Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

WOW - disappointing!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pete Moss
After reading comments here, I went to a detailing shop and checked out Black WOW. I was given the small sample.
Just curious -- what detailing shop did you get Black Wow at?

Old 06-05-2008, 07:41 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Enjoy your Wizards!
That's why there's more than one product available on the market - different people have different perceptions and preferences. I also have Wizards and use it for some things. But continue to love Black Wow for it's intended purpose.

And hats off to your superior social skills! I'm sure they will serve you well.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Pete Moss
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
Enjoy your Wizards!
That's why there's more than one product available on the market - different people have different perceptions and preferences. I also have Wizards and use it for some things. But continue to love Black Wow for it's intended purpose.

And hats off to your superior social skills! I'm sure they will serve you well.
I call em as I see em.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Pete Moss
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LynnEl
Just curious -- what detailing shop did you get Black Wow at?

I don't recall the name of the business.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:06 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What state are you in? There aren't that many detailing shops selling BW. I've got lots of online store, but only maybe 2 detailing shops, so I'd love to know where you went. Since you got a sample bottle of BW, that pretty much narrows it down to only one of two places that ordered samples from me.

As for the instructions, techniques evolve over time. Like the suggestion to use a pea sized amount on the bottle--and later realized through customer suggestions that sesame seed sized is better. I was also suggesting people to use BW before washing the car BEFORE I was providing the Trim Masking cards which by the way was an idea that I got from MiniMayBee---the guy that you think needs an attitude adjustment.

re: I always wonder about a product that is advertised as a secret recipe.

Hmmm, where do I say it's a secret recipe? It's pretty much everywhere that this is a very high grade of concentrated silicone. On the other hand, do you see anyone giving you the ingredients or makeup for Wizards or Mothers B2B? Haha, nope. So if you're going to "call em as you see em"--then atleast don't be selective about it.

For someone as detailed as yourself--it's surprising you can't remember the little details like what store you bought your products from. Hmmmm???

Richard

I don't recall the name of the business.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:27 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
sounds like he got it from detailers paradise to me?
a place nice enough to give out a sample... a place that carries
both BW and Wizards...

Old 06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
OctaneGuy
Oh good point--but they aren't a "detailing shop"--it's mostly a retail store, but then again, maybe the problem is the wording. Those finicky little details, you know?

It's been awhile since Heather has gotten any samples from me, so I forgot about that. He did say he bought Mother's B2B though--does DP sell Mothers??

Richard

Originally Posted by kenchan
sounds like he got it from detailers paradise to me?
a place nice enough to give out a sample... a place that carries
both BW and Wizards...

Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
... And finally, MiniMaybe rightfully apoligized for his response to the poster. He needs an attitude adjustment if he is to be president of a club. You will notice in his profile that he is a petroleum engineer and that his interest is detailing--That's about it. That's it?
Yup that's me; petroleum engineer (no apologies) and my only hobby is detailing (again no apologies for that either). My attitude is fine so perhaps I should get a presidential adjustment.
I'm sure you bought BW from Detailers Paradise since you live here in Denver. Again, as with the OP, the product is tried and true, so just possibly it is your application technique (adjusting attitude to remove snarky remarks). I use BW about three times a year and then use Black Renew in between. I use BW to restore the trim and get it looking new again and then use the Black Renew to just keep it clean and fresh smelling. The reason you would pay more for BW then you would for Black Renew is the application amount and length of life. Before BW I would need to reapply Black Renew each week (more if there was rain) and so I would use two bottles each season. BW on the other hand actually lasts in the wet and it totally restores the trim. I bought my BW bottle 18 months ago and it is half gone and used for three vehicles. Value my friend, value and results.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it fly. Use it or not, it really doesn't matter in the grander scheme of life.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:46 AM
OctaneGuy
Oh didn't realize he was in Denver...yeah that would be DP then, since there are no other retailers in Colorado (besides for DP, the samples only went to Hawaii and New Jersey)

The way I see it---BW isn't for everyone. And if you don't see the value in it, then don't buy it. There are plenty of cheaper products on the market that will gladly accept your money. Frankly, I'm glad you bought Wizards from DP, or anything for that matter--we are very good friends.

BTW, I'm very surprised you couldn't remember Detailers Paradise. Their store is what I wished my store could look like, and I could live in their bathroom for hours on end with a favorite magazine, lol.

Richard

Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
Yup that's me; petroleum engineer (no apologies) and my only hobby is detailing (again no apologies for that either). My attitude is fine so perhaps I should get a presidential adjustment.
I'm sure you bought BW from Detailers Paradise since you live here in Denver.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it fly. Use it or not, it really doesn't matter in the grander scheme of life.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:59 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Making a note to change Richard's address:

OctaneGuy
c/o Detailers Paradise
attn: Bathroom
Denver, CO

Old 06-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Pete Moss
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
What state are you in? There aren't that many detailing shops selling BW. I've got lots of online store, but only maybe 2 detailing shops, so I'd love to know where you went. Since you got a sample bottle of BW, that pretty much narrows it down to only one of two places that ordered samples from me.

As for the instructions, techniques evolve over time. Like the suggestion to use a pea sized amount on the bottle--and later realized through customer suggestions that sesame seed sized is better. I was also suggesting people to use BW before washing the car BEFORE I was providing the Trim Masking cards which by the way was an idea that I got from MiniMayBee---the guy that you think needs an attitude adjustment.

re: I always wonder about a product that is advertised as a secret recipe.

Hmmm, where do I say it's a secret recipe? It's pretty much everywhere that this is a very high grade of concentrated silicone. On the other hand, do you see anyone giving you the ingredients or makeup for Wizards or Mothers B2B? Haha, nope. So if you're going to "call em as you see em"--then atleast don't be selective about it.

For someone as detailed as yourself--it's surprising you can't remember the little details like what store you bought your products from. Hmmmm???

Richard
I was selective. I selected Black Wow and Wizards along with Mothers. I purchased 3 products and so far have used 2 of them. I compared Black Wow to Wizards and commented on both. That's not selective regarding Black Wow. I do remember buying the Mothers at Walmart. I really do not care what it is the product. I'll try all 3 and decide which one to buy again. Performance and value will determine what I buy. I am sure your product is a fine product. I was eager to try it. I don't like it.
If you know where I bought it by process of elimination or by guessing then fine. Why would it make any difference?

Old 06-05-2008, 09:11 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Why would it make any difference?
So he can more easily hunt you down like the rabid dog you are.

JUST KIDDING

But you might want to watch your back, just to be safe. That Maybee guy is psycho.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:20 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Not any more, I have a letter from the Warden to that effect.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:42 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Back to Black aka Back to Dust.

wash once, Back to Crap looking arches.

b2b's existance is like armorall to me. stay far away~

Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Pete Moss
2nd Gear
I like the Back to Black. No dust. No problem. Price is right.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
There you go then - you have a winner!

Old 06-05-2008, 11:05 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
minimaybee- so did you ever get that new bonnet stripes done?

Old 06-05-2008, 11:09 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
I did at AMVIV.

Thanks for asking.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:16 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
^^ nice! you got pin stripe stripes and even a model to go along with your stripes.

Last edited by kenchan; 06-05-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: man the NAM server gets stuck very often the last few days...
Old 06-05-2008, 12:03 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
The pins are detached:

The model, she's attached (to me).

Old 06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
OctaneGuy
Great! We should all find products that we like and buy lots of them.

I like the Back to Black. No dust. No problem. Price is right.
Hmmm, you aren't understanding the point. I asked why be selective and call BW some secret recipe, yet you don't ask what's inside of Wizards or B2B???
"I always wonder about a product that is advertised as a secret recipe."

Still I can't believe you don't remember where you bought the products. I mean, there is a HUGE difference between Walmart and DP. It's not like there is a store on every corner selling Wizards and Prima. Or maybe you were saying you don't want to tell us that you bought it from DP, then that's a different story.

I was selective. I selected Black Wow and Wizards along with Mothers. I purchased 3 products and so far have used 2 of them. I compared Black Wow to Wizards and commented on both. That's not selective regarding Black Wow. I do remember buying the Mothers at Walmart. I really do not care what it is the product. I'll try all 3 and decide which one to buy again. Performance and value will determine what I buy. I am sure your product is a fine product. I was eager to try it. I don't like it.
If you know where I bought it by process of elimination or by guessing then fine. Why would it make any difference?

Old 06-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Pete Moss
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
Great! We should all find products that we like and buy lots of them.

Hmmm, you aren't understanding the point. I asked why be selective and call BW some secret recipe, yet you don't ask what's inside of Wizards or B2B???
"I always wonder about a product that is advertised as a secret recipe."

Still I can't believe you don't remember where you bought the products. I mean, there is a HUGE difference between Walmart and DP. It's not like there is a store on every corner selling Wizards and Prima. Or maybe you were saying you don't want to tell us that you bought it from DP, then that's a different story.
Why would I ask you what is in another companys product, Wizards or Back to Black. If I am interested in knowing what is in their product. I'll contact them. There is no difference between Walmart and DP if all you want is a bottle of Wizards or Back to Black. Here's the deal. I went shopping for your product due to all of the hype on this board. The salesperson I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgable. I took the sample that was offered. I tried it on my Lexus. I felt it was too expensive and hard to apply. I didn't buy it. I choose another product. I am not looking to argue with anybody over my purchase or where I purchased. The attitude here is that you are a dummy if you don't use Black Wow.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Pete Moss
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
You may stick with your opinon, it's wrong, but you may stick with it.
BTW, I'm an expert at scarcasm.
You should be ashamed of yourself with a response like that. You sure are an expert at scarcasm. Several in the Mini5280 club are the same way.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:10 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
You should be ashamed of yourself with a response like that. You sure are an expert at scarcasm. Several in the Mini5280 club are the same way.
I'm terribly ashamed. Is that better than my apology to the OP? Does that make all things right with the karmic world?
I think this has been gone over enough. Let's move on.
Looking at the body of your contributions here on NAM, I think you need to back down a bit. Just a little friendly advise.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 PM
bamatt
6th Gear

Quick Reply: WOW - disappointing!