1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need veteran mini owner help ASAP. Who has a high level email contact at miniusa?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:50 AM
miniconvert
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need veteran mini owner help ASAP. Who has a high level email contact at miniusa?

I am having trouble with a dealership (for now un-named) who will not return my deposit. We ordered two cars. one is my gf's and we already took delivery. We found out there was paint work on this car because of a scratch during transit.

Unfortunately my gf was in a car accident after 1 week of ownership. she is ok, the car is not totaled. but I decided to cancel my order since i need to now help her with deductible/other accident related expenses.

My order should arrive this thursday. The salesman and the mgr is saying they cannot refund my $1k deposit.

Its the principal in the matter that is making me angry. They offered to cancel the 1st car since it wasnt mint on delivery but we said no big deal and took it.

Now they are being very difficult with my order.

I need to email someone at Mini USA to explain this and see if I have any shot of getting my deposit back. What a nightmare!

Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:57 AM
ChrisW
6th Gear
1-866-275-6464 and you can talk to someone at Mini USA

Old 11-28-2006, 11:19 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Check over the paperwork you signed when you made the deposit, did it state if it was not refundable? Also check your state's laws about it (this may override any paperwork you have signed).

Other resources, Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau.

Best of luck