All other MINI parts and items for Sale (archive) Archived - Everything for sale that is not a car or wheels and tires (but is MINI/Mini-related)

FS: NEW - Palo Uber Tuner Lug Key!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:41 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was my own doing, got run off the highway and destroyed the bumper cover, splitter and brake ducts. Making lemonade from the issue and modding the hood while it's in the shop.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gnatster
Was my own doing, got run off the highway and destroyed the bumper cover, splitter and brake ducts. Making lemonade from the issue and modding the hood while it's in the shop.
I think you had a thread about this mishap. Still sorry to hear of it. Are you sure PU wasn't somehow at fault? They make a really good villain you know.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Sorry, I am one of the few Americans left that takes responsibility for their actions....it was all me, can't pin PU at all for this. There are no PU parts on, in or anywhere near my Mini. Never will be either.

The antenna is still doing well, on my desk.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:52 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Sorry, I am one of the few Americans left that takes responsibility for their actions....it was all me, can't pin PU at all for this. There are no PU parts on, in or anywhere near my Mini. Never will be either.

The antenna is still doing well, on my desk.
I guess I confused two mishap threads (or perhaps two vendors). I thought I had read that someone (I guess someone other than you) had a splitter on the front and that, based on how it was installed, caused the entire front end to be torn off when the splitter was what took the initial impact.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:58 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
That was me...

I would not go so far as to blame the vendor for the bumper cover being ripped off. My thread was asking if there might be a better way to mount the splitter so it was more of a breakaway type item instead of it taking the cover along with it. The impact was such that the splitter dug in to the top of a fire ant mound on the left side. The bumper cover already had a few small cracks and tears in from other agricultural excursions, both on and off track. Being as the splitter is firmly mounted (a good thing for 99% of customers) and the cover was already compromised it ripped. Speed was also a factor.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:19 PM
blackie
6th Gear
That was me...

I would not go so far as to blame the vendor for the bumper cover being ripped off. My thread was asking if there might be a better way to mount the splitter so it was more of a breakaway type item instead of it taking the cover along with it. The impact was such that the splitter dug in to the top of a fire ant mound on the left side. The bumper cover already had a few small cracks and tears in from other agricultural excursions, both on and off track. Being as the splitter is firmly mounted (a good thing for 99% of customers) and the cover was already compromised it ripped. Speed was also a factor.
All in all, I'm very sorry to hear about it and I wish you the very, very best in getting your ride back in shape.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:32 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Thanks...

I've turned this lemon experience into lemonade. See the thread on Venting the Bonnet.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Well, well, well! PU is now again announcing (in the NAM Vendor thread area) that they have finally fixed the problem with their tuner lugs. They only wait to "clear customs".

The following link is to my 600+ post thread on my horrible PU tuner lug experience (with more than one set of tuners). I will not be asking for yet another replacement set, but the others who have rusty sets, go right ahead and stick your head in the oven again (a metaphor, just in case you can't tell).

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=108918

In any case, I may be giving this key away (see post #663 in the above referenced thread), but if not and you simply want a back-up, this key remains for sale. Hop on it now while you still can; more rusty lugs await you!

Old 12-02-2007, 11:22 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I love this thread. It's like a parody of itself.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:05 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
I love this thread. It's like a parody of itself.
Glad we are keeping you amused. Want to buy a key?

Old 12-08-2007, 05:31 AM
Newdl
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol

what a great read for a saturday morning :-)