Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

2cool4school sighting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Chitown_COOP
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I was in the Lincoln Park neighborhood east of Clybourn on Webster headed east, when I saw a Red/White MCS with white bonnet stripes and clear tails. I flew down the street and followed him when he turned. That's when I noticed the "Truckin' Girl" MINI logo on the back glass. I realized who it was--2cool4school!!!

I continued to follow him (not at all going toward my destination). I tailed him until the road was wide enough for me to get next to him, and then I motioned for him to roll down his window. He's about 20 years old (I would guess), and is a clean cut kid. I said "You're 2cool4school, right?" He nodded (a little sheepishly, I think), and I introduced myself, and asked how his car was doing (since I knew about his fairly heavy mods that Perfect Power put in). He said it was great, and I wished him well.

It was so utterly bizarre. I mean, this is a guy that totally embarassed himself in front of a community that he could have had a lot to do with. For me personally, it was also strange, because behind the scenes, prior to his expulsion from the board, I messaged him several times, urging him to take the high road and stop responding to bait that others were setting out for him after he had revealed his personality to us here--but it was all to no avail. I still think that he's not a bad guy deep inside...he's just a kid that gets caught up and acts out. Unfortunately, he wasn't capable of controlling himself on this site, and it's really too bad. It's also strange how actually putting a face with an electronic avatar can really change opinions virtually instantaneously.

Well, that's it for my sighting...motor on!

Old 09-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Gabe
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow - great post.

Old 09-29-2003, 12:18 PM
jsun
6th Gear
The way I figure it is that part of the wonder of the Internet is that it allows people to very effectively hide behind a layer of technology. You know, that old "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog" joke. Of course, not everyone is TRYING to hide; witness the many posters in the "Show us your face!" thread. So on a site like MCO, where so many of the regular posters HAVE shared a bit about their personal identity, you have to wonder about those who post often but stay steadfastly hidden. Just my opinion.

Old 09-29-2003, 12:46 PM
F15EWeapon
5th Gear
That's one of the most interesting aspects of the internet on our culture if you ask me. I'd venture to say 80% of people try and do an accurate job of being themselves online, hoping that they'll be recognized as the individual they truly are. However, there is that 20% that will take advantage of the anonymous nature of the internet... we can all be anyone we want to be. I think many people are happy to express their opinions online, but wouldn't dare in real life. People simply facinate me.

I yam who i yam--Popeye

Old 09-29-2003, 01:00 PM
curmudgeon
1st Gear
On the Internet: I look like Brad Pitt and have Bill Gate's money!

Old 09-29-2003, 01:05 PM
'*Ace*'
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think some people on this board need to leave it on the board. There are too many people that put there whole lives into this thing. I don't care what you look like, where you live, or any of that nonsense. Post information that is actually useful to some people...