5th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (May 3-6, 2007) The 5th Anniversary of the largest MINI event in the nation. Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon?

Group Panoramic Photo Details

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:07 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Group Panoramic Photo Details

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A PHOTO TO BE IN THE PICTURE!!

If you THINK you might be attending the Photo shoot this year please go to the EVENT PLANNER and register your name. This does not obligate you to attend, but it will help the photographer to guage how many MINIs / Minis are going to be there and set up the parameters for the picture ahead of time.

Date: Saturday May 5th 2007
Time: 10:00 am
Cost: Click here for the order form

George S. Pearl of Atlanta Panorama / ALPS Labs is returning to take our group photo again.

Like last year there will be two pictures taken: one with just the MINIs and one with the MINIs and their proud owners!

In order to speed up the process George has provided us with PDF order form. You can print it out, have it filled out and just drop off when you are done and not have to wait in line like last year!!

The most important thing is that the form be TOTALLY FILLED OUT and that a PHONE NUMBER IS PROVIDED so George can reach you if needed.

Click here for pricing and an order form

George has also come up with three easy ways to pay this year:
  1. Anyone who has filled out the order form with a credit card number to simply just walk up and drop it into the order box that will be provided. You are then free to leave.
  2. If you are paying with a check, you will put their order in a provided envelope, seal it and drop it in the box. You will then be free to leave.
  3. If you are paying with cash, one of George's staff will take your order form and cash to confirm the order and... Then you will be free to go!
All volunteers will need to be there no later than 9:30 am, and of course these folks will get their MINIs in the FRONT ROW.

Volunteer list
1. William / Wagnbat
2. Matt / PassatDoTd
3. Mike / Mishka
4. Jene /Catterfly
5. Tim / iflymini
6. John / iflymini
7. John / Obsessive
8. Celia / Obsessive

Keep in mind the actuall picture is 5 feet long and show much better than this reduce picture!!

For those that haven't seen one of these done, it's pretty cool. The cars are line up in a half cirlce, the photograhper is in a cherry picker with a hi-tech camera that move about 180 degrees, so when the picture is done it appears that the cars where in a straigh line

Last edited by snooter; 04-17-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:17 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone post a picture of the panoramic pictures done at past MOTDs so those who haven't been can see what these look like? Might help the newbies see why this is such a cool item.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:20 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Done!

Old 04-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Mrs. Skurvy
3rd Gear
Mr. Pearl!!! I've talked to him on the phone re: doing some work for my law firm... I hope I can finally meet him in person.

Can't wait to be part of my first MOTD group photo!!! YAY!

Old 04-06-2007, 09:11 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skurvy
Mr. Pearl!!! I've talked to him on the phone re: doing some work for my law firm... I hope I can finally meet him in person.

Can't wait to be part of my first MOTD group photo!!! YAY!
George is coming in on Friday night and will probably hanging out at the BBQ also.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:23 AM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where/how do I sign up to be a volunteer?

Old 04-14-2007, 07:05 AM
iflymini
4th Gear
WE NEED MORE

MINIS for this photo! With only 47 we could just do wallet size pics rather than a panoramic. But who wants 5 foot wallet?

Where are the procrastinators?

Old 04-14-2007, 04:15 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Last year we did not have a registration for the photo. Details were not given out till the last week and then at the welcome dinner and we manage to get about 127 cars. So, I'm thinking that maybe the same will happen this year and alot of folks will show up at the last minute.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:49 PM
CyebrOgre
3rd Gear
I'm in. I would like to volunteer as well!

Old 04-14-2007, 06:35 PM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
me and my team are in! if you need help would be glad to volunteer just let me know

Old 04-15-2007, 05:13 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Even if you don't plan on buying a picture I would like to invite / encourage anyone that can to attend!!

A. It's a pretty cool process to see how it's made.

B. I think last year we were in and out in just about a hour, and it gave us a great chance to smooze and mingle and oggle at the other MINIs while the shot was being set up!!

C. It will help make for a better picture for your fellow MINIacs that are buying one!!

Old 04-16-2007, 08:18 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Even though MOTD registration is closed you can still sign up for the Group Photo right up till the event itself. And of course walk-on are always welcome. I'm gonna print out 30 or so order forms and have them out at the Welcome Dinner Aslo.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:48 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
I'll volunteer to help again this year too. Bought one two years ago, was in 2nd row. Volunteered last year but my car was in shop so nothing of mine in pic. So definately like to help again this year and make it to the front row finally!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
looks like we have the 8 volunteers that George has requested. But those that show up early will have the best chance of the front row!!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:24 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
A Reminder to those that are particpating in the Group Photo:

Some other car club left donuts on the grass area where the photo is taken. The TVA said if this happens again, we will not have access to this area again. So let's show them MINI way on how to behave

Old 04-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
That was the S2000 group, and that happened in 2005 after the first motd panoramic I believe.

We left some minor ruts last year just because the ground was so soggy... But I talked to TVA afterwards, and they were understanding that the ruts were not caused by abuse... We just need to be mindful to keep damage to a minimum.

Originally Posted by snooter
Keep in mind the actuall picture is 5 feet long and show much better than this reduce picture!!
Or 8 feet. I have an 8 footer from last year, and it's quite impressive framed. And yes, it's getting shipped to Guam.

Last edited by Wagnbat; 04-27-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM
vdubdoug
6th Gear
Count me in

Old 04-27-2007, 11:42 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
How're we looking number wise for this?

Wagnbat, any special instructions for the volunteers or just show up by 9:30?

Old 04-27-2007, 04:34 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
93 have registered so far. We will have mural up to generate interest at the Welcome Dinner and George will be at the BBQ with a frame photo to do the same.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 PM
iflymini
4th Gear
Come on people! I can't believe there are more MINI's going on the Ice Cream Run than will be at the Group Photo??

Old 04-27-2007, 10:54 PM
InTTruder
2nd Gear
The Audi "Quattro de Mayo" group planned on an 1130 Dam time !

We'll adjust as necessary if you guys think you need more than 90m to setup and execute the group pic. Originally, I heard you have a 0900 assemble time at the dam.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:52 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Originally Posted by InTTruder
The Audi "Quattro de Mayo" group planned on an 1130 Dam time !

We'll adjust as necessary if you guys think you need more than 90m to setup and execute the group pic. Originally, I heard you have a 0900 assemble time at the dam.
That a tough one to call. Last year I believe we were in and out in about a 90min time frame. Might want to push it to 12:00 to play it safe. Also, see what others chime in at here to.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
There will likely be stragglers after the pic hanging about... Are the TT's planning on meeting in the grass, or at the parking lot at the end of the dam? If at the end, there should be plenty of room down there. If on the grass (you guys have TVA permission, ya?) there should be plenty of that to go around too. You can see from the pic up top that with ~ 150 cars, we only take up about 30% of the grass.

As for volunteers, I will be there around 9am. George will likely be there already marking the field. Hopefully by 9:30, we'll already be lining up cars when the masses start arriving at 10am. That should give us a half hour or so to practice lining up the early birds, so that we can get everyone lined up quickly and efficiently.

You don't have to buy a picture to be in the picture. Please register here to ensure your Mini is accounted for when marking spaces. The photographer will take the number of Mini's into account when marking so that the picture is as full as possible. Last years pic was a bit empty at the top due to accounting for way more Minis than showed up, likely caused to poor communication about when/where the pic was taking place.

Last edited by Wagnbat; 04-28-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:47 PM
JoyRide
2nd Gear
I'd like to help line 'em up again this year.
That will make it 3 out of 3.
Unless you tell me not to I'll be at the site at 9:00.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:24 PM
gforce23
4th Gear
That snap by Robert Hutchinson is simply amazing. Does anyone remember the exact location?

Quick Reply: Group Panoramic Photo Details