DC Metro MINIs (Archive) The old DC Metro MINIs club forum, now closed. Visit their new forums at www.dcmetrominis.org/forums

High HP dyno day in Springfield/Lorton this Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High HP dyno day in Springfield/Lorton this Saturday

Hey guys,

First of all I want to make it I very clear that this is really not a MINI-related thing, in the slightest.

However, the shop I take my Mustang to, Springfield Motorsport, is having their own dyno day this coming Saturday from 9am-5pm. They specialize primarily in Mustangs, although they do work on other Fords too...

I don't post here thinking that people are going to want to bring their MINIs or other cars to be dynoed (although they could... 2WD only though, they don't have a 4 wheel dyno), but more along the lines of "I'd like to see some crazy high HP cars!". I'd expect there are going to be a lot of very high HP & torque Mustangs (and other cars) there on display. As much as I love my MINI, there's something about American V8 rumble that really grabs my attention. When I was there last week getting my Mustang fixed, there was an A/C Cobra replica getting dynoed... awesome sound!

Anyway, I plan on hanging out there at some point during the day. There's a DCMM board meeting at lunchtime, so I can't be there then... but before that (or after it... or both), I'll probably be down there.

The address is 8532 Terminal Rd, Suite W, Lorton VA 22079 - it's in a fairly industrial area, past a huge gasoline depot where the tanker trucks fill up. Anyway, if you're not doing much else, and you love the rumbling sound of American V8s, it might be worth checking out.

I also want to point out that I in no way intend to take away from Mach V's dyno day next weekend. Mach V is a MINI-supporting business, unlike SM, which is a performance shop of a very different flavor. I don't really see them as competitors. If both dyno days were on the same day, I wouldn't even have posted this. However, if you're a "car nut" and not only a MINI nut, then I thought you might be interested.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:27 PM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like fun.

In a similar off MINI topie vein in a couple weeks a DVD's coming out covering the CAN-AM cars of the 60's and early 70's. Earth shaking rumbling monster 8's in what was a sorta sports / prototype road racing series. Heady stuff. Love hearing these run at the vintage races. Awesome cars. And drivers in the day like Donahue, Surtees, Revson, McLaren, Stewart, Hall...

http://www.canamfilm.com/

Not only a MINI nut here!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 AM
ciscovip
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mmatarella
Sounds like fun.

In a similar off MINI topie vein in a couple weeks a DVD's coming out covering the CAN-AM cars of the 60's and early 70's. Earth shaking rumbling monster 8's in what was a sorta sports / prototype road racing series. Heady stuff. Love hearing these run at the vintage races. Awesome cars. And drivers in the day like Donahue, Surtees, Revson, McLaren, Stewart, Hall...

http://www.canamfilm.com/

Not only a MINI nut here!
where can i get a copy

Old 11-07-2007, 07:01 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I assume the site will have a order link or page when they've got it ready. I had seen the link over on a slot car site. The poster mentioned it would be avail in November some time. I'll be checking it occasionally.