Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

In Need of Chicago Mini Owners Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 PM
heyminiguy
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Need of Chicago Mini Owners Help!

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of creating a personal enthusiast blog and am in need of content for its launch. It will have multiple features but it will mainly be a personal owner account blog with mini news and general auto news with a DIY video section and owner photo section.

I feel as though there are plenty of DIY guides on NAM and other sites but most are text/picture based and I would like to create a catalog of formatted video DIY's. They will cover everything from removing interior trim to coil-over installs.

This is where I ask for your help. As I do not yet possess my mini, I would like to film any local DIY job. The owner definitely does not have to be seen in the video if they do want to and I would use your forum handle as reference on the website.

For your time and allowing me to film your DIY job, I offer my help in the project and a 6er of your choice. You will also be provided the video prior to release for approval and have final say in anything published online. I am flexible on time but do work a 9-5 in bucktown during the week and would prefer filming on the weekends.

The second request for help is for local cars to be photographed. I would like to have a section of the site featuring vehicles and mods. Again I am flexible on timing here and if you have a nice spot in the city for the shoot, im game.

For your time on the shoot, I will provide you with the 6er of your choice and hi-res copies of all photos taken.

Please PM if you are interested in helping me out in either capacity. Again I am looking for either DIY's or Photoshoots in Chicago and its close vicinity and possibly in the south west suburbs as I travel down I-55 to 355 quite often.

I appreciate it!

heyminiguy

Old 05-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Carmichael
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, that sounds awesome. I'm probably going to fix my shroomed towers and install camber plates and a strut tower bar within the next two weeks. I was actually thinking about filming stuff for my own blog, too.

More DIY projects this summer include the installation of an Alta 17% pulley and belt, and fabrication of a custom Magnaflow exhaust. Maybe installation of an OBX header, too. PM me your contact information and we can discuss it further (or in this thread if you like)

For the record, before law school, I was a mechanic for my father (free family labor!), so I have the experience and tools (my father has a shop in Sugar Grove that I usually do my projects at). Been awhile since I've turned a wrench extensively, though.

- edit -

Although I live in Bridgeport/Chinatown, my parents' place (and thus all tools and space to work on a car) is in Naperville.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:00 AM
heyminiguy
1st Gear
Thanks to everyone who has contacted me so far! I definitely appreciate the interest! Please feel free to PM me or post on this thread if you have any projects or detail jobs planned for the next couple months and I will add them to my calendar.

Thanks again,
heyminiguy

Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 AM
speedycoop
2nd Gear
wish i saw this earlier. im in the middle of clutch, flywheel, all new engine gaskets and seals including head gasket, motor mounts... list goes on.