1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production week 49 support thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 11:36 PM
danjmcs
Coordinator :: Dynamic MiNi Collective
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by banjoez
Well, mine was finally discharged off the Courage in Charleston SC yesterday. Kind of strange that my dealer is Classic in NE Ohio and they ship them all the way to SC then truck them back up instead of Baltimore or NY. Must be certain regions are assigned certain VDC's regardless of distance. Anyone else getting their's from Classic in Mentor?
Just so happens i spent the christmas week in Charleston and got a few shots of the Courage as the load was being driven off! I was a little ways down the dock but got a few good shots

A few short bits of video showing a few Minis on their way to the lot and processing Do a "Save Target As" on these links and you should be able to download and view these.

http://www.coopahs.com/courage/MOV01741Lg.mpg

http://www.coopahs.com/courage/MOV01742Lg.mpg

http://www.coopahs.com/courage/MOV01745Lg.mpg

We had lots of "Mini Envy" as you see quite a few of them in Charleston. Definitely happy to be home and back to driving our own!

Dan

Old 12-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Nics
2nd Gear
^^^ way too cool

Old 12-28-2005, 09:18 AM
banjoez
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yzdj
Just so happens i spent the christmas week in Charleston and got a few shots of the Courage as the load was being driven off! I was a little ways down the dock but got a few good shots
Dan,
That is so cool. I spotted a silver cabrio right at the very end of your first movie clip. Who knows, could've been mine. Thanks for the Courage "spy shots" definitely keeping them for my MINI scrapbook.
Joe

Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM
danjmcs
Dan,
That is so cool. I spotted a silver cabrio right at the very end of your first movie clip. Who knows, could've been mine. Thanks for the Courage "spy shots" definitely keeping them for my MINI scrapbook.
Joe
Very welcome We were at the South Carolina Aquarium and its just up the docks from where the Courage was docked and unloading, so figured it was worth a walk to see how far the docks were open to the public Not to mention it was a beautiful day! Almost 70F in Charleston on Christmas day.

Our 05 S came through Charleston as well and I remember thinking how cool it would have been to have some shots of the ship ours came in on, just to have. One more thing some people will just think is weird! hehe.

Dan

Old 12-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Nics
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by yzdj
Very welcome We were at the South Carolina Aquarium and its just up the docks from where the Courage was docked and unloading, so figured it was worth a walk to see how far the docks were open to the public Not to mention it was a beautiful day! Almost 70F in Charleston on Christmas day.

Our 05 S came through Charleston as well and I remember thinking how cool it would have been to have some shots of the ship ours came in on, just to have. One more thing some people will just think is weird! hehe.

Dan
Just wanted to say thanks for the pic/vids.

I'm starting to get.. impatient.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:56 PM
rschumin
1st Gear
OK, so I'm a Week 49 guy who has been lurking for a while. I ordered my car the Saturday after Thanksgiving and picked it up yesterday. Chili red/white MCS, space gray cloth, LSD, multi-function wheel, and center arm rest. It will be a daily driver / autocrosser.

Thanks everyone for the great info on tracking the build and transport of the car.

Ray

Old 12-29-2005, 04:03 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
not fair!

You lucky dog...I'm jealous...that's just not fair! I ordered mine the week BEFORE T-day and Lambchops is still sitting in Eng. "waiting to be released to the carrier". I've been hearing that since Dec. 18! I'm so impatient!

Old 12-29-2005, 05:37 AM
banjoez
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rschumin
OK, so I'm a Week 49 guy who has been lurking for a while. I ordered my car the Saturday after Thanksgiving and picked it up yesterday. Chili red/white MCS, space gray cloth, LSD, multi-function wheel, and center arm rest. It will be a daily driver / autocrosser.

Thanks everyone for the great info on tracking the build and transport of the car.

Ray
Man, that is one of the quickest builds I've heard about, 4 1/2 weeks. Did your dealer have one already coming in that was unspoken for?

Old 12-29-2005, 06:51 AM
Rowan
5th Gear
Had to be, couldn't see it otherwise!

Mine was ordered 4 days before yours and if I don't get it today, I probably won't until early next week :(

Old 12-29-2005, 09:10 AM
rschumin
1st Gear
Did your dealer have one already coming in that was unspoken for?
I think they had an allocation for one and changed it to my specs. I originally inquired about the car in mid October and the salesperson said it could be here by the end of the year. When I finally settled on a Mini (vs an '06 Miata) and went to order it at the end of November she said it will be here by the end of the year!

Ray

Old 12-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Deuce_Coop
2nd Gear
Today my MA told me that they expect to send off 25 new mini owners Fri and Sat. They really are trying to get those last sales in before the end of the year.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:46 PM
danjmcs
Originally Posted by rschumin
I think they had an allocation for one and changed it to my specs. I originally inquired about the car in mid October and the salesperson said it could be here by the end of the year. When I finally settled on a Mini (vs an '06 Miata) and went to order it at the end of November she said it will be here by the end of the year!Ray
Yep, Moritz Mini in Arlington, TX did the same for me and it shortened the delivery window nicely. I placed the order on April 20th and took delivery June 10th, but it was at the dealer on June 3rd. I just couldn't coordinate reasonable airfare that soon once i knew it was on the truck/train from Charleston, so they sent me pics to tide me over hehe.

Dan

Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
hgreensp
1st Gear
Picked up mine on Friday last week. Very good experience with Tate in Annapolis, MD. Installed my XMDirect/Blitzsafe in about 10 minutes when I got home.

Harry
Bethesda, MD
2006 MCS

Old 01-05-2006, 11:28 AM
banjoez
3rd Gear
Mine was delivered to the dealers last night 01-04. Picking up Monday which also happens to be my birthday!! Week 49 build on my 49th birthday, doesn't get any better than that. Sounds like others are starting to see their week 49 builds also. Congrats to all.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Nics
2nd Gear
Picking up Monday which also happens to be my birthday!!
You're gonna love it, and it's worth the wait. I picked mine up last night and it's been a blast to drive. Break-in is killing me though. I can't wait to get past the 4.5.

BTW, Happy birthday!

Edit: I picked mine up from MoritzMINI in Arlington, TX. Totally recommend buying from Chris Lord as he raised the bar on making this an excellent no pressure buying experience, and it was just a bonus that he threw in some goodies for making me wait so long.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:56 AM
banjoez
3rd Gear
Picked mine up yesterday, can't stop driving it. This is truly a special car. How do they get so much fun out of 115 HP?

Old 02-06-2006, 08:16 AM
banjoez
3rd Gear
Well, it's been quiet here so I assume everyone has been too busy enjoying their new rides. Here in the Great Lakes we had an exceptionally mild January so I know I got a lot of driving time in ....anyone else?

Old 02-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Nics
2nd Gear
^^ 1800 miles within the first month!

Old 02-07-2006, 05:13 PM
rschumin
1st Gear
Well, it's been quiet here so I assume everyone has been too busy enjoying their new rides. Here in the Great Lakes we had an exceptionally mild January so I know I got a lot of driving time in ....anyone else?
I have just over 2K miles on mine. I have the harness installed and a set of Slipstreams wrapped in V710's just waiting for autox season to start at the end of the month.

Ray