1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 38 (Sept 18, 2006) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately, the way he worded it sounded like he had some neat method or knew of someone that had an in on shipping info.

I just spoke with the manager of my NY mini dealer. He said that if he had to take a guess, my mini is already on a ship. He said that there are windows for viewing this sort of thing once it reaches the port. He also told me that WW shipline is going to be line that will have my mini barring something really odd happening. He said that ocean shipping companies are working less and less with the dealers and mini in general in terms of communication. There is a notice that can say it is at sea, when that appears it normally means that it is at the dock in NY! When it says loaded up, it only does so when they look for it at a specific time! Look for it later and it wont say anything besides waiting at port!

I spoke to the manager in a manager to manager conversation (I have a business). It does seem like there are no smoke and mirrors as I might have suggested. I would think that only mini in UK knows about it. I have one piece of interesting info for detailing forum at the port inspection place too.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:15 PM
namvet66
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets try again

El_Jefe & WyNG,

If you go first to Production Week 37 and read post #326 you will can read it for yourself.

Now go to the site referenced and track by Auto Cargo, enter your cargo ID (Vin #) click on track, if your car is assigned a ship it will show up by Vin and tell you booking number, ship name, and status of ship.

El_Jefe I am sorry if I sounded annoyed but you came off like "yea, right buddy", and its not how much you read but how absorb what you read, right?

Let me know if you have any success with this.

Sorry again for being short with you earlier and wixh you nothing but happy motoring.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:22 PM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
ahh...

well that's ok. good to be good relations!

see, what we were saying was that if the VIN is NOT SHOWING UP then what? Many people have no vin showing yet the WW company is delivering the items anyways! It looked as if you knew of a method for knowing the aloted ship for the vehicle, as if something was pre-set for shipping and such. Such a system seems most logical yet completely illusive and obfuscated!

I dont have my VIN matching anything. Doesnt look like I will for the rest of the voyage!

Happy motoring to you too!

Old 09-23-2006, 03:44 PM
namvet66
4th Gear
El_Jefe,

When are you supposed to get your Mini? Is this your 1st Mini?

This is our first Mini, we are 60+ year old Sr. citizens excited about our new mini coming.

Mine is scheduled for delivery 8 weeks after our order date of 9-4-06. However it looks like we may get it in 6 ( +-) weeks. The sooner the better.

Have a great week end and maybe we will cross paths somewhere down the road.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:52 PM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
Yes indeed, this is my first mini First new car too Im 31. You guys have some on me!

I ordered on August 12th. Yeah. Long long long wait.... zzzz.... people passing my car left and right who orded 2-3 weeks later. It wasnt a matter of the whole vacation that mini factories took either. It was some odd deal the mini dealer had with the alotment. not a deal in my favor !

6 weeks would be peachy keen for me. I would be waxing/detailing it right now if that were the case!

I live 50 minute drive to the port remember, which is about 30 something air miles away. I should be getting it yesterday but now I wait for 2+ weeks from now.

I do hope our paths cross but our cars do not! I tend to look both ways at all intersections.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:03 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
One thing to remember when searching the WW site is not al vehicles will be found on it. The other shipping lines used to carry our cars (especially West Coast bound) do not use this method. When sharing info on how to find your MINI it would be fair to remind newbies of this fact.. the actual info is IF your car is being shipped by WW you can look up your VIN here... if you don't find it that doesn't mean you're not on a ship, you're just not going with this company. It aggravating though when we can't find our numbers and become suspect of every other MINI owner... I finally found out my MINI (ordered 7/23-completed 9/12) is actually shipped out as of 9/18 and due in port 10/10... yet no one knew a thing besides he's at the docks until yesterday a full 5days after drifting away.... my VIN will never show up on that site but he's still on his way.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:50 PM
namvet66
4th Gear
Thanks eenieMini this shed a better light on why some can find their cars and others cannot.

I thought that I was in the TWILIGHT ZONE for awhile.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:13 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by namvet66
Thanks eenieMini this shed a better light on why some can find their cars and others cannot.

I thought that I was in the TWILIGHT ZONE for awhile.
It certainly scares a lot of us! The idea that only ONE of the shippers has a option to find by VIN gets lost in the excitement by those who's VINs are found... Wouldn't it be nice that we can all find our cars on the ships.. but alas that is why we have the aforementioned "mystery" ships.
I'm just happy I was able to match some dates and statements that pretty much 98% sure gave me a name to my carriage... Pegasus Leader.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:48 AM
psb
3rd Gear
i hope i get on a boat in the next couple of days.... and thanks for all of the info namvet66 and everyones else... it makes the wait a bit more fun being distracted by pointless self consuming tracking

Old 09-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
Well, OL is showing that we are awaiting transit...That matches what the ASK-MINI people say. ASK-MINI told us that we were on our way to the boat and then headed to South Carolina as well. NAMVE66 I think our Mini's will be on the same ship. Unfortunatly when I track by VIN i'm not getting any results yet! So, for now i'll live vicariously through your tracking info!

Old 09-24-2006, 02:47 PM
running4amini
1st Gear
Hoping I am on the Maersk Wind

I was a little lost earlier today and confused about my production week but I am now on the correct thread. My car like PSB was done on the 19th!!! I am hoping since the Maersk Wind is bound for SC that I will be on that boat, but sadly I was not on the Booking List, but I could also be on a different company's ship too.... Oh well I can be patient just a little longer. :impatient

Old 09-24-2006, 03:23 PM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
what is the booking number for Maersk Wind?

Old 09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
running4amini
1st Gear
Maersk Wind

Originally Posted by El_Jefe
what is the booking number for Maersk Wind?
GBSOU468412

Old 09-24-2006, 04:26 PM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
this isnt going to NYC first is it?

What is the next boat to NYC?

Old 09-24-2006, 05:33 PM
StuandJoy
1st Gear
I didnt make the wind either. Poo!!

Old 09-24-2006, 09:07 PM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
Yeah, wind sux. No stopping in NYC it seems. If it is, doesnt have my car.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:56 AM
namvet66
4th Gear
I checked this morning and my Mini was loaded onboard this AM.

I checked the list of Vin #s, looks like they have added about 15 to 20 vin #s since yesterday.

Maersk Wind scheduled to leave Southhampton today with a 10 day voyage to SC, ETA 10/4/06.

Hope some you folks are on the list.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 AM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
Vessel: MANON

Voyage: EA638-MAN

That's the ship and voyage thing. I am booked to be picked up on the 26th, which is very soon as it is noon NY time now, so that means around 6pm their time. Do they only get loaded at certain times or is around the clock?

Due in NYC at 10/4. My car stayed at the terminal for a solid week. That sucks. I am pissed. What a bs process of getting delayed and lied to. They KNEW my car was comming that week in august because of alotment, I could have gone to another dealer and it would have been faster. That is such bs. I figured it all out now.

the booking number is: GBSOU454725

Old 09-25-2006, 09:20 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
congrats namvet66 and el jefe! your minis are inching closer!

el jefe -- deep breaths, deep breaths... waiting is no fun, but just think about how much fun it will be to drive once it gets here.

according to "the voice" on Ask Mini, Grover is supposed to be finished with production today... think I'll wait till this afternoon to speak to a "real voice" and see if they have any more accurate information

then it is on to the docks to thumb a ride.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:15 AM
bracky
1st Gear
Ordered mine 8/25 and am sailing on the Manon. Not much longer now.

Here is a picture of the Manon.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:20 AM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
Thank you

It will be fun to drive so long as it is not cold and disgusting out. then I dont care what car it is, they are all the same at that point in driving misery of crudy weather. I want to get 2 sessions of claybar and wax befor Christmastime. Maybe three if I find a warmer day in December to do it again.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
Mini has sailed!

Well, just checked WW website again! Gus has set sail across the pond! He is riding with Namvet66's MINI. I'm told they are tearing up the ship and hitting the buffett together! He should be in to port on 10/04/2006.

I thought the wait would get harder at this point but it is actually a little easier! I have a road trip home to Michigan Oct. 20 and it sounds like Gus will be here in time!!!!

[Sorry about the over use of smilies]

Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 AM
El_Jefe
Alliance Member
gus has set sailed on what

Old 09-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by El_Jefe
gus has set sailed on what
Sorry, he set sail on the Mersk Wind, callsign S6TY.

Left port of South Hampton headed for Charleston, SC.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:18 PM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
good news Bosevii501! I hope Gus makes it to you in time for your road trip.

well, i was hoping Grover would be complete today... that's what the "automated voice said", but according to the live person he's getting his Grover blue paint and black top today... that's right... he's in the paint shop. paint is good though.

of course, who knows how accurate any of this info is, although I suppose they are scanning the VIN at different parts of the journey, so it should be somewhat accurate.

Even though he was only started on the 18th... I was hoping he'd be done today. Maybe he'll be out by the end of the week... that just probably means he won't hop on a ship for at least another week.

Quick Reply: Production Week 38 (Sept 18, 2006) Support Group