott48: There is an issue in CA on the intake. You will need a CARB exemption # prior to emissions testing, or replace the box with the OEM during that testing. We sincerely hope a CARB approved ALTA intake to be available by then.

4htbox020: You may find some good information here
My tech guru has posted there the results of the turbo back on the R56. You can see TREMENDOUS gains with the kit. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for asking!

bart5467: Thanks for asking. There are several reasons. (Many will argue but these are ours.) The post office generally stinks in terms of delivery, but more so at the office itself. APO shipments must be hand carted to the post office, where you are generally hit with a barage of crap from the person behind the counter. Nearly everytime when a package qualified to be shipped it was lost and never found and they are reluctant to pay. Finally, there are significant restrictions on retail to APO relations. Meaning both dollar restrictions and size etc. So many items simply can' tbe shipped to an APO. The best solution we have found for our troops is to free freight the item (for our servicemen and women) to a relative in the US. That relative can then "gift" it to teh recipient at the APO and no issue! IF we can ever help with any packages going overseas, let us know.

Thanks again!

Old 09-03-2007, 05:36 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
mini07: Thanks for asking. Yes we did revise the mufflers and tips slightly. There is a video on our site under the exhaust section here. That is my personal car and at the time, nothing else was changed other than the cat-back. It is nice deep and authoritative. When you want to go a bit louder and a bit more powerful, add the downpipe for a good dose of both. No matter what I assure you will be happy!

jascooper: I thank you for the question, but I need a bit more info to answer it properly. Which ALTA products are you asking about? And do want them in substitute or on top of the JCW Sateg One? Let me know and I am happy to help!

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:18 AM
4htbx020
1st Gear
Thanks. I ordered the alta cat-back from NAMotorsports for sixsixty.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 AM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
4htbk020: SAWEET! You will love it!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
bart5467
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
scott48: There is an issue in CA on the intake. You will need a CARB exemption # prior to emissions testing, or replace the box with the OEM during that testing. We sincerely hope a CARB approved ALTA intake to be available by then.

4htbox020: You may find some good information here
My tech guru has posted there the results of the turbo back on the R56. You can see TREMENDOUS gains with the kit. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for asking!

bart5467: Thanks for asking. There are several reasons. (Many will argue but these are ours.) The post office generally stinks in terms of delivery, but more so at the office itself. APO shipments must be hand carted to the post office, where you are generally hit with a barage of crap from the person behind the counter. Nearly everytime when a package qualified to be shipped it was lost and never found and they are reluctant to pay. Finally, there are significant restrictions on retail to APO relations. Meaning both dollar restrictions and size etc. So many items simply can' tbe shipped to an APO. The best solution we have found for our troops is to free freight the item (for our servicemen and women) to a relative in the US. That relative can then "gift" it to teh recipient at the APO and no issue! IF we can ever help with any packages going overseas, let us know.

Thanks again!
Ok thanx 4 the Info

Old 09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
4htbx020
1st Gear
I'm pretty sure it'll be alright Compared to all the other packages and upgrades i had at the factory this would be the cheapest. Too bad mini doesn't offer something like this for this cost cause i'm sure a lot of people would add it.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
4htbx020: I agree. Good for me though and others similar to us. But I like adding some of the other MINI/JCW parts to compliment the ALTA etc. even on my own car. Please let us know how things go after the installation. Thanks again for the biz nez!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 AM
mini07
1st Gear
Hi Adam,
How far back should I cut the factory pipe after the second cat, to properly install my cat back system ??
mini07

Old 09-05-2007, 12:53 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Just a few inches. Check out my install article here:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ghlight=howard

Let me know if I can help further!

Old 09-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Mini Tyler
2nd Gear
I have a question regarding the light bar. I have 2 switches already installed from the previous light setup. 1 activated the aftermarket fogs, and 1 the driving lights (high beams). Once I order the Alta Light Bar, is this previous wiring setup and switches going to make it more difficult for me to install the new wiring harnesses and switches?

Old 09-05-2007, 05:44 PM
namotorsports
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 4htbx020
Thanks. I ordered the alta cat-back from NAMotorsports for sixsixty.
Thank you for the order, we truly appreciate it!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
HHFD633
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just purchased a 17% classic style pulley. What does alta officially recommend to be installed with this pulley. ie: belt , plugs?

Old 09-05-2007, 05:54 PM
HHFD633
4th Gear
shoot wrong thread how do i move it to the right place

Old 09-05-2007, 06:58 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Mini Tyler: The short answer is no it won't be a problem. You can activate one pair or both pairs of lamps with just one switch or independently. The lamp harnesses have relays that can be activated by a variety of switches, including but not limited to those in the box from ALTA. Hope that helps! Let me know if I missed something. BTW: Love the black over yellow!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:00 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Hey guys! You can find the 1st Gen Q&A here!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:02 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
HFHD633: The only necessities are the belt and plugs. But an ALTA intake and exhaust (or similar but hey I gots to look out for me sometimes ;-) would be an ideal compliment. The motor is an air pump so the more efficiently you get the air in compressed and out the more HP you will make. Hope that helps! Good luck with the new power you will love it!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Mini Tyler
2nd Gear
Mini Tyler: The short answer is no it won't be a problem. You can activate one pair or both pairs of lamps with just one switch or independently. The lamp harnesses have relays that can be activated by a variety of switches, including but not limited to those in the box from ALTA. Hope that helps! Let me know if I missed something. BTW: Love the black over yellow!
Thanks and thanks! I have to find someone to do the wiring, unless its easy enough for me to do. I can probably do it, I am just really scared of cutting a wrong wire, especially since there are aftermarket switches already connected. I hope I can do it.

Thanks again, I can't wait to see them arrive on my doorstep, and even moreso for them on my car!

Last edited by Mini Tyler; 09-06-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:32 PM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
MiniTyler: Good luck and thanks for the biz nez!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:56 PM
4Azdmunky
1st Gear
Question about OCC for R56

Hi Adam
I'm looking at adding the OCC to my ever growing list of things "needed" for my R56. The online directions only go up to 06 and when I referenced them to the layout of my R56 engine bay, they obviously do not apply. The places to mount the OCC do not appear to be accessible and the PCV as well as the crank case hoses appear to be larger than the ones in the install manual.

So is there an updated manual showing how the OCC listed for the R56 installs?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:35 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
4azdmunky: Coming soon! Working out some details on mounting etc. Sorry for the delay. As SOON as it is done I will do a write up on Howard.

FYI: Teaser FMIC (Front Mount intercooler) install on Howard this weekend. Stay tuned!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:03 PM
thlaxx
4th Gear
alta, do you have sound clips of a car with your CAI intake installed? inside or out?

Old 09-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Candyman
Banned
FYI: Teaser FMIC (Front Mount intercooler) install on Howard this weekend. Stay tuned!
Adam you tease!

Any chance you can hit me w/ a BEFORE pic w/ the bumper off, I'd like to get a look down there w/o taking mine apart just yet.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Del Chili
1st Gear
R56 air filter

How do you clean the filter? Does it need to be oiled?

Thanks

Old 09-08-2007, 10:24 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
CAndyman: Will do!

Del Chili: We offer a Filter Cleaning Kit

It includes the instructions on how to clean it. Thanks for asking!

Old 09-08-2007, 10:24 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
thlaxx: No I don't but yes I can. Trying to get a better for efficient way to get those sound clips and videos online. Sorry for the delay!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Official ALTA™ Q&A thread PART TWO 2nd Generation MINI