Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Modification

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modification

So, as many of you know, I missed the Christmas Party because I was getting a sc pulley and cai. Well, I am sitting at my friend's shop in Fayetteville listening to a grinder...grinding on my car. We have broke 2 pulley pullers and now we are grinding/dremeling the pulley off the car. Stressed...just a little. I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow when I get back home and on my computer. And hopefully this will work out and I'll have a rocket for a car. Anyone else had any breath-holding moments when modding your car?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah my pulley was hair rasing, but I didn't have to grind, just get a working puller not the rental one. There was also a time when we thought we brokethe $1,500 BC1 computer, turns out wejust had to tighten the plug a little.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mrs.mini
So, as many of you know, I missed the Christmas Party because I was getting a sc pulley and cai. Well, I am sitting at my friend's shop in Fayetteville listening to a grinder...grinding on my car. We have broke 2 pulley pullers and now we are grinding/dremeling the pulley off the car. Stressed...just a little. I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow when I get back home and on my computer. And hopefully this will work out and I'll have a rocket for a car. Anyone else had any breath-holding moments when modding your car?
Excuse my ignorance, but what is "sc pulley and cai" and how does it make your car a rocket? Hmm, guess I'll do a search in the forum.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tess
what is "sc pulley and cai"
super charger pulley and cold air intake
Got the old pulley off (in many pieces) and the new one is on. What a weekend! But the power increase was well worth the stress and anxious moments! If anyone decides to change out your pulley...good luck! If the bolt from the pulley puller had not broken off in the shaft of the super charger, the entire process would have been over hours sooner.
Old pulley (cut out in many pieces)

Cold Air Intake (without the top on the box)

New pulley