Cincinnati MINI Club The Cincinnati MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.CinciMINIs.com

Window Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 AM
jasinski
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Regulator

Took my 09 Cooper to Bavarian Motors for the first time last week for general maintenance. Afte I left the shop, the driver window does not work properly. It opens fine but when I try to close it, it rolls to the top, then automatically rolls about half way down and stops. Plus, the window no longer self adjusts when opening and closing the door. Bavarian says it's the regulator - a "common" problem. I think it's no coincidence that the window worked fine when I dropped off the car but stopped working when I picked it up.

Thoughts on Bavarian Motors?

Anyone else have to replace their window regulator?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 PM
sgrenzebach
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regulator

I've not heard a lot of good about Bavarian. I always use Just Blau MIT Weiss, (Just BMW). They specialize in BMW and Minis. The owner has 30 + years working on BMW and they have 2 certified BMW/Mini Master Techs and are excellent! Also, pretty reasonable. I actually had a regulator replaced under warranty and while doing so, the mechanic tested the other window while I watched. It worked fine! On the way home, it fail just as you described. Apparently the BMW regulators have a bit of a reputation for failure. Sorry, hope all works out! Try Just on Higjland Ave. Stop in sometime unannounced, they will give you a tour and spend a few minutes talking to them, I think you'll be impressed and find them honest and trustworthy! Good Luck!