Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

Good experience at MOB Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:22 AM
runningerin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good experience at MOB Service

Just to let everyone know who is interested-- I had a good experience at the new Mini of Birmingham Service department. I had my driver's door fixed (wouldn't open from the inside) and had a small dent removed from my right rear panel. The dent was a last minute request, and they located the dent guy on another lot. Very handy! Both jobs were done in about an hour and a half or so--just enough time for breakfast in the cafe, a look at the Minis on the lot, and a few games of foosball with my son in the showroom!

But they returned my car WASHED! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
ParrishBlue
4th Gear
So, were you happy with the wash job? MINI would wash mine every time I had work done in Nashville too. I prefer to wash my MINI myself. Its like an emotional bond thing and I'm picky about what is used and how its done. I just enjoy washing it....I'm sure most MINIphiles feel the same way ^_^

I am asking because I am going there tomorrow for the first time to have the Oxygen Sensor repaired. I may ask them not to wash it.....it should be raining anyway.

Nice to meet you, I'm Gail

Old 09-17-2009, 04:50 AM
runningerin
2nd Gear
Hi Gail!

Yes, I like to wash my own Mini with my own products, too. It was too late to stop them from washing it when I took it in. If you don't want them to wash it, make sure to tell them up front because they do it for all service calls, I guess, for that "special extra touch!"

Old 09-18-2009, 12:17 PM
ParrishBlue
4th Gear
MoB Service Report:
It went great! I had gotten a letter from MINI re; the O'2 Sensor issues, that if the "Check Engine" light had been going off and on and fell into specific perimeters, they would replace it FREE of charge. Well.....when I got there, seems it could turn out that my car may NOT have the sensor in question and would NOT be covered. The only way to know is to scan it (which would cost $94.00! What happened to the "free" thing?) Turns out the scan did show I had the bad sensor and everything was covered.

More to the story....while they fixed it, my husband, Bruce and I had lunch then went back to fetch my car. He was a little heated that they would charge for a scan, no matter what the outcome, since it was being scanned in regard to the letter sent out in the first place. Stephen had already scanned it and said that was what it was. We walked in the door, Bruce and the service advisor stopped, looked at each other and said nothing...like a deer in the headlights. Bruce walked around the counter and they hugged like long lost kin! It was so cool. They we're childhood friends and had been looking for each other since the 70's! They exchanged info and will have lunch together next week to catch up on the last several decades. It turned out to be a good day at MoB for ALL~

Thanx for letting me share

Old 12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
runningerin
2nd Gear
Well, bummer, my door won't open again. I guess they didn't "fix" it after all. Will have to find some time to take it back in.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:22 PM
ke4sfq
4th Gear
Taking mine in Saturday

Glad to hear you had a good experience...or maybe not as I continued to read!! I am going to take mine to MOB Saturday for front brakes. I bought it used and have taken it to Nashville once but want to give MOB a try since both are about the same distance away.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:19 PM
ke4sfq
4th Gear
Great Service

I took mine in to get the front brakes replaced and they did an excellent job and fast! I was very impressed. That was my first time there and the facility is amazing compared to the Nashville Mini.

I also really like having our own service center separate from BMW. I will definitely be taking my Mini to MOB to be serviced from this point forward.

Kevin

Florence, AL