Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Can I get an empty "Slick" bottle with my order?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:45 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can I get an empty "Slick" bottle with my order?

For my next Detailer's Paradise order, I'm going to try out some Slick and would like to get the gallon size, since I go through a lot of detailer. Is there any way to get an empty "Slick" spray bottle with my order?

Griot's Garage could never do this for me, so in order to avoid having to use blank generic spray bottles labeled with a Sharpie, I had to buy 32-ounce quantities of the various products in order to get the nice labeled spray bottles, and then buy the gallon bottles as well to get the quantity I wanted. Very frustrating, considering there's at least eight different chemicals that I buy by-the-gallon.

Scott

Old 11-30-2006, 02:39 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why don't you just buy 2 bottles and get a gallon later on?

Old 11-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riquiscott
For my next Detailers Paradise order, I'm going to try out some Slick and would like to get the gallon size, since I go through a lot of detailer. Is there any way to get an empty "Slick" spray bottle with my order?

Scott
Absolutely! Just ask for one in the "Order Notes" section during checkout online. Or, if you're ordering by phone just ask us to throw one in. If you don't talk to me, just say I said it was ok. (although you wouldn't be denied anyway... just if it's easier to say so go for it!)

-Heather

Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by kenchan
why don't you just buy 2 bottles and get a gallon later on?
Hey, if he wants to buy a gallon, let him buy a gallon!!

-Heather

Old 11-30-2006, 02:56 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Agreed!!! Hey am I committing a sin by using my Meguiar's QD bottles but filling them with Slick??? I have a Slick label on it! I had one customer who asked me how come I didn't wash his car, and I told him cause I used a special QD to get the dust off before working. I told him that the maroon bottle only LOOKS like Meguiar's, but really it's a super special slick product inside...and he was like "ooooooooooooh"

Yep the Slick Special. My secret weapon!

Originally Posted by Detailers Paradise

-Heather

Old 11-30-2006, 04:40 PM
kenchan
6th Gear

-Heather
yep!!! give him the PrimaAir in the empty bottle.

Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
Agreed!!! Hey am I committing a sin by using my Meguiar's QD bottles but filling them with Slick??? I have a Slick label on it! I had one customer who asked me how come I didn't wash his car, and I told him cause I used a special QD to get the dust off before working. I told him that the maroon bottle only LOOKS like Meguiar's, but really it's a super special slick product inside...and he was like "ooooooooooooh"

Yep the Slick Special. My secret weapon!

octaneguy- you can put tap water in there and say stuff like that,
everyone will be like "ooooooooooooooh!"

Old 11-30-2006, 05:32 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE

-Heather
Well, I placed the order with Nick (great guy, by the way). Got the gallon of Slick, five liters of the P21S Gel wheel cleaner, three more of those wonderful Monster Fluffy Towels, a sprayer for the wheel cleaner, some of the clay, and the empty Slick bottle so I don't have to put it in a garden sprayer.
The free shipping on orders over $100 is a nice benefit - those gallon-plus bottles can't be cheap to ship.

Thanks for another great ordering experience!

Scott

Old 12-04-2006, 10:04 AM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Originally Posted by riquiscott

Griot's Garage could never do this for me, so in order to avoid having to use blank generic spray bottles labeled with a Sharpie, I had to buy 32-ounce quantities of the various products in order to get the nice labeled spray bottles, and then buy the gallon bottles as well to get the quantity I wanted. Very frustrating, considering there's at least eight different chemicals that I buy by-the-gallon.

Scott
Thats odd, they did it for me

Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by S Curvz
Thats odd, they did it for me
Maybe they've gotten enough requests for empty labeled bottles that they don't have a problem with it now. I had a bottle of their microfiber cloth cleaner leak in shipment because of a small crack in the bottom of the bottle, so I asked them to send me an empty cleaner bottle so I could transfer the remaining contents over. They sent me a replacement bottle, but again, it was an unlabeled one.

BTW, my Detailer's Paradise order (including an empty Slick bottle) just arrived today, two days earlier than the DHL tracking site predicted! Everything looks great, and my car just happens to be dirty from two days' worth of rain, so I get to try out the P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner and the Prima Slick today.

Scott