Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

November's Merry MINIs on the Mountain Holiday Kick-Off Bash and Pig Trail

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 AM
preludestuntin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TulsaMINI
Hey Prelude -- We've been thinking we may split off from the group at Fayetteville and go on up to Branson. We first considered going to Eureka, but soon learned that it's Diversity Weekend and everything's booked.
That sounds like fun.

That's too bad that everything's already booked in Eureka. Oh well, Branson is more fun anyway. Anyone else heading out that way?

By the way, what's the name of the restaurant everyone's meeting up at?

Last edited by preludestuntin; 10-28-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:55 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
I am not staying at the lodge, just going to meet up for the pig trail. So, are you leaving the lodge at 9 am or are there other plans?

Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 AM
Free Spirit
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
mrs. mini, I believe we are leaving from the lodge at 9am. If that's not right, I'll call you. I'm going up Saturday am also, when do you plan on leaving? Are you leaving from Conway or Russellville? I'm probably leaving around 6. I haven't talked it over with the hubby yet though. He's taking the Duc; there's a motorcycle show at the lodge this weekend also. Is the GSXR coming? I have a cd with pics of the bikes from the last ride for you. I've been meaning to mail it and it just hasn't happened; sorry.

FYI: we are having lunch at Red Robin; it's a burger restaurant, not a burger joint, located near the mall at the end of 540. There are also several other restaurants right there as well, but I don't remember what they are.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:58 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Your graphics always make me smile. I don't think Russ is going to drive the gsxr because we are going to stay Sat. night in Fayetteville with friends - but don't count him out yet. He tends to change his mind at least a couple of times before a final decision is made. I will let you know what he decides.

We will leave from Russellville - staying there Friday night and leaving the dogs at my parents house. We could meet up in Russellville and motor to the lodge together if ya want to. (along with anyone else)

Last edited by mrs.mini; 10-31-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Willie MINI
Neutral
We are Randall and Deb from Oklahoma City... part of the OKMINI group. We are pumped about getting the heck out of dodge for the weekend :impatient and meeting lots of new MINI people. I know there are several of us coming from the OKC, Tulsa area. We are leaving mid-afternoon tomorrow, so we will see you all there!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
3 WIRE
2nd Gear
Bring it

Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Garjanick
Neutral
More Okies coming

2 more from OKMini will be heading to Paris friday evening. Look foward to seeing everyone saturday am.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:01 PM
PenniMini
Merry Minis On the Mountain Event Flyer and Schedule

Hi Everyone -

Hope to see all of you this weekend at Mt Magazine. Please see the attached event flyer with the details!

We hope to see all of you there!!

PenniMini
aka Danielle & Greg Taylor

Attached Thumbnails November's Merry MINIs on the Mountain Holiday Kick-Off Bash and Pig Trail-merrymini.jpg  
Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
gbishop
Merry MINIs on the Mountain

Sure would like to see everyone at our big event this weekend.
Here's a link to the Rally Guide/Flyer for the festivities....
Come play with us!!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 01:17 PM
vargasgal
5th Gear
I really wanted to make this trip...so sad we couldn't make it. Do you know if any of the MINIacs are supposed to be there?

Hope you all have a safe and fun weekend!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Free Spirit
I had a good time Saturday. I apologize for being so out of it though. I have been on an emotional roller coaster this week with this new job thing. At the beginning of the week I didn't think I would get it but still hopeful then getting the job at the end of the week. I really wanted this job so the emotions were draining. Then working late Friday night, after giving my notice they made me do more of a manual labor position than what I was suppose to be doing so I was one pooped puppy! I didn't get much sleep Friday night having to get up early to get to the mountain in time. Plus, being excited about this ride. I was literally over exhausted by Saturday night I was a zombie on the way home. I hope to see everyone again when I'm more myself and not so out of it!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:33 AM
3 WIRE
2nd Gear
Hey
We would like to thank all the AMOK's involved in setting this event up. Greg, Jeff, Carrie and all your families this was a really good weekend.

A lot of hard work on your part.

Nice to meet w/ Carrie and the "Duc Man" at lunch.

See you in the future.

Steve, Sonja & Zac

Old 11-04-2007, 01:30 PM
gbishop
AMOKs 1st Annual Merry MINIs on the Mountain=fun

The 1st Annual Merry MINIs on the Mountain was a load of fun!

On behalf of my family, Jeff, Gloria, Trey and Morgan we'd like to thank everyone that came. Thanks OK MINI's and Miniacs etc..for joining with the AMOKS in our 1st "big" event. Your being there made ALL the difference!!
Lets meet and ride again, the more MINIs the better

A lot of us have made reservations at The Lodge at Mount Magazine for next year, October 31-November 2, 2008. If you would like to join us for the
2nd Annual MINIs on the Mountain event, you can make reservations at
1-877-MM-LODGE or check out Mount Magazine State Park at www.mountmagazinestatepark.com The Lodge is beautiful and and rooms go quick this time of year, (when we left there was only one 1 bedroom cabin left for that weekend, but there were quite a few rooms available in the lodge), so book early. From what I understand you can cancel your reservation as late as the week before the arrival date.
Thanks again everybody. Join us next year!!!

Old 11-04-2007, 03:44 PM
resmini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks so much to AMOK and all involved with making MINIs on the Mountain a fun event. The weather was great and so was the company.

My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves, money was raised for a good cause, (American Cancer Society), and...last but not least, I won a door prize. The little yellow MINI diecast is proudly displayed in my MINI display case.

Thanks,

R.E. and Diane Stancliff Sr.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:29 PM
preludestuntin
2nd Gear
I really wish I could have made it like I had planned but some unexpected events came up. This event would have been a great 1st event for me and my Mini as well as a great kickstart to many exciting "Motoring" outings. I really hope to make it to any future events.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:56 PM
diana71
Neutral
Hi Everyone!
We would like to thank everyone involved in planning this weekends activities! Everyone was so helpful and nice. We will definitely be attending next year.

Tollie & Diana Smith

and Squirt!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Willie MINI
Neutral
On behalf of myself (Deb), Randall and all the other OKMINI Gang....I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the hospitality that you showed us. We had a great time!!! Its always great to meet other MINI people and Clubs. I know it took a lot of time, effort, planning and hard work to put that event together, and want to make sure that you know that we appreciate you!!! Hopefully we will meet up again soon

Old 11-08-2007, 05:03 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Just checked with the Mt. Magazine Lodge today. They have 20 rooms blocked off for the Mini Coopers next year-Oct 31-Nov 2. We reserved one, so there's 19 left. Come on and meet with us next year. The Pig Trail awaits.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
3 WIRE
2nd Gear
Were in for next year. Sonja booked a room at the lodge last Sunday.

Hope to see you all before then.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:43 PM
TBOB
1st Gear
Just reserved a room, at the lodge for Friday Oct. 31st, and Saturday Nov. 1st of next year

Bob

Old 11-09-2007, 01:45 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
I got my room reserved. They were still asking if I wanted a standard or deluxe so Mini-ites still have some time. I would hurry though.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Free Spirit
Yea! rgp2 is coming!

Found out last night that the vettes have rooms reserved at the lodge also. We have a limited number of rooms reserved. If you want a room, get it now! You can always cancel up to week in advance if you need to.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:35 AM
JeffAMOK
Neutral
AMOK MMotM and the OKMINI group

I dont see many posts from the OKMINI group on here so I went to okmini.com and registered and posted the let them know how much we enjoyed having them. Here is what I said:

Hey Everybody,
Jeff from Arkansas MINI Owners Klub. I'm certain that I speak for all of the AMOKs when I say we were delighted to have you all join us for the first MMotM. Everyone seems to have had a wonderful time. We hope to get to do more things together in the future which reminds me, the next MMotM is scheduled for Oct 31 thru Nov 2 2008. Quite a few folks from all over have already made reservations and we have a block of rooms set aside at the lodge on Magazine Mountain. Also, some have made reservations at the Paris Inn (aka the paris hilton). Oh and since the next MMotM begins on Halloween we are planning a costume party for Friday night at the lodge. Thanks again for joining us!
One more thing, as of this weekend we are a 2 MINI family as I replaced the gas guzzling SUV with a Chili Red Cooper S. His name is THOR and together with the wifes liquid yellow Cooper named Flash Gordon they look like mustard and Ketchup in the driveway. I can't wait to get out there and set Thor free on some fun roads. Hope to see you soon.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Tess
4th Gear
Jeff, where is the Lodge info? Carrie said I should get my room booked.. and I can't find it anywhere.. to tired to keep reading everything!