5th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (May 3-6, 2007) The 5th Anniversary of the largest MINI event in the nation. Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon?

Official 2nd Annual Dragon Brew Swap Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 PM
blalor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're just sleeping off the hangover, Matt. ;-)

Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 PM
PEP
Coordinator ::Bluegrass Minis
Originally Posted by PassatDoTd
Where are my regulars who post on here? This thread has been too quiet lately.
Well, I could blab on and on about how I've brewed both Homebrew Competition beers and how the Oatmeal Stout blew kreusen out of the blow-off tube for several days until it settled down and has now been bottled with a final gravity of 1.016 and how the American Amber fermented at a more leisurely pace and has now been racked to the secondary fermenter and it looked good and smelled hoppy during the whole process.

I could also go on about how I wish someone would bring anything from Three Floyds because I can't seem to find anything by them here in Kentucky.

But, then I could whine about how I didn't win the Dragon Brew Swap shifter last year and that I would love to win the 2nd Annual Dragon Brew Swap shifter this year because it looks really cool and would look even cooler in my 06 Cooper S.

And then I could finally moan about how it's not May yet...

How's that Matt?

Old 03-03-2007, 08:38 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
That's what I'm talkin' about PEP!

I'm very much looking forward to tasting your beers. I'm like Pavlov's Dog, when I hear the word beer now I start salivating. It's simply amazing how my appreciation of beer has taken off since this all started over a year ago. I encourage anyone who loves beer to learn more about it as its a fun journey.

As for the shifter...you do realize that if you really wanted the shifter you could buy it from Whalen? I know free is best but if any of you truly want a Brew Swap shifter, and you don't win it, Whalen would be happy to make you one. This is not an exclusive one off deal as I wouldn't want to deny anyone the privilege of owning something this nice.

PEP, where is Three Floyds from, I'll try and track some down. I plan on emailing everyone on the list and asking what State they are from and what they are thinking about bringing. I might also start a beer request thread so we can try and meet everyone's demands. I'll update the website's "Beer" tab once I start getting responses and people will be able to see what Beer is coming.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Vrrooom
1st Gear
I am registered for my first brew swap. looking forward to it

Old 03-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
PEP, where is Three Floyds from, I'll try and track some down. I plan on emailing everyone on the list and asking what State they are from and what they are thinking about bringing. I might also start a beer request thread so we can try and meet everyone's demands. I'll update the website's "Beer" tab once I start getting responses and people will be able to see what Beer is coming.
Munster, Indiana. The best Hoosier brew out there IMHO.

http://www.threefloyds.com/dspLocation.html

Old 03-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What just happened to the registration? The count is now down to just 4. WTF?

Old 03-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Mini2Go
Erm. Now it says zero. Nobody. What's going on - did we get canceled? :impatient

Old 03-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Everyone just relax I've been doing some work on the MOTD event area and was in the middle of a modification. All is now back to normal

Old 03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Mini2Go
Whew! Good thing! Thanks Mark. I'm hoping that your "housekeeping" was in preparation for opening up registration!

Old 03-03-2007, 03:51 PM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Nah, he just likes messing with us beeraholics.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:51 AM
PEP
It's simply amazing how my appreciation of beer has taken off since this all started over a year ago. I encourage anyone who loves beer to learn more about it as its a fun journey.
Same here. I have tried and appreciated so many different styles since last year. It seems I have a new favorite every month.

As for the shifter...you do realize that if you really wanted the shifter you could buy it from Whalen? I know free is best but if any of you truly want a Brew Swap shifter, and you don't win it, Whalen would be happy to make you one. This is not an exclusive one off deal as I wouldn't want to deny anyone the privilege of owning something this nice.
But it would be so much more special to win one. I bet I have jinxed myself now.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:06 PM
MedicRandy
1st Gear
All right I've registered. Did I read correctly that there will be a shirt? If so where do we need to give our sizes? Sorry if this has been addressed prior, but 9 pages is a lot to read through. :D

Old 03-04-2007, 08:45 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MedicRandy
Did I read correctly that there will be a shirt? If so where do we need to give our sizes? Sorry if this has been addressed prior, but 9 pages is a lot to read through. :D
You can go the the Brew Swap website to order shirts : http://www.dragonbrewswap.com/

Old 03-05-2007, 06:34 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Thanks for helping Randy with that Francis.

Just a reminder folks, you have less than a month to order a Brew Swap or Beerlympics T-Shirt. No matter how few orders I have, the ordering process closes April 1st and that's that. No additional runs later, no shirts to buy at the event.

I'll be emailing everyone on the registration list tonight or tomorrow with some more information about the swap. Please start giving some thought as to what you plan to bring beer wise.

If you have any questions at all and can post them before tonight I can probably answer them in my email.

Registration is up to 169. Will we make 250? I don't know, but we're sure as hell gonna have fun.

Edit: Go here to list what beers you are bringing to the swap.

Last edited by BrewSwapGuy; 03-05-2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
Munster, Indiana. The best Hoosier brew out there IMHO.

http://www.threefloyds.com/dspLocation.html
Can any of you Chicago area folk pick up some Three Floyds to bring? I googled Munster, IN and it looks pretty close to Chicago.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Ords
6th Gear
Can any of you Chicago area folk pick up some Three Floyds to bring? I googled Munster, IN and it looks pretty close to Chicago.

How much? Seriously, I'm picking up from 3 other breweries so I could probably add this to the list.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Mini2Go
Wow! Are there really that few others coming from around Chi-town? It is a very nice gesture for you to bring all of that but maybe you should consider leaving some options for the others from your area to bring? (...Unless there are just that many breweries there to choose from that you could each bring 3 breweries and still not run out of choices?) ...and are you driving a MINI or a U-haul!

On a related but different note, does each Rock Bottom produce different beer? Do they sell anything but growlers? We have one here in Pittsburgh, but I still haven't made it there yet.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Ords
6th Gear
There's that many Breweries...

Good question about Rock Bottom, if it's the same one, I'll look at another to bring.

Plus, you can never have too much Beer.

Originally Posted by Mini2Go
Wow! Are there really that few others coming from around Chi-town? It is a very nice gesture for you to bring all of that but maybe you should consider leaving some options for the others from your area to bring? (...Unless there are just that many breweries there to choose from that you could each bring 3 breweries and still not run out of choices?) ...and are you driving a MINI or a U-haul!

On a related but different note, does each Rock Bottom produce different beer? Do they sell anything but growlers? We have one here in Pittsburgh, but I still haven't made it there yet.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:37 PM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Yeah there should still be plenty of Chi-Town breweries to choose from. And somebody will need to bring Goose Island.

There are also quite a few other peeps from Chicago coming.

Ords, as far as quantity, no idea. But PEP has requested someone bring Three Floyds. I'm assuming because he looooooooooves it. So PEP, chime in, how much were you looking for?

Old 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
I'll be attending the Brew Swap for the first time this year. I plan to bring a selection from the Dunedin Brewery. Dunedin is a small town in Pinellas County, Northwest of Tampa, and has deep Scottish roots.

http://http://www.dunedinbrewery.com/beer.html

They don't have a huge selection, but what they make is mighty fine stuff. I tend to favor the darker varieties- reds, stouts, porters, so I will likely be heavy on those. If anyone sees a particular variety on their site that they want me to be sure to bring, just holler.

Bill

Old 03-05-2007, 03:30 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Matt, Dunedin Brewery that BillTheCat is talking about is the one I brought samples to the Blue Water Mountain Lodge for you last year!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 PM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Originally Posted by snooter
Hey Matt, Dunedin Brewery that BillTheCat is talking about is the one I brought samples to the Blue Water Mountain Lodge for you last year!
That was some good brew man. Thanks again for that.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:17 PM
PEP
Ords, as far as quantity, no idea. But PEP has requested someone bring Three Floyds. I'm assuming because he looooooooooves it. So PEP, chime in, how much were you looking for?
Actually, I've never had anything from Three Floyds but the guys on Craft Beer Radio have raved about it, so I thought it would be a great chance to get to try some. I'm particularly interested in Alpha King and Dreadnaught. So, what ever is brought, I would gladly trade some homebrew for a couple of bottles of Three Floyds.

I'm bringing my Oatmeal Stout and an American Amber (both of which will be in the homebrew competition). If I can get another batch made (and conditioned) by May, I'll also be bringing an English Pale.

Is it May yet?

Old 03-06-2007, 04:19 AM
bigfun04
4th Gear
I was just at 3 Floyds last weekend. My son is in a play at the local Munster Theater and we went there to eat after the play.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:59 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
*Banging fists on table*
Stout, Stout, Stout, Stout,Stout.......

All this talk of stout, I am the happiest camper of all!!

Annette

Quick Reply: Official 2nd Annual Dragon Brew Swap Thread