Car Care Products Products and services designed to help you care for your car.

SCD Black Wow Precleaner (wax/polish remover)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 03:00 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long am I supposed to wait between using PW and then BW. I only waited about 5 minutes and now I'm not impressed with the job BW did. I think I needed to let it dry longer.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:52 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you use PW then wipe it dry? Or did you just leave it wet?

Why were you not impressed?

PW will temporarily darken the plastic making it look great for a short time (up to a day). Following it with BW could give you the impression that BW hasn't changed much, because it's already as dark as it will get. But remember that PW is a cleaner, not a dressing/restorer.

What PW will do is clean off the trim, making it uniform and prepping it for BW.

So please elaborate.

Richard

Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
How long am I supposed to wait between using PW and then BW. I only waited about 5 minutes and now I'm not impressed with the job BW did. I think I needed to let it dry longer.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
I've used BW in the past very often and it typically takes me about 45 min to prep the surface with a squirt bottle containing 50/50 solution of water/rubbing alcohol - when using this method the BW works extremely well.

I tried the PW the other day and pretty much used it on all of my wheel arches/trim to clean it before applying the BW this time. I failed to wipe the PW off the arches (until dry) before applying the BW so maybe this is why my results are poor compared to what I normally see. I should probably have realized something was off when the BW went on extremely easy since my arches/trim were still slightly damp from the PW.

You are correct that it was hard to tell where to apply the BW after using PW since it wasn't faded anymore. I'm 99% certain I hit every spot though, even going over it twice.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 PM
OctaneGuy
FWIW, PW is an effective cleaner for removing BW. I use PW to clean BW off my hands and to clean up spills here at the shop.

Also, PW was intended to remove impossible to remove dried wax/polish residue permanently. It doesn't have to replace your alcohol/water mix if that works well for you.

Although PW was designed as a precleaner to be used before BW, it's also a standalone product for solving problems that BW cannot do very well such as removing wax/polish stains on textured plastic and paint transfer etc..

I would agree that letting PW dry before doing BW will produce much better results. I just wipe PW with a lint free towel, so applying BW doesn't have to take long if you don't want to wait.

Richard

Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
I've used BW in the past very often and it typically takes me about 45 min to prep the surface with a squirt bottle containing 50/50 solution of water/rubbing alcohol - when using this method the BW works extremely well.

I tried the PW the other day and pretty much used it on all of my wheel arches/trim to clean it before applying the BW this time. I failed to wipe the PW off the arches (until dry) before applying the BW so maybe this is why my results are poor compared to what I normally see. I should probably have realized something was off when the BW went on extremely easy since my arches/trim were still slightly damp from the PW.

You are correct that it was hard to tell where to apply the BW after using PW since it wasn't faded anymore. I'm 99% certain I hit every spot though, even going over it twice.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:17 AM
BUGETER
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just received two bottles of the PW the other day. I cannot wait to use it. We are going through some winter weather over here on the east coast so it is a challenge to get out and really hit up my cars. I got the How to Use a PC DVD also. Very good advice and tips I will be using on my next detailing job. U da man Rich!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
razorfish228
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BUGETER
Just received two bottles of the PW the other day. I cannot wait to use it. We are going through some winter weather over here on the east coast so it is a challenge to get out and really hit up my cars. I got the How to Use a PC DVD also. Very good advice and tips I will be using on my next detailing job. U da man Rich!
Hey, I just purchased it maybe 2 wks ago and I did not get the "How to use a PC DVD" ?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
OctaneGuy
Feel free to order it here just like Bugeter.

http://showcarsupplies.com/shopexd.asp?id=218&bc=no

Originally Posted by razorfish228
Hey, I just purchased it maybe 2 wks ago and I did not get the "How to use a PC DVD" ?
Awesome thanks!!!! Hope the weather takes a break soon!
Originally Posted by BUGETER

Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Ferroequine
4th Gear
OK, who carries this in Canada?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 PM
OctaneGuy
I'm sure eShine will. I haven't yet made the big push to all my retailers yet, but we have been gearing up for it for the past couple of weeks. We just got in the new Pre-Wow brushes so we are complete as far as the total package goes.

Richard

Originally Posted by Ferroequine
OK, who carries this in Canada?

Old 02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
OctaneGuy
Behind the Scenes of Black Wow

As many of the long time NAMers know, Black Wow and Pre-Wow are formulated and manufactured by a very small company known as ShowCarDetailing.com. Although I compete with huge companies with tons more money and marketing power than myself, I think I've done a decent job with what I've got.

There is no large factory and tons of workers or automated systems. There is a single person who pumps products from a drum, fills up a filling machine built from parts found at Harbor Freight, and fills each bottle one at a time, caps it, heat seals it, then folds up boxes and packs them, and drives down to FedEx or the post office. The people that do this over the years started with just me, and has expanded out to an employee, which I only can afford one so I can work on other projects.

Pre-Wow is the latest such product, and if it weren't for my employee, Stephanie, I would be no where!

I wanted to share with you my latest creation.

The Pre-Wow filling machine.

I had this idea in my head for over a year, and had the schematics sketched out on paper, and sourced the parts from various suppliers and now, you can see how Pre-Wow is filled. Black Wow is still filled one bottle at a time, but Pre-Wow can be done 8 at a time and eventually 16 at a time. Inventing products is so much fun, but I think figuring out how to get it to my audience is just as fun!

Thank you all for your support, and thank you for letting me live out my dream!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
As many of the long time NAMers know, Black Wow and Pre-Wow are formulated and manufactured by a very small company known as ShowCarDetailing.com. Although I compete with huge companies with tons more money and marketing power than myself, I think I've done a decent job with what I've got.

There is no large factory and tons of workers or automated systems. There is a single person who pumps products from a drum, fills up a filling machine built from parts found at Harbor Freight, and fills each bottle one at a time, caps it, heat seals it, then folds up boxes and packs them, and drives down to FedEx or the post office. The people that do this over the years started with just me, and has expanded out to an employee, which I only can afford one so I can work on other projects.

Pre-Wow is the latest such product, and if it weren't for my employee, Stephanie, I would be no where!

I wanted to share with you my latest creation.

The Pre-Wow filling machine.

I had this idea in my head for over a year, and had the schematics sketched out on paper, and sourced the parts from various suppliers and now, you can see how Pre-Wow is filled. Black Wow is still filled one bottle at a time, but Pre-Wow can be done 8 at a time and eventually 16 at a time. Inventing products is so much fun, but I think figuring out how to get it to my audience is just as fun!

Thank you all for your support, and thank you for letting me live out my dream!

Hi, Richard.
it was the one that you were working on when I visited your shop.
let me know the address of link you posted up about using Banana Gloss.
Thanks.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:12 PM
OctaneGuy
Hi! Try this.

http://www.facebook.com/ShowCarDetailing?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=1233474680008

Richard

Originally Posted by Bruinjustin
Hi, Richard.
it was the one that you were working on when I visited your shop.
let me know the address of link you posted up about using Banana Gloss.
Thanks.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 AM
razorfish228
1st Gear
I just wanted to say from all the detailing products I've used in my life in detailing my own cars, I'm so "Wowed" on this Wow product.

I've used the pre cleaner on all the outside fenders and getting rid of the wax residue after washing my car and than I used the "wow" product and never have I seen a great product like this. I'm afraid to use it in the interior because I think it might be too shiny and don't want to get it all over my clothes when I put my arm against the door. I know alot of other products tend to even whiten the plastic after you clean it off with soap and hope that doesn't happen here with this product.

I don't have any photos here but just had great success with it. Now I hope it doesn't come off after a car wash.

Last edited by razorfish228; 03-02-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 AM
OctaneGuy
As long as the Pre-Wow was used correctly, the wax stains won't be coming back. I had an instance recently where I had detailed a MINI, and I let my assistant do the Pre-Wow cleanup. I unfortunately made the mistake of not double checking her work, and weeks later, the client sent me pictures saying the stains were still there. In checking the photos from the day I worked on the car, I could see that the stains were just being masked and not gone by the way the light reflected off the BW'd trim. But it had been a loooong 13 hour day and I neglected to double check.

So to make sure the stains are truly gone, start with a clean white painters rag, and apply some PW to that or apply to the brush and scrub and wipe it with that towel..the clean trim should make the towel turn black as you remove the residue. If so, then you're good. If not, then you need to work the brush a bit more.

Secondly, letting PW dry is also an important step. A hair dryer can help, or letting it air dry. Although you can put BW on top of PW, the problem is that PW has some temporary darkening effects that can make applying BW even.

BW will not wear off after the first car wash if these steps have been followed.

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully none of these tips apply or won't matter in your case. They are just some things I've figured out.

Richard

Originally Posted by razorfish228
I just wanted to say from all the detailing products I've used in my life in detailing my own cars, I'm so "Wowed" on this Wow product.

I've used the pre cleaner on all the outside fenders and getting rid of the wax residue after washing my car and than I used the "wow" product and never have I seen a great product like this. I'm afraid to use it in the interior because I think it might be too shiny and don't want to get it all over my clothes when I put my arm against the door. I know alot of other products tend to even whiten the plastic after you clean it off with soap and hope that doesn't happen here with this product.

I don't have any photos here but just had great success with it. Now I hope it doesn't come off after a car wash.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:10 PM
kadaj
3rd Gear
any way i can get this for Puerto Rico?

Old 04-17-2011, 04:17 PM
OctaneGuy
Most of the Black Wow retailers carry Pre-Wow as well. Just find your favorite retailer here on NAM.

Originally Posted by kadaj
any way i can get this for Puerto Rico?

Old 04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
kadaj
3rd Gear
wich one do recomend me buying from?

Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 PM
OctaneGuy
In alphabetical order among the NAM vendors: