Country Roads MINIs Club supporting MINI owners and enthusiasts of West Virginia.

New drive...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New drive...

So here we are right at October already. Our drive season is almost over and we need to get our Fall 2012 Drive in. With that said, two October dates come to mind: October 6th and 20th. I want to poll everyone as to which date would be best and be most attended. So please post your feedback ASAP and we'll pick a date and time. Hopefully, John will come up with another great route for us to see some great leaf views before they are all gone! Lets make this a great drive for WV MINI owners!

Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
October 20th works for us.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
A good date...

John: October 20th sounds good to me too. Ran into Jim and Sue last night and they can do the 20th also.
Why don't you come up with a nice drive route for us, ending up somewhere nice to eat maybe and take some photos.
I'm sue the leaves will be pretty much full on color by then, I just hope they still are on the trees.
Can we stay in WV for the drive? I think there are some great twisties we can visit.
Put your thinking cap on and see what you can come up with. I was thinking SnowShoe Mountain but anywhere can be good.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
October 20th it is!

So it appears that October 20th is the official Fall 2012 Drive date. I'm sure there will still be some leaves showing their colors by then. I am hoping for a super turn out of Mini owners. John is cookin' up a nice drive for us that even I don't know where it's going to be. But you can bet John will throw some nice twisties in there for us and our Minis to have fun with and see some scenery.
So mark you calendars. There will be more details to follow. I'm thinking a nice drive with a lunch somewhere in the mountains maybe; who knows. I can hardly contain myself.
Come on, let's show 'em what Country Roads Minis are made of!