Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Vishnu PROcede for MINI

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:08 AM
PRIMINISTAR
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats pretty high for a tune. Bet it goes like stink .

Old 08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
dunphyj
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
IT TOOK YOU THREE YEARS OF ME ASKING NON STOP AND YOU FINALLY COME OUT WITH IT!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:52 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PRIMINISTAR
And plus im sure the R56 Mini tuing world is bigger than that of the 335i considering most of Mini drivers Mod whereas my mates dad drives a 335i and the last thing he would do ti his business car is mod or chip it. I think people have the wrong end of the stick with the mini thinking its not a huge market seeing as there are tons of mini forums full of people eager to tune and mod.
So far from correct lol...

People like we have here on NAM, who are enthusiastic about modding/racing/etc represent a very small minority of MINI owners. The vast majority of MINI owners buy them because they are "cute" or "cool", get good gas mileage/economical, or cuz they have relatively high quality for the price. Having worked at a MINI dealership before, I know this first hand.

The BMW tuning world is HUGE and has been well established for decades now. I know you're from the UK, but just look at BMW gatherings we have here such as BimmerFest...thousands of BMW's show up to it every year and the great majority of them are modded in some way. The only thing I can think of in the MINI world that compares would be AMVIV, and even then most of the people that go do not have performance modded MINIs. They go because the MINI has a great, tight nit community of owners who simply enjoy their cars. MINI's kind of have a cult following...not necessarily in a bad way, but that's how I'd describe it.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:35 AM
PRIMINISTAR
2nd Gear
Probably true in most ways actually. But i still stand by the fact they should have kept it to themselves till it was done, instead of shouting it around then just walking away from it.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:19 AM
stinkytofu
3rd Gear
I have contacted vishnu as well. no response, i personally called him cause i had shiv's number from previously meeting him for a tune for my friends 335. i left a voice message but no response, lol

personally i think since vishnu got stuck trying to make an ecu for us, and they successfully made ecu's for 135/335, evo, and sti, they wont bother trying to finish what they started. their banking off what they have successfully made

yes it would be bad *** to have them make an ecu for minis but i guess we have to wait for someone else like RMW