Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

High Performance Driving School - Chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 01:55 PM
GreenGiant
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone aware of a high performance driving school in Chicagoland?

Old 03-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Thechandler81
4th Gear
There was the Phil Wicks events in St. Louis, and the Windy City BMW CCA has "safety schools" which are like auto-x practice. Check out the Chicago Mini Motoring Club web site for more details.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Chitown_COOP
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
Any major club-sponsored announcements are generally done through our website at www.chicagominiclub.com.

There's one upcoming that is through Lotus of America at Blackhawk Farms (just north of Rockford) that there will be several MINIs involved in. That info is available on the CMMC website right now.

Also, MINIs have a very strong relationship with the Phil Wicks Driving Academy out of St. Louis. Several of us have been to his events at Gateway in St. Louis, and he is planning on branching out into the Midwest this summer with at least one date already set for Blackhawk Farms. Check out their website at www.midwestdriver.com or their "MINIs only" site at www.minidriving.com. Also, I think there's a day coming up on April 10th at Gateway.

Finally, I have attended a single event with the area Honda S2000 Club (through "Track Day Unlimited&quot at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, Michigan. Harry Cash is in charge of this group and really does a great job. Mr. Cash can be reached at trackday@innova-tech.net. It looks like there are track days at Gingerman planned for this spring and summer after a quick couple of searches.

Feel free to contact me or just post on this forum if you have any more questions!

Old 03-26-2004, 02:25 PM
chigh
2nd Gear
There is an 'East Meets West' Mini social event in Rockford IL at the end of June. On Tuesday June 29 Phil Wicks is conducting a track day for Mini owners at Blackhawk Farms. Track time will also be available on Monday the 28th but it will include other brands. Contact Phil at racerwicks@aol.com. Instructors are provided for those with less or no experience with high speed driving.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:40 PM
GreenGiant
Neutral
The June 29th Phil Wicks event should be fun. Thanks for the info.

I wish I still had my mc helmet... garage sale casualty.