1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:12 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO, I didn't say "the pleasure was all mine"... you see it was a struggle between "what" he said (definitely not a pleasure to hear no progress) and "how" he said it (he couldn't have been more kind or attentive...).

I am now vowing to not call Ask MINI again until at least next time...

Old 08-28-2006, 02:22 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Soooo, I just called again. Jeremy. He was not as helpful as some but he still gave me good news! I am going into production this week!! Woooohoooo. Good stuff! Keep it coming.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:25 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Dripping with envy... I'm very happy for you though!

Old 08-28-2006, 02:35 PM
limster
2nd Gear
How do you guys know about the boats going out on the 4th or the 11th? Another question I have is how do you find out where in the production line our cars are in? One member was able to describe how his car was in the assembly line one day and how the following day it was in the paint shop.

TIA

Old 08-28-2006, 02:57 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Yeah, what's up with that? Sheeesh!

Old 08-28-2006, 02:59 PM
ukhan24
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by limster
How do you guys know about the boats going out on the 4th or the 11th? Another question I have is how do you find out where in the production line our cars are in? One member was able to describe how his car was in the assembly line one day and how the following day it was in the paint shop.

TIA
Read the Thread on "how to track your mini"
its really good information

Old 08-28-2006, 03:23 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear

TIA
I just ask the live person at 866 ask MINI. I ask them for the status number. They don't usually volunteer that info. Some reps will be more helpful than others. Search the forum for production status and the how to track your MINI.

I am excited Kissmys, but they are messing with my preplanned time line. Now I really have to focus on selling my car. It wont be as easy because it's a late model car. I am just a bit nervous about the entire thing. My 330 has been good to me, what if my MCS isn't?

Old 08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
From everything I've read about ex-BMW owners chucking it all for the MINIs of their lives, I think you've nothing to worry about. Once you actually take POSSESSION of it, you'll be grinning forever.

I have a feeling you won't have any problems selling your 330 either. It's a very coveted car to a different target audience than the lesser known MINI jewel and all its hidden qualities. Also, you could get a short term bridge loan from your local bank (or better yet, credit union -- better rates) with the stipulation that you want to pay it down by $10 grand or so in another 30 - 60 days. That would take the heat off of you to sell the 330 with a little more bargaining/breathing time. I think that is what I'm going to do. Otherwise, what if you sell you car too soon to someone who is willing to pay full price but needs it sooner than you can give it up? :impatient

Old 08-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by climbergirl
oooohhh, you may make the sept 4th boat!!! I thought I wasn't supposed to start production until sept 4th. But, when I called yesterday, they told me that I would complete on the 5th. yeah. And Finally, the OL updated from on order to schedule to production. It's way slow! But, I am happy anyway.
I didn't find a Sept 4th sailing to the left coast when I searched. Am I missing something cos it sure would be nice

Old 08-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
How do you guys know about the boats going out on the 4th or the 11th? Another question I have is how do you find out where in the production line our cars are in? One member was able to describe how his car was in the assembly line one day and how the following day it was in the paint shop. TIA
From Doodlez Week 34 post:

"First, you need to obtain your VIN from the Owners Lounge.

Then go to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do. Go here and click on 'Auto Cargo'. Put your VIN in the 'Cargo ID' box. This should show you what boat your MINI is on.

To track the actual ship's voyage go to http://www.sailwx.info/. Use the 'Find ship by name or call sign' under the Ship Tracker menu.

I found all this info on the Track your MINI sticky: https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70301"

I looked on http://schedule.2wglobal.com and entered UK and USA as the countries, then Southampton and Port Hueneme, CA as the ports

Old 08-28-2006, 05:04 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Handy! You guys are so smart. I'm good at dealing with MINI but the boat thing still sorta baffles me. But I'm sure once Clara is on the boat I'll figure out in a hot minute how to keep up!

Old 08-28-2006, 05:07 PM
limster
2nd Gear
It looks like there is a boat leaving Southhampton on 9/11 with a arrival in California on 10/4. I'd expect that the car sit at the VDC for about a week to ten days. A few more days for transport to the dealership. That would put us 3rd to 4th week in Oct. till we take delivery.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
It's been two weeks and I haven't been able to make any configuration changes

And I have vowed not to buy anymore stuff predelivery (well not too much stuff )

So what to do but change her name to Polly (there's a family joke here, but Polly is also one of my favorite characters from Fawlty Towers)

Old 08-28-2006, 05:11 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
I seriously think the wait is part of the ploy. I keep buying so much stuff and making a list of of other mods I want to do!

Old 08-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
I seriously think the wait is part of the ploy. I keep buying so much stuff and making a list of of other mods I want to do!
And you're right around the corner from Dinan - oh the temptation

Old 08-28-2006, 07:45 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
I can't believe

Went to Track My MINI tonight. While I was looking up my production number my status jumped from on order to in production! I now have a VIN for Merlin. So I called ASK MINI for the first time and was told my completion date is September 2nd.
Anyone know what delivery port MINIs headed to Denver, Colorado arrive at?

Old 08-28-2006, 07:49 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
I would guess it would be Port Hueneme...but I'm not 100% sure. It's a lot closer though!

Old 08-29-2006, 10:02 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Okay, okay... I tried to hold out but I HAD to call again today. And...

Status 150! Finally. Sept 6th completion. (estimated of course)

Is there a smile on my face?

Old 08-29-2006, 10:13 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
It looks like there is a boat leaving Southhampton on 9/11 with a arrival in California on 10/4. I'd expect that the car sit at the VDC for about a week to ten days. A few more days for transport to the dealership. That would put us 3rd to 4th week in Oct. till we take delivery.
Rats! Originally when I looked I focues on the 9/18 and saw that a week earlier there was also a boat leaving. So I assume (bad bad me) that there would be on 9/4. But, no.. it 8/30. So, I guess we will all be on MAERSK WAVE 9/11. What sucks about that is that our cars will be stuck in stacked parking. We will be at the back. But, last on boat at departure will mean first off bone on arrival!! yeah, there is our silver lining. I like that they have boats named Tristin and Isolde. I am hoping that since my dealership is only 2 hrs from Pt Huenome that it will take less than 10 days. What date is the offical DOB for our MINI's? Start date of production or completion date? Since our cars were actually started during week 35, does that really make us wk 35?

Old 08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by handn
Okay, okay... I tried to hold out but I HAD to call again today. And...

Status 150! Finally. Sept 6th completion. (estimated of course)

Is there a smile on my face?
Yeah!!!!!!!!!! You complete the day after me.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
So what to do but change her name to Polly (there's a family joke here, but Polly is also one of my favorite characters from Fawlty Towers)
Atleast yours has a name.... when I had originally ordered CR/B, the name came to me quickly. Little Hottie. I was listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers at the time. It was perfect. Then I changed my color to DS/B. My SO wanted to call him (now a he from a she) Trigger. Not a fan of Trigger. I went with Bunky. He veto'ed Bunky. He is going to be born without a name.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:20 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
What date is the offical DOB for our MINI's? Start date of production or completion date? Since our cars were actually started during week 35, does that really make us wk 35?
I'd say completion date. Kinda like babies.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
I still havent come up with a name for my solid PW Mini, i might just wait until it arrives in person and see what pops into my head.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
I went through a list of popular British baby names to come up with Clara

Old 08-29-2006, 11:11 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Called ASK MINI again this morning and he confirmed a completion date of September 1st.

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)