1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake pad tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:26 PM
sweeps
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake pad tool

Hello,
New to site and minis. I got tired of the petrol prices and decided to buy a smaller car but didn't want to scrafice performance. After extensive research I decided to go with the MCS. I have an 05' and fell in love with the thing immediatley. The brake dust from the OEM pads are driving me insane and want to replace the pads. I was on this site earlier today and came across a post talking about the troubles of replacing the rear pads. He had all the right tools but I guess it can still be difficult. Someone replied back with a web site for a retractor that was significantly less than the mini tool. If anyone can let me know of that or any other site that sells them that would be great. I want to replace these pads ASAP. Thanks.

Sweeps
Stuck in Lodi

Old 06-06-2006, 11:48 PM
matma92ser
4th Gear
Harbor Freight Tools sells a brake tool kit for $40 ($20 on sale) that should work perfectly for this.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:52 AM
mistro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would you have the HArbor part # or link? TIA MIchael

Old 06-07-2006, 06:11 AM
mr_edly
3rd Gear
Old 06-12-2006, 12:14 AM
sweeps
1st Gear
Brake Pad Tool/Suspention upgrage

Sorry to get back so late to thank alll you for the reply. Thanks. This will save me some bucks. I hope to do some suspension upgrades and other upgrades in the future. Since I'm new to MCS and still love the performance engine wise I would like to start with the suspension. Are there any ideas or suggestions where I should start. I won't be hitting any tracks but hopefully a lot of backroads. Also I use this car as my main vehicle and commute 70 miles 3 days a week (straght freeway unfortunatlly). Any thoughts or info would be great. I'd also like to meet up with other groups that go for runs and pick their brain for upgrades. Thanks.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:52 AM
polizei
6th Gear
I don't know too much about suspension, but hopefully another person will shime in on this. I personally would go with springs. They lower the car (looks better) and are stiffer, so it will allow the car to handle much better. If you not doing track days or racing of any sort, coilovers are useless, so don't waste your money (unless you want the drop). There are several brands, being the most common are probably ALTA, M7, and Eibach. There are more, I just cannot think of them right now.

-Cody