1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 5 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:19 PM
docjohnboy
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by patgoeglein
Isn't the price put on the car when it gets into port? So all cars arriving in the USA before March don't have the $500?
No, the price is set when the car is wholesaled to the dealer. In my case this is when it exits the VPC.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:07 PM
TSR53
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hong
You will, I have no doubt about that.

Let's see, I browse through our thread (good thing it's not ridiculously long), and got,
  • saakey (MCS/B/S) - 2/23
  • docjohnboy (MCa/BRG/S) - 2/28
  • camtek (?) - early March
  • mini pony (MCSC/orange) - March
  • hong (MCSa/PH/W) - 3/5 (hopefully)
  • patgoeglein (MCSJCW/BRG) - 3/7
  • daemon2 (MCS) - mid March
It's about time
Add me to this list guys!
  • ThompsonR53 (MCS/CR/W, R90s, aero, JCW air, yadda, yadda...), arriving into port of NY on FREEDOM 2/23 - should be picking it up 3/6.

"La Roux" (our little "russetted Red one"...) don't know the exact day it was produced on either 2/3/06 or 2/4 or even the 6th and made it to Southampton on 2/6/06 Mon LATE in the night 11:56pm, just missing the Jingu Maru, then having to wait (what's that ?) until 2/13 to load. So, maybe I'm in week 6, I'll post over there too. Top it off the FREEDOM wasn't on sailtrak (might be due to US gov carrier..? or just not VOS offering) and late by two days due to the storm in the Atlantic according to what WW shows. I hope all is well with this little bugger and received properly on Thursday.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:10 PM
TSR53
5th Gear
Photos are in order. We need to get this week 5 thread pumped up some. Let's see... since all you gearheads are photo nuts, I'll bring my offices' Nikon D70 and my personal Fuji FinePix S5000 when I pick 'er up. This should make for some delightfully crisp photos.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Scooper_06
1st Gear
Who's your sales guy at south bay?

I don't see a week 6 supporting group so you're welcome to hang around here.
Just changed my sig. to a daily status report.
hi,

who did you deal with at south bay?
my friend and I just placed our orders yesterday at south bay and were told they would be ready bet mid May to late June. Does this schedule sound right?
thx.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:18 AM
docjohnboy
3rd Gear
Yay! The Port Charleston vessel schedule just updated to show that Ingolstadt is docked as of 10:15! Toby gets a taste of America today!

Old 02-22-2006, 08:29 AM
hong
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Scooper_06
hi,

my friend and I just placed our orders yesterday at south bay and were told they would be ready bet mid May to late June. Does this schedule sound right?
thx.
Back in last Nov. Brian Misawa of south bay quoted me a Feb. delivery, I was also in talking with salt lake city, Ralph Schomp, couple of others, who gave comparable timeframe. In the end I put a deposit in Nov. Now it slipped into early March, not a big deal though.

The whole process is pretty smooth. I think a May/June delivery sounds about right.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:34 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
hi,

thx.
Talk to Jennifer Osborne. I purchased my MINI from her. She is the Motoring Manager and is the one best able to give you a reliable available build date based on your particular MINI (MC, MCS, MCc, MCSc).

Old 02-22-2006, 08:34 AM
hong
3rd Gear
nice, so we have,
  • saakey (MCS/B/S) - 2/23
  • docjohnboy (MCa/BRG/S) - 2/28
  • camtek (?) - early March
  • mini pony (MCSC/orange) - March
  • hong (MCSa/PH/W) - 3/5 (hopefully)
  • ThompsonR53 (MCS/CR/W) - 3/6
  • patgoeglein (MCSJCW/BRG) - 3/7
  • daemon2 (MCS/HB/B) - mid March

Old 02-22-2006, 10:39 AM
hong
3rd Gear
Just received some packages,

roof racks, look pretty sturdy and well built, need to practice roof drilling skills

bike rack, a nice match to the factory roof, good build quality as well, will see how it functions.

poor man's ipod adaptor.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Scooper_06
1st Gear
Order confirmation

Originally Posted by DiD
Talk to Jennifer Osborne. I purchased my MINI from her. She is the Motoring Manager and is the one best able to give you a reliable available build date based on your particular MINI (MC, MCS, MCc, MCSc).
Hi,

thanks for the info.

another question tho.... did you get a final confirmation of your specs/build before production? my friend is having an anxiety attack since she has had so many changes on her specs from the time it was ordered (apprx 2 weeks ago) to this day. just wondering if south bay sends out a final confirmation before their orders are are built.

thanks again.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Scooper_06
1st Gear
Back in last Nov. Brian Misawa of south bay quoted me a Feb. delivery, I was also in talking with salt lake city, Ralph Schomp, couple of others, who gave comparable timeframe. In the end I put a deposit in Nov. Now it slipped into early March, not a big deal though.

The whole process is pretty smooth. I think a May/June delivery sounds about right.

thanks so much! i will be counting the days.....

Old 02-22-2006, 01:39 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
Just received some packages,

roof racks, look pretty sturdy and well built, need to practice roof drilling skills

bike rack, a nice match to the factory roof, good build quality as well, will see how it functions.

poor man's ipod adaptor.
Lets all fess up and admit what other mods we have waiting in our homes and offices... mine are m7 tower strut brace, under sice strut system, window up, glove box organizer, magnetic vents, bike rack(Dealer intstalled), M7grills, all of them, M7 scoop......someone stop me please take away my paypal

Old 02-22-2006, 01:57 PM
docjohnboy
3rd Gear
Lets all fess up and admit what other mods we have waiting in our homes and offices...
I haven't bought anything yet. Been thinking about getting the windows tinted. Probably could go ahead and get a stubby antenna and an AUX jack. Oh, My dad got me a Support our Troops magnet in green camou because the yellow one I have now will clash :-p

Old 02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
hong
3rd Gear
Lets all fess up and admit what other mods we have waiting in our homes and offices... mine are m7 tower strut brace, under sice strut system, window up, glove box organizer, magnetic vents, bike rack(Dealer intstalled), M7grills, all of them, M7 scoop......someone stop me please take away my paypal
So are you going to drive away from the dealer with all these goodies preinstalled? cool.
I have yet to get a clue on any perf./suspen./brake mods, might put the money to driving classes, will see after some actual motoring.
Parcel shelf is on my list, I saw a picture of having the aux port fixed on it, looks pretty neat. I'm holding the order of rubber mats in hope dealer will throw them for free

Old 02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
jibeho
5th Gear
Originally Posted by docjohnboy
Yay! The Port Charleston vessel schedule just updated to show that Ingolstadt is docked as of 10:15! Toby gets a taste of America today!
Where is the link to this info. I will be watching for the Freedom next week in Charleston.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:30 PM
hong
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jibeho
Where is the link to this info. I will be watching for the Freedom next week in Charleston.
http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp
Port of Hueneme's website sucks

Old 02-22-2006, 06:37 PM
hong
3rd Gear
Hi,

thanks for the info.

another question tho.... did you get a final confirmation of your specs/build before production? my friend is having an anxiety attack since she has had so many changes on her specs from the time it was ordered (apprx 2 weeks ago) to this day. just wondering if south bay sends out a final confirmation before their orders are are built.

thanks again.
In my case, I made couple of changes prior to getting the build number, and one change right before production started, I got no updated confirmations other than some email replies, it worked out ok though. You may have to ask them for it.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:41 PM
daemon2
4th Gear
Hmmm...Is my wife watching?

18" Wheels, Eibach springs, Glove box organizer, stubby antenna and clear protectors for the lights.

I've waxed my wheels twice.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:50 PM
TSR53
5th Gear
The only mods I'm getting are: BBS R90s rims, JCW air intake, aero front only, and the Aux input. for my Palm Tungsten T3 for videos/mp3s. Other than these, I'll whip up some famous Thompson'ized racing graphics ala BMW Motorsport heritage style. Maybe do front mudflaps while I'm at it. My daily commute is like a rallye stage on the Monte.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 PM
docjohnboy
3rd Gear
So Ingolstadt left Charleston last night. Toby should be on his way to or at the VPC now. My MA emailed me and said I could possibly take delivery before the end of the month. I told him I wanted to stick with the March 3 delivery I had previously scheduled because anything sooner would be inconvenient for me. But I also asked if there would be any discount or incentive if I came in before the end of the month. He's checking with his manager

Old 02-23-2006, 02:53 PM
daemon2
4th Gear
C'MON, lets see lets see...

Originally Posted by saakey
well my lil saakey has reached the dealer...and i'll be picking her up on thursday evening!
Looks like we are depeding on you for the first pics of a happy Prod week 5 driver.

I suppose you may be too busy with the car to post right away.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:01 PM
bluzeke
4th Gear
poor saakey

. . . just in touch with him . . . his evil co-worker (a.k.a. "his ride to the MINI dealership") is in no hurry to leave work. Time to kill him and borrow the keys!

Old 02-23-2006, 05:05 PM
hong
3rd Gear
I image saakey is too much in a loss of words right now to type anything here. It's dark outside already, should we expect some kick-*** underexposure shots of his black beauty anytime soon?

Old 02-23-2006, 05:22 PM
hong
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by daemon2
18" Wheels, Eibach springs, Glove box organizer, stubby antenna and clear protectors for the lights.

I've waxed my wheels twice.
lol, I have tried many times to put bike rack over roof rack, and attempted to fit my bikes in, not an easy job without the genuine mini roof.

Old 02-23-2006, 05:29 PM
hong
3rd Gear
For those who're considering a parcel shelf, here is the price I got from Classic Mini (before %20 NAM discount). I skipped the overpriced rubber mat.

Parcel Shelf, part no. 51 16 1 186 417 $38.5
Blind Plate, 51 45 7 072 009 $2.55
Nut Clips, 07 13 1 472 727 $0.35
Black Bolts, 51 41 0 141 057 $0.19

Quick Reply: Production Week 5 Support Group