The Dragon WILL kill you.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Dragon WILL kill you.

To all newbies, veterans and folks coming to the Dragon...

PLEASE be careful!!! These roads are a fun place to drive... and perfect for MINIs. That being said, we've already flipped one MINI, and don't want to see another one.

PLEASE drive within your limits. Slow is respectable. Please don't show off... we would MUCH rather have you safe than see you fly by us.

Harnesses are recommended... but if you dont have them, be EXTRA careful.

See you soon!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:50 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yikes !! Hope nobody was hurt !!!!

My co-pilot will keep me in line. In fact, she'll probably keep me going at a snail's pace. So if you see a JB MCSC going about 5 mph down the Dragon, it's me.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sad to see this post already.... I hope nobody was hurt...? And the big events haven't even started yet....A good reminder though...

Donna

Old 04-29-2008, 07:11 PM
joshamman
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hope they are all right. We had the dragon (almost) to ourselves on the drive in this afternoon, which is good, because we went kinda slow with all the stuff in the car (including 2 dogs )
Be safe!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 PM
MINInurse
Nationally Known Nurse
Yes,. everyone is ok.they walked away with out any damage. MINIs are great little cars. Even drove back up to Fontana

To top it off yesterday a biker died.... VERY sobering events. PLEASE be careful everyone!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Glad they are ok..... This is NEVER good

Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Yikes, glad to hear no one was hurt...

Be careful out there guys - you can all have fun and still stay safe!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Scavenger
6th Gear
Yep, just saw that ARTICLE
Originally Posted by MINInurse
Yes,. everyone is ok.they walked away with out any damage. MINIs are great little cars. Even drove back up to Fontana

To top it off yesterday a biker died.... VERY sobering events. PLEASE be careful everyone!
Fortunately for the MINI, it looks repairable and no injuries.

Be careful!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:20 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
And one more things, if a MINI in front of you is going slower than you'd like don't ride their *** or pass dangerously. Better to slow down your run than to stress others out and possibly create a dangerous situation.

If you are the one going slower and you see some people coming up, it is a nice courtesy to pull over on a turn out (if you happen to pass one) and let the others pass. I did this many a time when I was at MOTD and the people behind were very grateful.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Tori! Let's keep all the MINI's upright and between the lines this year. We've got a pretty good reputation in the area and are known for being safe and courteous drivers (even if some of us are a little nuts).

Even the trained and experienced racers need to remember to back off a bit and enjoy the scenery. Drive quick and spirited, but there is no reason whatsoever to push the limits here.

The challenge of the dragon is to drive very smoothy and consistently. The really fast guys out there don't look or sound fast because they are so smooth. If you are squealing tires on every turn, you are not going as fast as you can, only as stupid as you can.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:10 AM
mikecontract
1st Gear
We had a nice semi spirited Dragon Parade this morning. Wife and I went a little past the turnaround area, then returned and stopped at the overlook. She asked me in her special way "we are going back slower, RIGHT? !?" So we were having a nice relaxed return trip until marker 3 when she said "PULL OVER ". I did, she did, then we relaxed for a bit.

From then on back we went quite relaxed. When traffic caught up I flashed my turn signal a couple of times, then pulled over as soon as I found a safe spot. Everyone (Minis and bikers) backed off until I could clear the road, and without fail gave a wave or a toot of thanks. No one pushed me, and she didn't feed the fish anymore.

It's all about having fun.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:54 PM
MiniStupidfun
6th Gear
keep em on all fours!! Have fun at the dragon,..maybe next year for me

Old 05-02-2008, 02:54 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mikecontract
We had a nice semi spirited Dragon Parade this morning. Wife and I went a little past the turnaround area, then returned and stopped at the overlook. She asked me in her special way "we are going back slower, RIGHT? !?" So we were having a nice relaxed return trip until marker 3 when she said "PULL OVER ". I did, she did, then we relaxed for a bit.

From then on back we went quite relaxed. When traffic caught up I flashed my turn signal a couple of times, then pulled over as soon as I found a safe spot. Everyone (Minis and bikers) backed off until I could clear the road, and without fail gave a wave or a toot of thanks. No one pushed me, and she didn't feed the fish anymore.

It's all about having fun.
The last time I was at the dragon, my wife made an honest attempt to keep her mouth shut so she'd quit nagging me to slow down. She thought she'd let me enjoy myself.

That was all okay until she threw up on our dachshund. Now she won't go anymore. (thank god)

Mark

Old 05-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Kilted
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
The last time I was at the dragon, my wife made an honest attempt to keep her mouth shut so she'd quit nagging me to slow down. She thought she'd let me enjoy myself.

That was all okay until she threw up on our dachshund. Now she won't go anymore. (thank god)

Mark
My wife and I have been up and down the Dragon four times so far and there is peace at home .She swears that last October when we rode it on our bike (Vstar) it was LESS stressfull . She has been my passenger for 25 years, so I'll take her word for it. Could not get three better days to run the Dragon .