Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Microfiber Care Tips

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Original Ho2
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should have read this thread before i washed my MF towels..

I used detergent powder... is there anyway to fix this or my towels are probably most likely hazardous to my car's paint ?

Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 AM
steve20607
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Original Ho2
I should have read this thread before i washed my MF towels..

I used detergent powder... is there anyway to fix this or my towels are probably most likely hazardous to my car's paint ?
Easy.....just wash them in warm clean water, just don't use any detergent.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Microfiber Detergent Brings Back the Fluff!

For those that are wondering about their soap/detergent, I've got a new microfiber detergent that's custom formulated and works fantastic. Your microfibers will feel brand new again after a single wash. I've been using regular laundry liquid soap for years, and after repeated washings, the towels would begin to suffer. My new detergent actually renews/revives towels so they are once again soft and fluffy.

Note that if you are expecting to make towels that were never fluffy or soft i.e. convert cheap towels to plush expensive ones with a simple wash, this isn't a miracle product .

It will be available in 32oz bottles and affordable. I'm just waiting on some bottles right now.

If you want some now, just place any microfiber order and put in the comments section.. "Microfiber Soap Sample Please" at my store, offer limited to stock on hand or until the end of this month, November 2010.

www.ShowCarSupplies.com

Richard

Old 03-26-2011, 06:27 PM
slimjimtell
5th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
How will prima Hydro negatively affect the drying ability of a Micro Fiber Towel? Or will it? I would think there would be significant build up that would eventually prevent the towel from absorbing.

Your thoughts? Heather or Richard?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Mini_Mole
1st Gear
I bought a three pack of Cobra Deluxe Jr. 600 Microfiber Towels which work extremely well. I found them on Amazon.com and recieved 5 out of 5 stars, for obvious reasons once used. A little pricey but def. well worth it. I also bought the glass microfiber as well but havent tried it.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:43 PM
TheZlog
4th Gear
I just washed my MF in anticipationg of washing my car today and they came out with a residue which I think was from the Prima Hydro spray. I was already using an unscented/non-softening detergent but I decided to do a handwash with some Penguin sport wash. I figured if it was safe for tech gear it would probably be fine on MF towels.

I let it soak and went to doing some prep stuff on the car. Came back and finished agitating and started to rinse. It wasn't until I pulled the last towel out that I realized that the water wasn't dark because of the dark towels in it, but because of all the junk that it had soaked out.

I probably won't wash my towels with anything else in the future after seeing that. Here's a pic and a link to the product. It's a bit spendy, but there might be a generic out there that works as good. Keep in mind: This was after they had already been washed in a high-end samsung washing machine!

http://www.penguinapparelcare.com/sport.html

Attached Thumbnails Microfiber Care Tips-gross.jpg  
Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 AM
davidg5700
3rd Gear
I think I may have trashed my MF's. I use some of them to clean out the rims of all their brake dust and others get kinda cruddy from cleaning the door jambs and what not.

I got tired of the staining that happened on them even after washing them in hot water and drying on mid heat setting. I mixed up a bit of Tide in hot water in the utility sink and let them sit and soak for about an hour, every once in a while going back to agitate them with a stick. The water got very dark when I pulled them out.

I then washed them and dried them as normal. They seemed to be a touch linty before doing this, often I would see little specs on my windows that looked like fiber remnants when the light hit them right.

Now, when I wipe the windows, the towels seem to drag and stick considerably and left much larger fibers on the window. Are they shot now or is there something I can do to revive them?

Old 02-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Jacibeth
Neutral
For my micro fiber towels, l also remove the tags so they can not scratch the paint. Also works well when you are cleaning you stainless steel appliances in your home. We have also purchased a special wash, just for microfiber towels.