3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

The Great Big List of Everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 09:42 AM
moonpie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I will be attending. We are coming up on Thursday and will be staying in Waynesville. So we can be home for Mother's Day we will leave on Saturday morning.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:53 PM
kgdblu
6th Gear
This is hard for me to say, but I don't think we can come to the Dragon this year
We'll be deep into our building project by then, and we both feel we need to be here. The construction could all go smoothly, but ya never know. I'd hate to be hundreds of miles away if something goes wrong.
I am so completely bummed out.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:28 PM
appygirl
1st Gear
MINIclo- sorry I did not respond sooner. I've been soooo busy lately. I was down at the GAP on the 2nd or 3rd week of Oct. There was a group of MINI's there from the NY area. Was that you by chance? The weather was beautiful. Almost too much traffic. Generally in May, the traffic is better.

As far as those wanting to take the MINI's through Cade's Cove, just might want to keep in mind that if your MINI is stock, it might be a tuff ride since the MINI's are pretty low to the ground. Might be a little scraping here and there. There are a lot of good roads in the area to take. Besides the Dragon, there is Little River Road thru the park. Much more fun at night with all the twisties and little traffic. Also Wear's Valley road into Pigeon Forge. If you are in Townsend, TN and take the Foothills Pkwy like you are going to go to 129/The Gap, about 1/2 way up on the Pkwy there is a road called Happy Valley road which is a detour going to 129. Lots of fun!!!! Lots of Twisties. The Cherohala Skyway is great, too. If you want some nice roads that are not usually traveled- let me know. I can give you directions or meet up when we are down there. My boyfriend knows just about all the roads since he goes down there all the time with his motorcycle. I have been down numerous times as well. Chow!! :smile:

Old 02-04-2005, 04:11 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by appygirl
MINIclo- sorry I did not respond sooner. I've been soooo busy lately. I was down at the GAP on the 2nd or 3rd week of Oct. There was a group of MINI's there from the NY area. Was that you by chance? The weather was beautiful. Almost too much traffic. Generally in May, the traffic is better.
that was us at Deals Gap in Oct (but only one kar with NY tags...me )

Old 02-04-2005, 04:29 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Originally Posted by koolmini
that was us at Deals Gap in Oct (but only one kar with NY tags...me )
But Kool you get around so much, she might have thought you were 12 different kars.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sndwave
But Kool you get around so much, she might have thought you were 12 different kars.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:06 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by appygirl

I was at the Dragon with about 25 MINIs. Most of us stayed at Fontana, and had a great time! I was also there in late July. Yeah, the May traffic is nice and light!

See you soon!

Clover

Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 AM
bunny
1st Gear
i think i'm on the list twice! not sure if there is another bunny, but i see both bunny and bunnydabod there - bunnydabod is my screen name in the OL. maybe there's another bunny tho. anyone know?

also, i'm now with SSM.

Old 02-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Jollynut
2nd Gear
Hey bunny - glad you have got your nice Dragon signature - looks cool/warm!

I heard that the Dragon official website is going to be up and running this weekend.
Anyone know, is this so? If it is, where is it??

Old 02-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Stone
1st Gear
Where In !!!!!!!!!!

I'am jumping in with all four SSR wheels and Falken Azenis Sport tires.

The only proable is I don't have my MCS/BRG get. It should come in at the end of Feb.

Four the last month I've been reading threads and asking guestion on NAM what a great site for all of us to use.

It was just last night when I read about the 3rd Annual Minis on the Dragon.
Well I called Fontana Village today and got one of the last cabins called the Dogwood. The lady said that all of the cabins are booked and the Inn is full she has one Magnolias cabin left as of 1:00 today.

After four year showing a 1958 type 1 VW with 36hp and 6 volts and a top speed of 70mp down hill. I'm more then ready for my new MCS.

I look forward to meeting some of you folks at the Dragon.

Stone Out!!!!!!!! Battle Creek, MI

Old 02-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Wraith1416
4th Gear
stone, check out www.MichiganMINI.com your more than welcome to cruise down with our convoy. you can find all the information for the convoy down and all the events we've got for the coming year.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
This is a living document (oohhh creepy!) that I'll update as I have new information for you... But it will be going away once the Event website goes live and we start taking registrations (at that point I think this will become a dead document! )
As the MOTD area is now operational with registrations and RSVPs I'll close this thread so that we can consolidate information through the event planner.

Thanks!

Mark