1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 38 (Sept 18, 2006) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:54 AM
revmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to my MA all 06 MINIs come with chrome tips, both MC and MCS. That is an option that you don't need to pay for it because they already have it, it is more of a retro fit kit according to my MA

Old 10-09-2006, 07:26 AM
aiiee
3rd Gear
Anyone that is scheduled for delivery on the 10th ( tomorrow!) get confirmation from their dealer yet? I'm just killing time until 11AM when my MA gets into work

Old 10-09-2006, 07:40 AM
namvet66
4th Gear
No I have not talked to my MA about delivery on the 10th. After you speak to your MA would you update us on the delivery status? Please, Thank you

Old 10-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by revmini
According to my MA all 06 MINIs come with chrome tips, both MC and MCS. That is an option that you don't need to pay for it because they already have it, it is more of a retro fit kit according to my MA
Why would the MINI website offer that add on for 125 bucks if they come with it on BOTH the MC and MCS???? The only thing I can think of is that your dealer as a perk is throwing it in for free for you...In fact, my MA waved the install fee on the chrome exhaust becuase we bought so many options...So, if the MC and MCS came with it she would have said "don't spend the 125 bucks on that becuase its included".... And again, why would www.miniusa.com offer it as an add if it already had it?

I'm confused!

Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
Exhaust - Figured it out

OK, I did some google image searching and figured it out. I remembered once I saw this picture what the regular exhaust looks like and why we went with chrome.

Here is the regular exhaust:

Here is the chrome exhaust:

I was really perplexed for a minute there!

Old 10-09-2006, 08:37 AM
revmini
2nd Gear
I said the exact same thing. It didn't make any sense to me either, just what I was told. Because when I brought in my configuration off the net, I was told I didn't need the chrome. Why they have it as an option if it is included, I don't know. I haven't recieved my MINI yet so maybe mine won't have chrome on it. I will have to see. I highly doubt my dealer is throwing it in as a perk. I will be happy to get anything extra when I leave Motorwerks, MN.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:49 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
my dealer has a "dealer Package" that they throw on every car that is on the lot and not on order for a customer. One of the items in the package is the Chrome Exhaust tip and they charge for it... don't remember what. at one point i was going to buy a Mini off the lot and was trying to negotiate on price and they said... we can remove this, this and this to decrease the price and they were all things from the package. Other things they put in there are floor mats, boot mats, stubby antenna, and the aux. input (this one I don't imagine they would remove for someone just walking onto the lot).

the exhaust tips do look good, but of course, i don't have anything to compare it to beside the pic posted in this thread because all the cars on my dealer's lot have them installed already. I also think the stubby antenna and the rubber floor mats look nice.

when will car manufacturers/dealers just automatically put floor mats in a car? i mean thesea re $20k plus cars!

I like the rubber mats, but wondering if they are going to be a pain to keep clean. what are others buying?

Old 10-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mini_dreams
my dealer has a "dealer Package" that they throw on every car that is on the lot and not on order for a customer. One of the items in the package is the Chrome Exhaust tip and they charge for it... don't remember what. at one point i was going to buy a Mini off the lot and was trying to negotiate on price and they said... we can remove this, this and this to decrease the price and they were all things from the package. Other things they put in there are floor mats, boot mats, stubby antenna, and the aux. input (this one I don't imagine they would remove for someone just walking onto the lot).

the exhaust tips do look good, but of course, i don't have anything to compare it to beside the pic posted in this thread because all the cars on my dealer's lot have them installed already. I also think the stubby antenna and the rubber floor mats look nice.

when will car manufacturers/dealers just automatically put floor mats in a car? i mean thesea re $20k plus cars!

I like the rubber mats, but wondering if they are going to be a pain to keep clean. what are others buying?
Not to make others jealous but our MA (dealership really) thew in all four rubber or carpet (we could choose) Cooper or S floormats. We choose when we pick up the MINI. We are going with the S Rubber mats! Also, we talked our MA into throwing in the rubber boot mat as well. All of this was free to us!

Old 10-09-2006, 09:10 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
rear window washer fluid...

hey all week 38ers... just in case you didn't read this other thread, i'm posting it here. there's been a lot of talk about the rear window washer fluid and I think the cosmoline that comes from the factory leaking on the paint and causing stains that don't come out. this thread talks about a fix:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=80109

I'm imagining talking about this with my dealer and them not wanting to do anything about it, but i'm going to bring it up anyway. at least they will know from the get-go that I'm studying about these things.

This fix maybe just fixes the window washer fluid leak... possibly not the cosmoline leak... or maybe they're the same.

Related topic... did anyone else read somewhere that people are having dealers drain the window washer fluid in the front tanks to be replaced with something you buy from an auto parts store? i don't remember where I saw that, but it sounds like the fluid from the factory is also leaking and causing stains. This seems ridiculous. Sorry if this is inaccurate. I'll try to find where i read this and update.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:16 AM
aiiee
3rd Gear
For namvet66 and any others who may be wondering: My MA said the car could show up today, or tomorrow! I scheduled pickup on Thursday just to be sure the car was there and I had to work around my clear bra installers schedule. I also asked him about the report from others that the AUX input came already installed in the car, as was reported by someone on the week 36 thread. MA says absolutely not. What he thinks happened is that somebody got a dealer 'specially' prepped car as described above by mini-dreams. Not all dealers do this, and apparently mine is one who doesn't .... Nevertheless I am very anxious to get my hands on my car and put all the waiting and imaginary uncertainty behind me. I hope you all get your cars soon too.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
congrats aiiee...

i think this report: I also asked him about the report from others that the AUX input came already installed in the car, as was reported by someone on the week 36 thread

was referring to owners who spec'd the HK Sound System. someone is saying that the HK comes with an Aux Input in the glove box. don't know if that's true or not.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
congrats aiiee...

i think this report: I also asked him about the report from others that the AUX input came already installed in the car, as was reported by someone on the week 36 thread

was referring to owners who spec'd the HK Sound System. someone is saying that the HK comes with an Aux Input in the glove box. don't know if that's true or not.
We got the H/K and we could add on the AUX input but it was going to be done at the dealer. I opted to isntall it myself so I'm getting the cable kit but they arn't installing it. Yes, our dealer installs it in the glovebox.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
hey all week 38ers... just in case you didn't read this other thread, i'm posting it here. there's been a lot of talk about the rear window washer fluid and I think the cosmoline that comes from the factory leaking on the paint and causing stains that don't come out. this thread talks about a fix:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=80109

I'm imagining talking about this with my dealer and them not wanting to do anything about it, but i'm going to bring it up anyway. at least they will know from the get-go that I'm studying about these things.

This fix maybe just fixes the window washer fluid leak... possibly not the cosmoline leak... or maybe they're the same.

Related topic... did anyone else read somewhere that people are having dealers drain the window washer fluid in the front tanks to be replaced with something you buy from an auto parts store? i don't remember where I saw that, but it sounds like the fluid from the factory is also leaking and causing stains. This seems ridiculous. Sorry if this is inaccurate. I'll try to find where i read this and update.
Now I'm worried about our finish!?!?!?! I guess I'll ask my MA if this is something they are aware of and doing something to prevent it! From what I read its that cosmoline stuff not actually the fluid...So, it sounds like wash the MINI right away, get a good thick coat of wax on by the nozzles and it should be fine...I hope...Ahhghghghgh!

Old 10-09-2006, 09:53 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
congrats aiiee...

Well, my wife's '06 MCSC with the HK stereo did not come with the AUX input, but hers has an April 2006 build date, and I thought I read that the factory-installed AUX inputs (if such a thing truly exists) didn't begin until the August- or September-built cars.

My MCSC w/HK should be here no later than the 20th, so I'll check when I pick up the car.

Scott

Old 10-09-2006, 01:10 PM
namvet66
4th Gear
Well I spoke with me MA and he said that their dealership in the past has always had two days to the ewstimated delivery date shown on Ask Mini.

That be the case instead of delivery on 10/10 it would be 10/12, but I may still get it this Friday, lets hope.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:45 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
Integrity update!

The Integrity finally updated its position on SailWX! We're in the middle of the Atlantic! Let's hope it keeps updating.

I'm still assuming Grover is on there... my OL hasn't updated to "En Route," but the WW site still shows it as "Loaded on Vessel" with the Integrity. When I missed the Liberty, it changed to a booking on the Integrity the next day.

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 38 (Sept 18, 2006) Support Group-integrity.jpg  
Old 10-10-2006, 08:35 AM
aiiee
3rd Gear
The Integrity finally updated its position on SailWX! We're in the middle of the Atlantic! Let's hope it keeps updating.

I'm still assuming Grover is on there... my OL hasn't updated to "En Route," but the WW site still shows it as "Loaded on Vessel" with the Integrity. When I missed the Liberty, it changed to a booking on the Integrity the next day.

Your car is on the Integrity if the WW site says it is. The OL is about 3-5 days behind real time.

Enjoy these few days, it gets worse before you get to the dealer

Old 10-10-2006, 09:24 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
Originally Posted by aiiee
Your car is on the Integrity if the WW site says it is. The OL is about 3-5 days behind real time.

Enjoy these few days, it gets worse before you get to the dealer

thanks aiiee... i just emailed an MA at the dealer about detailing products and he confirmed i'm on the Integrity, too!

this is a hard wait! when is yours due in?

Old 10-10-2006, 09:37 AM
aiiee
3rd Gear
thanks aiiee... i just emailed an MA at the dealer about detailing products and he confirmed i'm on the Integrity, too!

this is a hard wait! when is yours due in?
Today

Old 10-10-2006, 06:40 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by namvet66
CONGRATs on your WA and the arrival of your Mini. My mini was right behind yoiu on the Maersk Wind.
Just saw that the Maersk Wind has gone through the Panama...

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 38 (Sept 18, 2006) Support Group-maerskwind.jpg  
Old 10-10-2006, 06:46 PM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
Originally Posted by aiiee
Today
that's right... you mentioned that yesterday... any spy photos yet since you're not picking up till Thursday?

Old 10-10-2006, 06:59 PM
aiiee
3rd Gear
that's right... you mentioned that yesterday... any spy photos yet since you're not picking up till Thursday?
No, no spy photos . According to the MA , the car hadn't shown up as of 4pm so I'm not sure where things are at. I had to bump delivery back to Friday to accomodate changes in my schedule, so someone else from wk 38 may be first in!!! If so, I agree with you mini-dreams, spy photos are expected

Old 10-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Bosevii501
3rd Gear
Almost...Almost

We went and met with our MA last night...We had our current car valued for trade-in and talked about the final stages of this darn wait! The trade-in value wasn't as good as we were hoping for but they are going to wholesale the car so I wasn't too surprised. But, they offered us enough to not be a deal breaker and since we've been trying to sell it on our own with no interest we just decided to do it the easier way!

As far as dealer prep...She told us it all depends on what time it arrives, and how many cars come off the truck for that dealership. She said usually in best case situations it is only about four hours until they get it ready. We are having the security system installed which I think should be somewhat intense. But, these people install them every day so I'm sure they've got it down to an art!

Anyway, Gus comes in on Friday the 13th if all goes as planned (good thing we're not superstitious). We should be picking him up on Saturday with any luck!

Sorry for the long post! Just wanted to give people an idea of what my MA said for dealer prep time.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:56 AM
bracky
1st Gear
Checked the owners lounge today and my estimated delivery dated had changed to today!! I've already spoken to my MA and told her to call me the moment it is ready and I'll immediatly take off work to close the deal!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:09 AM
namvet66
4th Gear
The last word I got was from my MA who said he would call when Goliath comes in.

He did however ask me if I wanted to pick Goliath up Friday 10/13...so who knows.

Quick Reply: Production Week 38 (Sept 18, 2006) Support Group