1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions....Decisions....Decisions..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:03 PM
downsizing
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decisions....Decisions....Decisions..

Hello everyone. Want to say what a great board and a ton of helpful information.

I have been in the market for a new vehicle so I decided to look at the new 06' MCS. I currently drive an 03' A4 that is due up on lease in October but I am approaching over mileage so I have to bite the bullet and pay off the reaming lease and turn it in so I do not go over mileage and have to pay .25 for ever mile over

There is a Mini dealer a few minutes from me in Rochester, MI. I went there to get some payment information as well as a test drive. The test drive was amazing! I had my fiancé with me and she was having a blast in the passenger seat as I whipped around corners in the little beast. I sat down with the salesman and we threw around some numbers which I was very impressed with.

A few days later I e-mailed the salesman and asked if he could set me up with a Mini for an extended test drive. I really wanted to get a feel for the car and see how it would fit in the everyday things I do, and the 10min test drive the week before just did not do it. He was able to get me a MCS, almost exactly what I would be ordering, minus a few options, for a 4 hour test drive. It was great! I was able to get a really good feel for the car. Getting in and out, comfortable with the controls, parking it, and even washing it ;-). Yes I went as far as washing it. Just a quick spray down at the quarter wash. After my 4 hour test drive I went in the following Monday and put my order in!

Its not your 4 door family sedan like my A4 but damn its a blast to drive and after that 4 hour test drive I was addicted. From what the salesman said, the build date is mid March with a delivery date in April. So I hope all goes well from now till then and I get to offcially join this community of Mini owners, I look forward to it.

d0wn$1%1ng

Old 01-25-2006, 09:07 PM
ericsnyder
2nd Gear
Welcome to the Wonderful World of MINI

Downsizing,

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE YOUR MINI. I have owned mine for approximately 3 weeks. Prior to owning my MINI I was a long time VW fan, owning 16 VW's since the age of 16 (now 44).

I traded my 02 Jetta 1.8T with a ABT ground effects kit, in on my 02 MINI due to the crappy service that has continually gone downhill at the dealership where I have been a customer for over ten years. They pissed me off so bad, I just this week also traded my wifes 2000 Passat in on a 03 BMW 325i.

This MINI is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. I ordered OE MINI Ground Effects kit for it which should be here by the end of the week.

I hope that yours arrives soon. And again, welcome.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:43 AM
TheOldMan
4th Gear
Welcome; We got our MCS from Motor City MINI last May and every time I get in it still puts a smile on my face. MCM was pretty good to deal with, just went back before Christmas for my first physical. Got 14,000 on it now and the MINI has been trouble free!

Although I spend most of my time on NAM (more people) there is a fairly active Michigan MINI club as well.

http://michiganmini.com/

There is a 2006 planning meeting this Saturday at Big Buck's, details on the site.

Anyway, congrats on the order.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:47 AM
FLORA BLUE
6th Gear
Why are you debating the issue? After test driving the MINI, I would think that would be the end of the discussion .

I have my second. Still love it, still having lots of fun, still wouldn't trade it for anything else and still wouldn't buy anything else. Mick

Old 01-26-2006, 06:56 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was very smart of you to have an extended test drive. I'm an idiot...I had a ten minute test drive and was hooked in the first 30 seconds! Ordered that day and then had to wait three months for another ride in a MINI. It was torture!! What still freaks me out is that after three years i am still completely enamored with this little car!!

Welcome aboard!!!

Old 01-26-2006, 07:05 AM
MR ECON
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome here! I ordered my MINI the minute I got back from my test drive, which lasted about 30 minutes. I told my wife that those 30 minutes were the most fun I've had in a car since we were dating. After threatening to poke me in the ribs with her finger, she laughed. She's such a good sport.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:07 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Hello Downsizing!

Fellow Michigan owner here with an A4 and a MINI so I understand the appeal of both cars. I bought my first Cooper from Motor City MINI back in 2003 and have loved MINIs ever since.

Congrats on your exciting test drive. Have you officially placed the order?? If so, what are the details?! We like to know color, options, accessories.. everything

Old 01-26-2006, 07:31 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
downsizing,

Welcome to NAM and the world of MINIs.

Earl

Old 01-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Merkursport
4th Gear
Yeah! Congrats and welcome. MCM is a good place and they put up with me for a while when I was deciding. I found a used one and bought it to get some extra equipment, but am still happy about that dealership. I'm coming up on my first service experience out there and will let everyone know how that one goes...but welcome to the club!

Old 01-26-2006, 07:51 PM
downsizing
Neutral
Well Yes I have officially ordered my Mini.

Here are the details:

- '06 MCS
- Dark Silver / Black mirrors and roof
- Premium Package
- Sport Package
- LSD
- Center Arm Rest
- Cockpit Chrono Pack

My previous cars have been a '99 Civic SI, then I traded that in for a '99 S2000 and when the S2000 sat in the garage all winter long I felt it was a waste of money sitting there so I traded it in for the '03 A4. I am very excited about the Mini.

- D

Old 01-26-2006, 08:00 PM
downsizing
Neutral

Here are the details:

- '06 MCS
- Premium Package
- Sport Package
- LSD
- Center Arm Rest
- Cockpit Chrono Pack

My previous cars have been a '99 Civic SI, then I traded that in for a '99 S2000 and when the S2000 sat in the garage all winter long I felt it was a waste of money sitting there so I traded it in for the '03 A4. I am very excited about the Mini.

- D

Old 01-27-2006, 06:07 AM
FLORA BLUE
6th Gear
Good job, the hardest part is over (trying to decide what options you want, colour, fabric, tires....) although some would argue that waiting is the toughest part....Have fun! Mick

Old 01-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Rawhyde
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by downsizing

Here are the details:

- '06 MCS
- Premium Package
- Sport Package
- LSD
- Center Arm Rest
- Cockpit Chrono Pack

- D
Have you considered the heated seats? I live in GA and I love mine. If I was in the frozen north, they'd be a necessity.

DS/B is a good combo!

Rawhyde

Old 01-27-2006, 10:29 PM
TheOldMan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rawhyde
Have you considered the heated seats? I live in GA and I love mine. If I was in the frozen north, they'd be a necessity.

DS/B is a good combo!

Rawhyde
Great advice. One of my favorite options. Also, if your picky, add the rear fog, useless but fills out the toggle bank.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:43 PM
draggonmann
5th Gear
Hey downsizing your MINI sounds great hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine Welcome to the wonderful world of MINI's, MOTOR ON and don't forget to wave at your felow MINIers.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Audi certainly is a nice car - but....nothing handles and is as much FUN as the MINI.... You'll love it - glad you found us here on NAM - great place to pass the time and get support while you wait for your new motoring machine to arrive... Welcome...

Donna

Old 01-27-2006, 11:10 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
i was done after the first test drive, sold my big time modded GTI and went back to the dealership and bought one, and was lucky enough to have one very close to what i wanted.