2nd Annual MINIs in the Mountains (Aug 9-12, 2007) Another year of high-altitude Motoring fun!

MITM ~ The THANK YOU Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:30 PM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Jonathan: We had a great time and will be back for MITM3. It was truly a pleasure to meet such great Miniacs. We would like to express our sincere appreciation to you and the Copper Mountain staff for facilitating my wife's food allergy at the Saturday night banquet. Thanks again!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 PM
lotsie
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark

Old 08-13-2007, 08:03 PM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
The MINIs from San Diego are home, as of about 4.5 hours ago. The best part of a roadtrip is when everyone arrives home safely and can look back on the adventure with fond memories. We certainly can.

To all of the volunteers, the Copper Mountain staff, the vendors, and the many miniacs who made the trek to MITM, THANK YOU!!! We had a terrific time and we're already sharing pics, stories, memories, and experiences with our MINI club to build enthusiasm for MITM3. It will not surprise me if we represent SoCal with 20-30 MINIs next year. Peeps know when they miss a good time, and they don't make the same mistake again.

Jonathan, a special thanks specifically to you. You were the "face" of MITM. You were always available; always had a smile; always said hello (and remembered our names!); answered every question; and obviously went out of your way a billion times over to ensure that everything was perfect. You did an amazing job!!

I'm so glad to have met so many of you, put screen names with MINIs, faces, and names, and enjoyed the last vacation days of summer.

MINIs - not just a car...an entire lifestyle.

Until the next time MINIs bring us together with all of you again,

Tigs & Mike

Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Ann, you all were great to meet too

I know the trouble you went to to get here, having been to the Dragon a few times. But the feelings I have must be like yours, since I have already made plans to return to Fontana.

Plan to come see us at the MINI5280 Cabin this year - always the 1st cabin on Welch Rd., right by the lower lot. You are always welcome with us.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Originally Posted by minianni
A major thanks to Jonathan and all that were involved in MITM. Excellent facilities (Fontana could learn a few things)... 1st time to CO. and the scenery was UNBELIEVABLE. Met some great people from all over. We could go on and on.

Will definitely be back.

Hated to leave. But we did at 5am mtn. Sun pulled into home in NC @ 8:20am edt. (6:20mtn) Mon....1673mi. And I have no idea why we did that. Just 'cuz, I guess.

The minianni's (Ann & Steve Darcy)

Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
I trust that

you did not meet up with any more of those 'badged' characters on the way home.

Please let us know if your group wants a 'sub' event of some sort next year. We will help you plan it.

Thanks and it was nice to make your acquaintance.

Jonathan

JPS

Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay
The MINIs from San Diego are home, as of about 4.5 hours ago. The best part of a roadtrip is when everyone arrives home safely and can look back on the adventure with fond memories. We certainly can.

To all of the volunteers, the Copper Mountain staff, the vendors, and the many miniacs who made the trek to MITM, THANK YOU!!! We had a terrific time and we're already sharing pics, stories, memories, and experiences with our MINI club to build enthusiasm for MITM3. It will not surprise me if we represent SoCal with 20-30 MINIs next year. Peeps know when they miss a good time, and they don't make the same mistake again.

Jonathan, a special thanks specifically to you. You were the "face" of MITM. You were always available; always had a smile; always said hello (and remembered our names!); answered every question; and obviously went out of your way a billion times over to ensure that everything was perfect. You did an amazing job!!

I'm so glad to have met so many of you, put screen names with MINIs, faces, and names, and enjoyed the last vacation days of summer.

Tigs & Mike

Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 PM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
@ badged characters.

I made it home without another speeding ticket. We concluded that the fine unmarked officers of Utah must take Sundays off, as we didn't see any...which was fine with me. My encounter with one on Wednesday is enough for the next 10 years.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:13 AM
pauhana
Take the high road
You're welcome!

It's nice to hear that folks are (hopefully) safely home with fond memories of MITM '07. On behalf of all of the members of MINI5280 and especially those who made time before, during and after the event to help make it what it is, a big "you're welcome" is in order! You're welcome for coming to MITM and making it what it is. The people make the event. To me, the reward is seeing the smiling faces and hearing the laughter all weekend. I think the MINIs were wearing smiles too.

As a member of three clubs (MINI5280, MOTR [Minis of the Rockies], and, of course, C.O.R.N. [Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska]), I encourage you to join a MINI club (or three) in your area. If you don't have one, form one! MINI5280 helped Jim form C.O.R.N. There are many resources available on NAM. Also, involve your club with other clubs. It's a fun way to meet other MINI people throughout the year, then your clubs can make the trip together to the next MITM!
Rick

Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 AM
chilimac
4th Gear
THANK YOU

I huge thanks to Jonathan, Rick and everybody else behind the scenes to make MITM such a great time. Also thank you to all the vendors and our local guru Randy Webb. Our new MINI is supporting the usual Randy upgrades now, the pulley and the Webb intake.

It was a wonderful time and we will be back!!!

PS I will be the only one doing the Mt Evans drive tough, Libi and no guard rail does not mix very well.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Vinny_MINI
2nd Gear
Chiming In

This was our first Mini event. Still have temp tags!! My wife, Bev, and I couldn't believe the diversity of the group -- yet we could sit down with ANY ONE of you and kick up a conversation like we were old friends.

Is it next year yet??

Old 08-14-2007, 07:43 PM
RMINIS
1st Gear
Thanks for a great event

We certainly enjoyed our time at MITM. This was also our first National event and the crew did a wonderful job, was really nice to talk to all the vendors and really appreciate the effort that all of them made to come to Copper Mtn. We did not participate in any of the organized rides, but did see quite a number of cars on our way back to Pikes Peak. Probably should have held-on to the convertable one more week!

Thanks again to all who pulled this off.

Looking forward to next year.

Robb and Gaylene Urie
Woodland Park, CO

Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
BLUCOOPR
6th Gear
AMEN!!! from the Carolina boys! Great job by every one!!!! See ya next year Lord willing! Luke Prez, Mini Motoring Club of Carolinas

Old 08-15-2007, 05:58 AM
nescooter
2nd Gear
Thank you!

Blue and I had a great time!! This was my first MINI trip and I am looking forward to many more.

Everyone was very helpful as well as friendly & the MINIs were true eye candy.

Thank you for a great vacation......now, back to work to pay off the mods.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:00 AM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
Ditto to Luke's post. It was a great time and a very well organized event!!
Art

Old 08-15-2007, 06:36 AM
minimae
2nd Gear
MITM

We thank everyone involved who made our first and not last MITM our best vacation of the summer. Next year we plan on extending our time in the mountains. Coming back home to Oklahoma @ 102 degrees was not easy.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Luke, could you please send me your address... I have a GREAT photo that I took of you ( I'm sending one to Jenny too)!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 AM
bigfun04
4th Gear
Thanks to all the MITM event people. Had a great time in CO. Motor On, Dan

Old 08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Prima Car Care
Banned
BIG thanks, as always, to Jonathan, Rick, Mark, Sam and the rest of the wonderful cast of MITM players! You really have no idea how above and beyond you treat us as vendors/sponsors. It is truly appreciated in so many ways.

Thanks to all who stopped by the DP car wash area! It was great seeing you all there and meeting so many of you in person- some for a second or third time and others for the first time. Plus, it's always good to see clean MINIs too!

Finn asked me to add that he really enjoyed the pats and rubs from all who visited him. He's also glad that he and Max had a chance to "sniff and make-up" too.

See you all next year at MITM3!!

-Heather

Old 08-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Daisys
Neutral
Thanks

I had a wonderful time, especially since I didn't get a ticket this year. Everyone did a fantastic job - Mini5280 group, Copper Village, vendors, etc.
I really enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends.
Thanks to everyone. I look forward to seeing all again next year.

Daisy and the Corgis

Attached Thumbnails MITM ~ The THANK YOU Thread-daisy_2006.jpg  
Old 08-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Johnna
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks to All

Thanks to all the folks who organized this better than ever event and thanks to the sponsor/vendors who came to share their goodies with us.

My daughter Lily and I had a terrific time!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:31 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanted to add my thank you's to all the event coordinators. I especially want to thank Jonathan for putting me into contact with Shelly at Ralph Schomp MINI and Tom at Crestone Collision, not just for being really kind people, but for going out of there way to get my MINI fixed after my little incident on my way to MITM2.

Thanks Mark and Sam for your friendship--hanging out with you guys is always the highlight of these events for me!

Also want to thank Nick and Heather for putting up with me the week prior to MITM and introducing me to Denver.

Thanks Chuck (Minimaybee) for being the only one that actually did my scavenger hunt!

And finally a big thanks to all my "fans" that participated in my tech sessions, came by to say hello, and Jodean for sharing my vendor table with me to keep me from feeling like a loner.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Bullet2006
2nd Gear
Another thanks to all! I am a first timer to this event and throughly enjoyed it! We straighten a few corners, drank a few (Maybe more than a few) good beers and met lots of new people! Look forward to coming in 08.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Thank you for all the new people that I was able to meet...
Thank you for the people that I got a chance to spend time with again....
Thank you to Jonathan, Rick, Shannon & all of the volunteers & their hard work.... like Vinny MINI said, even with the diversity of the group, there was never a problem "feeling at home" with anyone!!!!
Thanks to all the vendors for sharing our beautiful state!!

Old 08-15-2007, 05:16 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Thank you as well for having my employees out there. They had a wonderful time and are begging me to do it again next year! Great event!

Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 PM
gtshnzr
3rd Gear
Jonathan (and all of the other 5280'ers) thank you for another fun year. My wife and I are now "discussing" who gets to go back to MITM next year with daughter #1 in Golden and who gets stuck taking daughter #2 to college in relatively flat Northern Iowa.

BTW, the MINI must have had fun. Managed to shred the rear tires down to the wear bars someplace, so we get some new skins. Woo hoo!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Black Beauty
1st Gear
Beautiful Weather, colorful MINIS, insane people. Who could ask for more.... Great time. Didn't even mind the drive of 1000 miles each way.

Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay

Tigs & Mike

Quick Reply: MITM ~ The THANK YOU Thread