North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   1st Gear (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear-114/)
-   -   Production Week 5 Support Group (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear/58925-production-week-5-support-group.html)

docjohnboy 01-13-2006 10:30 AM

Production Week 5 Support Group

Called ASK-MINI today and spoke with a customer rep. He told me my MINI Cooper is scheduled to be build in week 5 of the year.

Of course I'll keep calling to listen to the automated system say "Your vehicle is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date."

:)

hong 01-13-2006 01:44 PM

Put a deposit with south bay mini mid Nov. Got the production number in the end of Dec. Was just told it's scheduled for production week 5. Does that mean I'll be too late to beat the $500 price jump :mad:?

06 MCSa Purple haze/White, Cold weather/Convenience/Preminum/Sport package w/17' web spokes.

docjohnboy 01-20-2006 02:22 PM

Since you are in CA you probably will be charged the $500 increase. From what I've read it depends on when your MINI is unloaded in the states.

I called ASK-MINI again today and was told that I'm scheduled for week 5 still which means my MINI should start production next week :) hopefully I'll have a VIN by Wednesday.

jibeho 01-20-2006 02:30 PM

I don't see how you can be charged for an increase after you have an order in. Never heard of such a thing. I can see losing an incentive but paying for an increase that is crazy

saakey 01-23-2006 11:44 AM

I'm hoping this will be my week (#5).... Dealer is saying he thinks this will be my week, but that's not very convincing. So far this waiting game has had me singing the Blues about this whole ordering experience :sad: ... I really need an uplift soon. :nod:

docjohnboy 01-23-2006 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by saakey
I'm hoping this will be my week (#5).... Dealer is saying he thinks this will be my week, but that's not very convincing.

Have you talked to someone at 866-ASK-MINI? That's how I found out mine was scheduled for week 5.

saakey 01-23-2006 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by docjohnboy
Have you talked to someone at 866-ASK-MINI? That's how I found out mine was scheduled for week 5.

no I haven't...is it automated or do you get a live person? Just wondering if i should call from work or not.:wink:

docjohnboy 01-23-2006 01:19 PM

no I haven't...is it automated or do you get a live person? Just wondering if i should call from work or not.:wink:

it's automated at first and you may need to talk to a live person to actually get a week number. The entire system is voice controlled, however if you call and hit 2 it'll take you to the production status menu and then you can put in your order number and then press 1 for order number.

If you talk to a rep though, they usually have more info.

ImaVunDerBrah 01-23-2006 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jibeho
I don't see how you can be charged for an increase after you have an order in. Never heard of such a thing. I can see losing an incentive but paying for an increase that is crazy

Sadly, its based on delivery date, not production date.

Good luck with the wait, guys. I'm a week 4-er and (not so)patiently waiting myself.

:grin:

saakey 01-23-2006 01:54 PM

Can i ask you all what was the date you actually placed your orders? Maybe that would give me an idea where mine might drop.
I can't call ASK MINI from work. I'll have to wait on that.

docjohnboy 01-23-2006 01:57 PM

Can i ask you all what was the date you actually placed your orders? Maybe that would give me an idea where mine might drop.
I can't call ASK MINI from work. I'll have to wait on that.

I ordered 12/28, but your production date depends on what slots the dealer has availible at the time of your order. I was told in the beginning I would have an early February production.

jibeho 01-23-2006 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by ImaVunDerBrah
Sadly, its based on delivery date, not production date.

Good luck with the wait, guys. I'm a week 4-ER and (not so)patiently waiting myself.

:grin:

Doubt that dealer would make may Friends doing business like that. Can you imagine all the bad press that $500 would cost them.

saakey 01-23-2006 05:15 PM

I ordered 12/28, but your production date depends on what slots the dealer has availible at the time of your order. I was told in the beginning I would have an early February production.

WooHoo....looks like i'm actually week 4!!! :grin: ...but what gets me is the Web site - still shows not in production yet :confused: ...but anywho this is the email I got back from Mollie in customer relations:

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your continued correspondence. I am happy to share any information
we have.

Congratulations, it looks like your baby started down the assembly line today!
We estimate that it will be finished on 2/1/2006.

LET'S MOTOR.
Mollie Duncan
MINI Customer Relations and Services
Representative
866.ASK.MINI (275-6464)

:grin: :grin: :grin:

docjohnboy 01-23-2006 06:53 PM

WooHoo....looks like i'm actually week 4!!! ...
We estimate that it will be finished on 2/1/2006.
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Actually since your production date is based on when your MINI will finish production, you are week 5. But congrats!

Also, the website is very slow to update. Best way to get information on your mini is either through a customer service agent at ASK-MINI or your MA. :)

saakey 01-24-2006 10:23 AM

Actually since your production date is based on when your MINI will finish production, you are week 5. But congrats!

Also, the website is very slow to update. Best way to get information on your mini is either through a customer service agent at ASK-MINI or your MA. :)

Ahhh, okay that makes sense then... So i've got one foot in week 4 and the other in week 5 :lol: ...either way, what's important is that it's finally getting started. :thumbsup:

hong 01-25-2006 10:53 AM

in production today

finally things start rolling, it's supposed to get off the assembly line by 2/1 :thumbsup: now it's time to start shopping for accessories :impatient

saakey 01-25-2006 11:04 AM

Nice Hong, it looks like our cars may drop on the same day :thumbsup: ...but seeing how you are in Cali, i bet i get mine sooner :razz: j/k :wink:

and just a follow up I was also told the Web site info runs about 48 hours behind...and mine just appeared their... which is about 48 hours behind :wink:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co..._the_works.jpg

hong 01-25-2006 11:13 AM

the phone system also tells when the production will be done. yeah it's nice to be a mini owner in east coast, just wish I can at least beat the 3/1 price line. guess I'll be checking the freight everyday like crazy.

docjohnboy 01-25-2006 03:01 PM

I just called and my MINI started production today with an estimated completion of Feb 6. I have a VIN! :)

docjohnboy 01-26-2006 12:00 PM

By looking at the Wallenius Wilhelmsen port schedule, I think it's pretty certain my MINI will be on the Freedom:
SOUTHAMPTON 11/02/2006 CHARLESTON,SC 25/02/2006 FREEDOM EB606-FRE 14
I'm still not sure when the sticker price is decided. I hope this is enough to miss the increase. :impatient

mini pony 01-26-2006 08:12 PM

My Mini started production yesterday with a finish day of February 5th!!!:nod: So maybe they will be on the Freedom together on the 11th. Does that ship stop in NY? I think my Mini comes into NY. Maybe it will beat the price increase. It just has to hit the dock before the 1st. They put the window sticker on at the dock and that is where the price is determined. Thats what the dealer told me when I first ordered in December.

docjohnboy 01-26-2006 09:29 PM

Yes, the Freedom is scheduled to port in New York on Feb 19 before continuing to Charleston on the 25th. :)

jibeho 01-28-2006 01:27 PM

In Production, Estimated completion date Feb 7, 2006! :thumbsup:

hong 01-31-2006 10:14 AM

in paint shop now

hurry up!
does anyone know which boat will carry it to the west coast? Is it a direct trip to the LA dock, or a detour via an east coast one, then followed by a truck/train ride?

saakey 01-31-2006 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by hong
hurry up!
does anyone know which boat will carry it to the west coast? Is it a direct trip to the LA dock, or a detour via an east coast one, then followed by a truck/train ride?

I believe hong, that they will drop your car off in NY also, and then proceed to actually drive it the rest of the way... expect about 3500 on your odometer when you get it :lol: ... now wouldn't that just suck :wink: