Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Saturday rant....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:43 PM
ColdFyre
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saturday rant....

While driving down the 57 fwy this afternoon on the way to a picnic in Orange, CA, an accident happened about 1 min before I got to it on the transition to the 5 South. They were off to the side and thank goodness no one was hurt.

Only issue is that one of the cars left a HUGE puddle of what I think was brake fluid. (it was kinda red). The car in front of me barely slowed down and didn't even TRY to avoid the puddle (it was off to the left). His left tires nailed it square on and sprayed my car with the stuff. ARGH!

1st thing I think of is "Crap... hope this stuff doesn't eat paint!" I can barely see out of the windshield. After a few min I decide to risk it and pop on the window washers. ARGH! I forgot to fill it with cleaner last time. It's only water! It SMEARS this gunk all over. I watch my poor wipers struggle in vain to do SOMETHING to it, but alas, only streaks. I'm already running late and then this happens. Frustration is mounting and visibility is going downhill!!!!

Picnic is over, I get home and think 'screw it... it's been a long time since my last clay and wax. May as well start in today and finish tomorrow.' So I wanna do a nice thorough dawn wash. I move the cars into position (move my wife's car to the street and mine in front of the garage), put the grit guard in and start filling my bucket. I go inside to get the dawn.

Crap.

"Babe, where is the dawn?" "If it's not under the sink, we're out! There may be a lil left in the dispenser on the sink." Ugh... I take the dispenser outside, open it and run it under the faucet. Looks like there is enough to get a good lather. I plan on doing it 2x since it really got peppered by the brake fluid.

So I go to grab my box of detailing towels that has my wool mitt in it.

Crap.

"Babe, did you move my detailing box?" "Nope, where did you move it to?" You have GOT to be kidding me. How does a box with 2 of just about every towel you need + a wool mitt get lost in a 850sq ft condo? I'm gonna tear this place apart tomorrow to find that box.

So now here I sit, praying that whatever vile chemical got sprayed on my car isn't eating away at my paint. Hell, at this point I don't even know where my clay is.

ARGH! I'm too poor for this crap.... Where's my rum?

Last edited by ColdFyre; 06-27-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spacing was off
Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ColdFyre

ARGH! I'm too poor for this crap.... Where's my rum?
hahaha, wat irony.

just wash the car with your body shampoo. better than not washing it at all.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 PM
ColdFyre
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't wanna use a clean rag... I miss my wool mitt! I'd be more paranoid about scratches than anything since I don't have a good washing device.