Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

AutoX/Meet at Tire Rack this summer???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:34 AM
ChiliCooperS
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoX/Meet at Tire Rack this summer???

I mentioned this awhile ago in another thread, but I would be interested in co-hosting a Chicago MINI Motoring Club AutoX day/Meet at Tire Rack sometime this next summer. I will more than likely have a job there in February or March. I was thinking it would be fun if we could get a large, primarily MINI-only turnout here at the rack. I know my way around South Bend/Mishawaka/Elkhart area and some of the twisties in the vicinity which we could take also. I think it would be cool to have like a rally sorta thing where we get a large group of MINIs from all over the Midwest to converge here for an autox session, then maybe cruise to one of the local restuarants(which there are a LARGE variety of) or to have like a BBQ or something. Cool days are generally most of June to the begining of July here, after that it's brutal, on rivaled by Georgia summers imo. And if you have a tuned S thats killer for performance. It was an idea I was throwing around... I think it should be closed registration, meaning we wouldnt get the local ricer crowd (which I am now a part of unfortunately) to show up and ruin everything, they are a bunch of arrogant you know whats, very few are cool. BUT... if you have friends that are fellow car enthusiasts I think it would be okay/fun if they were there too. I no longer own my Cooper S, but it's still in my garage so it's going to be used. If you are new to autoX I would be more than happy to help out some novices if they'd like, I've participated in 19, 17 of them being at Tire Rack, so I kinda know what I'm doing. Generally they're TONS of fun, and get you going and teach you what exactly your car can do and how far you can push it. I dunno just an idea I'll throw out there... Mikey