Cooper (non S) Modifications specific to the MINI Cooper (R50).

2006 Mini Hood Change

Old 04-16-2016, 11:44 AM
TheArch0n
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Mini Hood Change

Hey guys so I know this might seam like a bit of odd question but i was wondering if anyone might know if a 06 Mini Cooper S hood would mount up alright to a base model 06 Mini? My hood has gotten to the point at which it can no longer just be repainted or have dents bumped out and i need to get a whole new hood anyways. Plus i really love the hood scoop look of the S. Thanks in advanced.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Martin Brenneke
3rd Gear
Look on real oem for the part #'s for the two hoods. Should give you some info that might be helpful. if hood attachment #'s are the same you may be in luck.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:10 AM
MINI_Jason
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Martin Brenneke
Look on real oem for the part #'s for the two hoods. Should give you some info that might be helpful. if hood attachment #'s are the same you may be in luck.
The hood part numbers will be different because they are two different parts. In this case RealOEM will tell you nothing except the part number.

Yes the hood will fit. there have been a few threads over the years where the R53 folks swapped to a front mount intercooler and used a hood from a 'Justa' and others have put a R53 hood on their 'Justa'. If looking for a used hood, the challenge is finding a hood where the condition and color justify the asking price.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:04 AM
delsurviajero
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The R53 Hood fits on the R50...

Originally Posted by TheArch0n
Hey guys so I know this might seam like a bit of odd question but i was wondering if anyone might know if a 06 Mini Cooper S hood would mount up alright to a base model 06 Mini? My hood has gotten to the point at which it can no longer just be repainted or have dents bumped out and i need to get a whole new hood anyways. Plus i really love the hood scoop look of the S. Thanks in advanced.
Hay there! Maybe a little late, but adding my two cents... It fits, but youare gonna need the heat shield as well. Or liner, o whatever is called. Here are some pics of my R50 with the R53 hood and front bumper installed...

Old 09-08-2016, 08:25 AM
TheArch0n
Neutral
Thank you everyone, this has helped a lot. To delsurviajero, what an absolutely beautiful MINI! I can't believe that is not an S model. I will have to swap the hoods out after seeing how your MINI turned out and thanks again.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:53 AM
delsurviajero
Neutral
Thanks!

Thank you everyone, this has helped a lot. To delsurviajero, what an absolutely beautiful MINI! I can't believe that is not an S model. I will have to swap the hoods out after seeing how your MINI turned out and thanks again.
Thank you very much! And yes, I believe the Mini looks way better with the R53 front. I also added the piano black grills and the special license plate holder that came with the bumper(bought everything used on Ebay) because I don't like the ridiculous amount of chrome they put on the car when it comes from the factory. Well,expect to see some pics of your Mini when you are done with the change...

Old 09-08-2016, 11:57 AM
TheArch0n
Neutral
Will do and I agree with the choice of black. Did you get a new hood and have it painted to match your MINI or find one that was the same color?

Old 09-08-2016, 12:05 PM
delsurviajero
Neutral
Will do and I agree with the choice of black. Did you get a new hood and have it painted to match your MINI or find one that was the same color?
It was original and new, but it came painted silver. I don't know how you order a hood painted from the dealer and just simply sell it for $250.00, still in the original box... And I just remember I found that on Craigslist here in Denver. Anyway, my friend at the shop painted and installed the whole set up...

Old 09-08-2016, 12:11 PM
TheArch0n
Neutral
:O That is insane. Such an incredible deal.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:26 PM
delsurviajero
Neutral
:O That is insane. Such an incredible deal.
Got lucky... Installed the Quicksilver exhaust 2 weeks ago. Guess I have to post a video on You Tube, cause the sound is incredible... Great deal from GB Parts in Florida, it was the last one.

Last edited by delsurviajero; 09-08-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Mispelling
Old 09-20-2016, 05:29 AM
Squirrel724
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by delsurviajero
It was original and new, but it came painted silver. I don't know how you order a hood painted from the dealer and just simply sell it for $250.00, still in the original box... And I just remember I found that on Craigslist here in Denver. Anyway, my friend at the shop painted and installed the whole set up...
Someone with a damaged car bought the parts to fix it and then discovered more damage than they were expecting?

Old 09-20-2016, 06:52 AM
delsurviajero
Neutral
Originally Posted by Squirrel724
Someone with a damaged car bought the parts to fix it and then discovered more damage than they were expecting?
Don't know the whole story... But, I got lucky, that's for sure... Going into the shop this week, the Aero bumper arrived finally! I will post some pics of the car after the the swap is done...