Cooper (non S) Modifications specific to the MINI Cooper (R56).

Mods on my cooper !

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Thymini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods on my cooper !

I just create this thread in order to show mods that I have already done on my coopcoop

Already on delivery : side scuttles BlackJack, cosmopolitan carpets, chrome gas filler cap

Then :

+ blackjack rear view mirror cover

+ cf interior door pulls

+ JCW cf steering wheel trim

+ stainless steel pedals

+ 50years badge

+ S rear spoiler

+ winter wheels R90 16"

Next mods for next week :

+ silver bonnet stripes
+ Center Stack Domed Decal from aesthetic

I'm still hesitating about JCW CF dashboard trim, changing my colour line and spot lights

Old 05-30-2010, 06:37 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thxs for sharing..

Old 06-01-2010, 07:36 PM
teamrubixcube
4th Gear
Good looking cooper

Old 06-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Jealous for the grille badge.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Thymini
1st Gear
Next mods done

+ bonnet stripes from the clubman :

+ 3D domed decal central stack from aesthetic (i love it <3 )

What do you think about carbon fiber dashboard trim ? I'm still hesitating ...

Old 06-15-2010, 06:30 AM
swooshmac
3rd Gear
looking good Thymini!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Thymini
1st Gear
Thx ! By the way I saw your LEDs in front ! That's very impressive and well integrated How do you did it ? (MP and also in French if you prefer )

Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 PM
swooshmac
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Thymini
Thx ! By the way I saw your LEDs in front ! That's very impressive and well integrated How do you did it ? (MP and also in French if you prefer )
hey thymini...merci beaucoup for the comment on the LEDs. what is MP?
So are you French or just living in France? anyways, i installed the LED side strip just behind the headlights, but it gives it the look that the LED strip is inside the headlamp. then i just jumped onto the parking lights and whenever they are on, so are the LED strips. I just ordered some matching LED bulbs same colour as LED strip, to replace the 'off/yellowish white' parking lights on the bottom above the fog lamps because i hate having Xenon headlights, cool LED strip and then yellow parking lights. it throws off the whole look. i'll get you a pic when they arrive tomorrow and i install them. problem with the Mini was finding a suitable place to put the LED strip. if you want to get the LEDs, let me know and i'll give you the supplier i got them from. way cheaper than in France or Swiss here

Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 AM
ammodave
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I really like the "S" gas cap. Did you do it yourself or pay someone to remove the old justa lid? I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could figure out how to get the justa lid off without damaging the paint on my fender. Any tips for removal?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Thymini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by swooshmac
hey thymini...merci beaucoup for the comment on the LEDs. what is MP?
So are you French or just living in France? anyways, i installed the LED side strip just behind the headlights, but it gives it the look that the LED strip is inside the headlamp. then i just jumped onto the parking lights and whenever they are on, so are the LED strips. I just ordered some matching LED bulbs same colour as LED strip, to replace the 'off/yellowish white' parking lights on the bottom above the fog lamps because i hate having Xenon headlights, cool LED strip and then yellow parking lights. it throws off the whole look. i'll get you a pic when they arrive tomorrow and i install them. problem with the Mini was finding a suitable place to put the LED strip. if you want to get the LEDs, let me know and i'll give you the supplier i got them from. way cheaper than in France or Swiss here
MP is "message privé" in French sorry so it's private message I'm French ! Thx for explanations !

Originally Posted by ammodave
I really like the "S" gas cap. Did you do it yourself or pay someone to remove the old justa lid? I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could figure out how to get the justa lid off without damaging the paint on my fender. Any tips for removal?

I asked my dealer to put it on delivery I thought it's was a little bit too hard to do it myself it's in French but it might help you http://miniressource.free.fr/docscmt...ieur&nolien=59 (click on the link "afficher")

Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 PM
ammodave
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Thanks, that's more info than I've been able to find anywhere else. Now, if I can just decipher the French.......

Old 06-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Kimbo80
4th Gear
I just create this thread in order to show mods that I have already done on my coopcoop

Already on delivery : side scuttles BlackJack, cosmopolitan carpets, chrome gas filler cap

Then :

+ blackjack rear view mirror cover

+ cf interior door pulls

+ JCW cf steering wheel trim

+ stainless steel pedals

+ 50years badge

+ S rear spoiler

+ winter wheels R90 16"

Next mods for next week :

+ silver bonnet stripes
+ Center Stack Domed Decal from aesthetic

I'm still hesitating about JCW CF dashboard trim, changing my colour line and spot lights

Looks Great! Quick question for you: How difficult was it to do the Chrome "S" Gas Cap Conversion. I have the parts, but I just need to find the time to do it.

Finally, have you thought about doing the JCW Grill?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Definitely looking good, Thymini!!! I had heard that the S roof spoiler wouldn't work on our MC's. Obviously not the case... I do like the older style without the center brace and I'm hoping to get that soon.

Once I "de-yolk" my headlights and have my headlight trim rings done in Pepper White (Vinyl Styles in CT) I'll post the before and afters. The bonnet end will be a complete makeover with the JCW grill being a major improvement IMHO...

Old 06-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Thymini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Kimbo80

Looks Great! Quick question for you: How difficult was it to do the Chrome "S" Gas Cap Conversion. I have the parts, but I just need to find the time to do it.

Finally, have you thought about doing the JCW Grill?
Concerning the gas cap, I have already answered to ammodave a little bit upper
Thx for the JCW grill's idea ! Yes I have already thought about it but I really love my chrome grill ; it lights the Darksilver

Originally Posted by Albiecrazy
Definitely looking good, Thymini!!! I had heard that the S roof spoiler wouldn't work on our MC's. Obviously not the case... I do like the older style without the center brace and I'm hoping to get that soon.

Once I "de-yolk" my headlights and have my headlight trim rings done in Pepper White (Vinyl Styles in CT) I'll post the before and afters. The bonnet end will be a complete makeover with the JCW grill being a major improvement IMHO...
Yes all the spoilers on R56 are (easily) interchangeable I totally agree with you concerning the central brace. Sadly I don't know why they put it on Nevertheless it's even great
So waiting for pictures

Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Cheerio44
3rd Gear
Next mods done

+ 3D domed decal central stack from aesthetic (i love it <3 )

I was thinking about getting one of these. My main concern was that it would just look like a sticker on there. Does it look good? Does it feel as though it'll stick? It gets pretty hot here where i live, im worried about maybe the glue that holds it running...

Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, I also think with that nice exterior silver color you should de-yolk your yellow bulbs. Get the BMW dealer chrome bulbs or lightly dust them with chome spray paint (that was my method).

I think the Carbon fiber dash trim would look with the other bits you have done. Or you could do a different style, like I have, the brushed aluminum dash trim.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Thymini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Cheerio44
I was thinking about getting one of these. My main concern was that it would just look like a sticker on there. Does it look good? Does it feel as though it'll stick? It gets pretty hot here where i live, im worried about maybe the glue that holds it running...
As far as I'm concerned, I realy love how it looks In fact it's not just a "basic" flat sticker but a little bit thick ("3D domed"). I think you will not be disappointed Concerning the living time I don't know ...