Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Resistall

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:46 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resistall

Picked up my new MINI, today. Dealer tried to interest me in Resistall. There were a dozen satchels of it along one wall of the financial office.

I politely declined while telling my wife, who thought that maybe we should buy it, that I would check with my wide world of friends on NAM. The stuff would still be there.

On the way out, the finance guy handed me a satchel and said to use it and, if I liked it, to let NAM know.

I have Prima products and was looking forward to getting some Epic and Banana Gloss on the little darling. What should I do with the Resistall?

Is it any good? Should I actually use it or should I put it on my wife's Grand Marquis? Any thoughts welcome.

R

Old 07-04-2009, 02:04 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i suppose if u masked off all the plastic bits u can try it on the car. until u know for certain it will not make the trims turn white, Id be very careful..

not sure wat the dealer used as far as wax during delivery, but u'll want to remove it before u apply the sealant.

congrats on the new car.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Thanks for the reply. I don't think I'm going to trust this stuff unless I hear from someone that has experience with it.

R

Old 07-04-2009, 03:28 PM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
even looking at quick Google'd stuff about it, seems its just a very expensive add on 'wax job'....

I'd personally stick with the stuff that we all rave about on here and trust

Old 07-04-2009, 03:34 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
yes, like Hydro.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:21 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
You know, I've done a little Hydro, but I think Banana Gloss is some pretty spiffy stuff.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Wayyyy back in the day, I paid to have the dealer put this stuff on my car. Did they offer you the interior package as well?

As far as it goes, I'd say yes, it's basically just a fancy coat of synthetic wax. I actually was sort of impressed with the interior stuff, although I think it really was just a good layer of Scotch-Guard. I once dumped a huge jumbo-sized Coke on the passenger-side floor well of that car and it literally just sat there, sloshing around until I pulled into a gas station to get a pile of paper towels to soak it up. The carpet didn't absorb any of it!

The exterior stuff was less impressive. The only really cool thing it did as far as I was concerned was that maybe 6 months after I bought the car, I got t-boned in an intersection and ALL of the paint and clearcoat on that side of the car literally shattered and fell to the ground. The body/paint guys said it was probably due to the Resistall. This wouldn't have been nearly as cool if it hadn't proved the other guy at fault in the accident (it marked the location and position of the car at the time of impact, which proved I had the right of way, etc).

But would I put it on the car again? Nah. For what it costs, you get get countless bottles of Epic/BG/Hydro and a LOT of Scotch-Guard.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:12 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
yes, waaaay back in the day i even used ArmorAll.

we had our stupid days.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:37 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Well, after the coke spill testimonial, I think the rug juice in the kit will get a try. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I really should Scotch-Guard the carpet in the MINI. That really was the most useful thing out of the whole deal...it was like a little lake of Coke!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 PM
09 CMS
1st Gear
i have that stuff i wouldn't use it as primary stuff. although the leather cleaner and protector i would use. everything else is good to keep in the satchel and keep in the trunk for emergency use.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:18 AM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Thanks, all. The ResistAll is going on the wife's Grand Marquis.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:07 AM
autolife
Neutral
Y'all I would like to add a thought or two... Resist All is an amazing product. First of all it is the only product that I know of that provides a 7 year warranty on the exterior and interior. I have had it on my last 4 cars, a Lexus GX470, Lexus SC430, Acura RL, and my Corvette. The most remarkable experience Ive had was with my red Lexus convertible. That car looked showroom new until the day I sold it 5 years down the line. The funny part about this car was that a buddy and I purchased the same car, same exterior colour, at the same time. Over time, his red car faded a bit, and mine was perfect. In addition, my dogs have enjoyed a worry free experience when in the cars. Don't forget, the interior protection protects against punctures and tears as well, something Scotch guard does not. On my Vette, the exterior had a glass like finish, which is what I wanted. Now if you want that deeper looking shine, that only a fine wax can provide, that is fine, but personally, I don't have the time to wax every 4 to 6 weeks. The other HUGE benefit is that during the "love bug season" bug guts easily have washed off the car. The good thing is that even if they didn't, I know Resist All would pay for the repaint of the area. I really like the product, and swear by it. I hope this helps... By the way if you do want Resist All, and you don't want to pay the price that your dealer is asking, then negotiate the price with the business manager. Trust me, they'd rather sell it for something, than for nothing at all.

Last edited by autolife; 07-14-2009 at 08:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-14-2009, 09:31 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
we should call it Resist Y'all.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Originally Posted by autolife
Y'all I would like to add a thought or two... Resist All is an amazing product. First of all it is the only product that I know of that provides a 7 year warranty on the exterior and interior. I have had it on my last 4 cars, a Lexus GX470, Lexus SC430, Acura RL, and my Corvette. The most remarkable experience Ive had was with my red Lexus convertible. That car looked showroom new until the day I sold it 5 years down the line. The funny part about this car was that a buddy and I purchased the same car, same exterior colour, at the same time. Over time, his red car faded a bit, and mine was perfect. In addition, my dogs have enjoyed a worry free experience when in the cars. Don't forget, the interior protection protects against punctures and tears as well, something Scotch guard does not. On my Vette, the exterior had a glass like finish, which is what I wanted. Now if you want that deeper looking shine, that only a fine wax can provide, that is fine, but personally, I don't have the time to wax every 4 to 6 weeks. The other HUGE benefit is that during the "love bug season" bug guts easily have washed off the car. The good thing is that even if they didn't, I know Resist All would pay for the repaint of the area. I really like the product, and swear by it. I hope this helps... By the way if you do want Resist All, and you don't want to pay the price that your dealer is asking, then negotiate the price with the business manager. Trust me, they'd rather sell it for something, than for nothing at all.
Wow. Now that's an endorsement. It's so good, my wife insists the ResistAll set I've got goes on HER car.

Next time I'm in Nashville, I may stop in and see what price they're actually willing to take. Until then, it's Prima. Thanks for the note.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Yoshi99
Neutral
So, I purchased the ResistAll treatment without thinking I should perhaps research the stuff first (I was actually most interested in the fact they pay to repair gouges to seats caused by pets). Not exactly my finest decision, but I guess I'll get to see if the stuff is actually any good after the neighborhood birds let loose on my new F56. I do have a couple observations that are making me skeptical of the product. First off, after the dealer does the treatment, they send you home with a kit of six bottles (car wash, treatment renewer, etc.). What I found really odd is there is virtually no guidance about if/when/how often you're supposed to use the renewer -- nor is there any discussion about whether you have to use the supplied car wash, or if other products will/won't have any impact on the treatment. The instructions on how to use the renewer stuff is pretty perfunctory (i.e., wipe on, buff). I mean Zymol has a whole book on how to wash and wax your car. Given the cost of ResistAll, I would expect a little more guidance (unless this stuff really is the indestructible miracle product the wonderful finance guy suggested it is), and the lack of said guidance kind of tells me the product isn't exactly suited for enthusiasts who worry about such details. Second, their website is devoid of useful information -- unless you are concerned about them being a family company and a nice place to work, that is. Sure, I like the fact they are good employers and devoted to their employees, but the site smacks of those multi-level-marketing operations where they are so focused on bringing in new people and how much money everyone makes that they forget to tell you anything about what they're selling. I mean, I watched ResistAll's "customer testimonial," and it was a woman going on (and on and on) about how they're a wonderful, family-owned company who has their own printer on site and blahblahblah. Still nothing about how often I'm supposed to use the renewer stuff or what happens to the treatment if I decide to wash my car with a bar of Dial soap (or, I dunno, use my orbital buffer to put on a nice coat of wax or buff out a scratch). Of course, who knows ... maybe they are super geeky engineer types and have a lousy marketing division. Or maybe the care and feeding of this treatment is so obvious to the rest of the world, that only a dunce like me can't figure it out. No telling. I'll keep an open mind and report back in a few weeks, but so far I'm not exactly brimming with confidence that I've bought anything other than a wax job using one of the synthetic products that are supposed to last a year or more in between treatments (and I've never trusted them, either).

Old 03-26-2017, 07:27 PM
Yoshi99
Neutral
Resistall Followup

So, two years later, I can say the Resistall treatment falls into the "can't hurt, might help" category. My Mini was treated to all manner of bird droppings, some of which I wasn't super good at removing right away. When I initially cleaned off some of the more baked-on bird crap, it would leave the tell-tale stain on the paint. But, within a week, the stain would be gone. Was it a function of the bird crap itself or the Resistall? No telling, but I was happy not to have to bust out the orbital tool. It seems to create a self-healing property for the paint.

Here's where it doesn't work: stickers (i.e., racing stripes) and black plastic. Stains on those appear to be permanent, Resistall be damned.

Final assessment? Don't buy it. Use the money you save to pay (reputable) detailers who will not only fix whatever minor issue you've got, but they'll put a nice coat of wax on your car in the process.