Bluegrass MINIs (Kentucky) The Bluegrass MINIs club forum. Visit our club site at http://www.bgminis.org/

So, do we still exist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 AM
CIGARGUY
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, do we still exist?

It doesn't seem like there's been any posts to speak of since we moved over here. Are we still active?

Old 02-26-2008, 03:20 PM
PEP
Coordinator ::Bluegrass Minis
I dunno. I assume we're still active. Only been a couple of posts in the VIP (old board) clearing up some loose ends.
I guess everyone will start migrating over here eventually. I dunno. I pretty much feel like I'm persona non grata these days anyway.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
MiniManiac74
5th Gear
I am still here . Check out my new thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Cookie1
1st Gear
Still kicking in the Ville.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 PM
minimk11959
1st Gear
I am still lurking in the background classic jim

Old 02-28-2008, 07:04 PM
MiniManiac74
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minimk11959
I am still lurking in the background classic jim
LOL. Hey, I need help getting my timing light to work. Call meeeeee!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Speed_is_Good
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here!

Old 02-29-2008, 02:34 PM
jubatus
2nd Gear
Old 02-29-2008, 02:48 PM
EllaJeanLumpkins
2nd Gear
I'm here! (and new)

Old 02-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Cookie1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by EllaJeanLumpkins
I'm here! (and new)

Hi EllaJeanLumpkins, Welcome to the group.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:20 PM
EllaJeanLumpkins
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cookie1
Hi EllaJeanLumpkins, Welcome to the group.
Hey, thanks a lot! I had posted on the Bluegrass Minis board unaware that it was being phased out. I've yet to make it out to a meet yet due to work and things yadda yadda yadda. Hopefully soon!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:36 AM
ffwdm5
1st Gear
Still around. Just doing more lurking than ever.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Melins_Mom
Neutral
Hi Everyone!!We are still around... We've been lurking a lot lately. I've been sick for over a month now... Hubby has been traveling a lot.. and Melin has been taking up just about any free time I have.

Bad news is... Mini was traded in on a Camry this weekend... I'm heart broke - but the needs of the many (family) out weight the needs of the few... I at least will still be around -- you are all a wonderful bunch!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:19 PM
MiniManiac74
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Melins_Mom
Bad news is... Mini was traded in on a Camry this weekend... I'm heart broke - but the needs of the many (family) out weight the needs of the few... I at least will still be around -- you are all a wonderful bunch!

Old 04-06-2008, 02:21 AM
theradiantmini
1st Gear
I'm still here kinda sorta. My mini is having lots of problems though so im pretty upset at it right now.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Hittman
1st Gear
This is just my opinion, but it appears the club as we once knew it, no longer exists. Just look at the response from 34Mini for the last meeting. Dismal at best. The club has been going through a long and painful death, and is belly up with at least one leg in the air. Come on guys, we can't even get enough interest in holding a monthly meeting!!

I for one, miss our old forum, and posting on NAM is just not the same. But that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. And I am a big enough ***hole to say what is on my mind.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:14 AM
MiniManiac74
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Hittman
This is just my opinion, but it appears the club as we once knew it, no longer exists. Just look at the response from 34Mini for the last meeting. Dismal at best. The club has been going through a long and painful death, and is belly up with at least one leg in the air. Come on guys, we can't even get enough interest in holding a monthly meeting!!

I for one, miss our old forum, and posting on NAM is just not the same. But that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. And I am a big enough ***hole to say what is on my mind.
I am sad to see this happening. I see the same folks stepping up to the plate, but not a lot of responses. Yes, the old forum was simply the best, but no one wanted to take the management responsibilities from Jason. Perhaps now someone will.............

Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 AM
CIGARGUY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Hittman

+1...........I miss the way things used to be. Looks like I'm starting a new job soon so I'll be a Monday-Friday like the rest of America. That'll give me more time to enjoy motoring, but I am definitely not the right person to manage our website. Hittman will back me up on that one!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
hobbithoney
Neutral
I'm back because I'm NOT working...and have internet at home finally. (Welcome to the modern age, Hobbit family!) I'll admit I've been a little hesitant about posting in the past (and shy about meetings) because I'm totally clueless about cars. I mean, I love my MINI to bits, but I can't hold any ground in a conversation about mods, tires, or anything related. I just love my car.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
MiniManiac74
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hobbithoney
I'm back because I'm NOT working...and have internet at home finally. (Welcome to the modern age, Hobbit family!) I'll admit I've been a little hesitant about posting in the past (and shy about meetings) because I'm totally clueless about cars. I mean, I love my MINI to bits, but I can't hold any ground in a conversation about mods, tires, or anything related. I just love my car.
Then you are the perfect person for BGM!! The basis of the club was for people who just like to drive their cars (and talk about them ).

Old 04-14-2008, 10:11 AM
PEP
Originally Posted by MiniManiac74
Then you are the perfect person for BGM!! The basis of the club was for people who just like to drive their cars (and talk about them ).
Exactly!
I even accidentally learned some things about cars just by being around these folks.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
gone_motoring
2nd Gear
Hi all.....Rosy and I are still around as well. I guess I had sort of lost interest in the club a while back for no one's fault (except my own, of course). Seemed like I went through a long sequence of teaching tues/thurs which kept me away from monthly meetings. In the old days, even if I was teaching on tuesday, we would start by "kicking tires" at 6:30, and wander in to the restaurant 6:45 to 7pm - so if I got there by 7, I just missed the kicking tires part. But in the recent years - I guess you can only stand to kick tires so long - it was dinner at 6:30 pm sharp, and the venues moved further east so I just gave up trying to make 'em.

...and then came the house (well actually the house came earlier ), which took up a lot of weekend time (not to mention money!!) With that came a bit of jealously of the newer generation of MINI owners who were modding this or that - it was hard to keep up!

But enough of my sad story

Hope all is well with the group, and if I can get the "Beast" back to car show quality, maybe I'll catch up with some of you, somewhere down the line!

Old 04-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Speed_is_Good
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gone_motoring
Hi all.....Rosy and I are still around as well. I guess I had sort of lost interest in the club a while back for no one's fault (except my own, of course). Seemed like I went through a long sequence of teaching tues/thurs which kept me away from monthly meetings. In the old days, even if I was teaching on tuesday, we would start by "kicking tires" at 6:30, and wander in to the restaurant 6:45 to 7pm - so if I got there by 7, I just missed the kicking tires part. But in the recent years - I guess you can only stand to kick tires so long - it was dinner at 6:30 pm sharp, and the venues moved further east so I just gave up trying to make 'em.

...and then came the house (well actually the house came earlier ), which took up a lot of weekend time (not to mention money!!) With that came a bit of jealously of the newer generation of MINI owners who were modding this or that - it was hard to keep up!

Hope all is well with the group, and if I can get the "Beast" back to car show quality, maybe I'll catch up with some of you, somewhere down the line!
Don't worry about your Mini being show quality. Just come on out. You have been missed at the monthly meetings and events

Old 04-19-2008, 07:23 PM
MiniManiac74
5th Gear

I am glad to see that you have re-surfaced!!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 AM
PEP
...and if I can get the "Beast" back to car show quality, maybe I'll catch up with some of you, somewhere down the line!
Don't worry about "show car quality". Mine hasn't even been washed since June.

I hope to be able to make some meetings this year too.

Quick Reply: So, do we still exist?