DC Metro MINIs (Archive) The old DC Metro MINIs club forum, now closed. Visit their new forums at www.dcmetrominis.org/forums

Help With Mini Cooper Rental

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:39 PM
SubZer011
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help With Mini Cooper Rental

been scouring the net for hours now trying to find a place in the DC area that has Mini-Coopers available for rental and I came across this site. can anyone possibly help me out with this or perhaps point me in the right direction? i know zip car has them, but i kinda wanna use a mini for a 2-year anniversary surprise and the Zip logo is kinda of a turn-off. i live in DC but i'm willing to travel as far as Philly. any help will be hugely appreciated!

Old 09-25-2006, 09:50 PM
searocko
4th Gear
I tried a search on "exotic car rental" and there's one in Los Angeles!

Maybe try giving the MINI dealers in your area a call and see if they rent any. It's worth a shot.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:53 PM
princeofwaldo
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe if you brought your other car (you have another car?) in for service at the Mini dealership, perhaps they would give you a loaner. What unnecessary work doesn't need to be done on your car?

Old 09-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SubZer011
been scouring the net for hours now trying to find a place in the DC area that has Mini-Coopers available for rental and I came across this site. can anyone possibly help me out with this or perhaps point me in the right direction? i know zip car has them, but i kinda wanna use a mini for a 2-year anniversary surprise and the Zip logo is kinda of a turn-off. i live in DC but i'm willing to travel as far as Philly. any help will be hugely appreciated!

how about you spring a bigger 2 year anniversary surprise...and BUY a MINI!

Old 10-08-2006, 11:27 PM
flyingdutchman
1st Gear
zipcar has mini at one of the metro station...check out zipcar.com

Old 10-09-2006, 08:18 AM
allisonalvarado
1st Gear
Budget was supposed to have them. I had no luck. I did an exotic car search and that was futile too. If you do the Zip car downtown dc, they have an orange convertible with a small zipcar on the back. It is not too obtrusive. But you have to reserve it fast. I rented a blue one and the sign was on the side, no good. Unfortunately, they are all automatics. Sterling says that they sell zipcar all of their cars. Maybe, they will rent you one or let you take one on an extended test.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Rowan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by allisonalvarado
Budget was supposed to have them. I had no luck. I did an exotic car search and that was futile too. If you do the Zip car downtown dc, they have an orange convertible with a small zipcar on the back. It is not too obtrusive. But you have to reserve it fast. I rented a blue one and the sign was on the side, no good. Unfortunately, they are all automatics. Sterling says that they sell zipcar all of their cars. Maybe, they will rent you one or let you take one on an extended test.
I saw the hot orange zipcar conv. driving towards Front Royal on 66 yesterday. Didn't seem too bad sticker-wise. Probably your best option if you can't do anything with MoS.