1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with tracking please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 02:16 AM
elbum0
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with tracking please!

Hey, I have an MCS that is apparently still at the port (been there since like the 16th), and I'm trying to figure out what ship it will be on... I was told that www.kline.com should be able to help me out, but I can not figure out how to use that website for the life of me! Any help is appriciated!

Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 AM
DixieHill
2nd Gear
Did you call 1-866-275-6464 and speak to a human? They may be able to help.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:50 AM
elbum0
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DixieHill
Did you call 1-866-275-6464 and speak to a human? They may be able to help.
They said call the dealer, the dealer said call askmini

Old 12-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Rowan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by elbum0
They said call the dealer, the dealer said call askmini
Oh man, another one of these!

Old 12-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Petite Panda
4th Gear
A similar thing happened to me with last month. I just called my dealer and asked him to find out exactly where my car was. The dealer's have access to this info and at least mine was more than happy to look into it. I found it the next day with his help. Good luck!

Old 12-22-2005, 12:06 PM
banjoez
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
During production your best bet is call ASK-MINI listen to the recorded status and if that doesn't get it talk directly to an associate on the phone. The owners lounge is so far behind it is almost worthless for up-to-date info.

After completion get your VIN number ready, go to the following site, select Auto Cargo and put your VIN number in. It will tell you what vessel, where and when it was loaded as well as how many other MINI's are on the same ship and the ports of destination with arrival and departure dates....

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do

You can then track your ship across the ocean by finding out it's Callsign at this site first:

http://cgmix.uscg.mil/psix/PSIX2/VesselSearch.asp

And then track it's position in the ocean on this site by typing in the Callsign, very cool:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Old 12-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
I'm waiting too...

Originally Posted by elbum0
Hey, I have an MCS that is apparently still at the port (been there since like the 16th), and I'm trying to figure out what ship it will be on... I was told that www.kline.com should be able to help me out, but I can not figure out how to use that website for the life of me! Any help is appriciated!
Mine's been waiting since the 16th too, almost a week now, and both sites banjoez recommended have nothing on my VIN as of this moment. I sympathize with you! I have spoken to a human at ask mini, but all he could tell me was it was "waiting to be released to the carrier"; all my girl at the dealer could tell me was that is was scheduled for production...about as helpful as the Owner's Lounge! Gook luck, I'm right there with you!

Old 12-22-2005, 04:12 PM
elbum0
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by banjoez
During production your best bet is call ASK-MINI listen to the recorded status and if that doesn't get it talk directly to an associate on the phone. The owners lounge is so far behind it is almost worthless for up-to-date info.

After completion get your VIN number ready, go to the following site, select Auto Cargo and put your VIN number in. It will tell you what vessel, where and when it was loaded as well as how many other MINI's are on the same ship and the ports of destination with arrival and departure dates....

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do

You can then track your ship across the ocean by finding out it's Callsign at this site first:

http://cgmix.uscg.mil/psix/PSIX2/VesselSearch.asp

And then track it's position in the ocean on this site by typing in the Callsign, very cool:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml
I've been checking WW regularly since production was completed, and although 2 ships have departed full of MINIs since then, it still says there's no info available.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:29 PM
banjoez
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
California bound MINI's go aboard different ships than us east of the Mississippi due to the Panama Canal. They probably sit longer at the terminal waiting until a shipload is ready for the west coast. Just my guess.