1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini Owner!! FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Djtyrone
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini Owner!! FINALLY!!!

Hey Everyone..i havent posted for a month or so..mainly because i couldnt bare the fact that i did not have a mini yet...
But that has all changed this weekend..
just bought my first MINI
Its a MCS 02 DS/B..loaded...
I pick it up tomorrow..and im going to be way to excited to sleep tonight..
ill keep everyone posted and ill drop some pics the next time i post..
Thanks for all the Support and Info from everyone who offered it during the process of Vehicle Selection..
Thanks To All!

Old 11-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Johnna
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeeehaaa! ....... and welcome!

Old 11-08-2005, 02:23 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Buying used means, or even off the lot for that matter, you are missing out of half of the fun of having a MINI! Waiting for a VIN asignment. Avoid all the heart ache and agony as you try to find your MINI's progress through the Birth Canal? Couldn't bear the risk of your MINI crossing the pond during hurricane season?

Old 11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
Congrats on MINI ownership! LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buying used means, or even off the lot for that matter, you are missing out of half of the fun of having a MINI! Waiting for a VIN asignment. Avoid all the heart ache and agony as you try to find your MINI's progress through the Birth Canal? Couldn't bear the risk of your MINI crossing the pond during hurricane season?
I can (sort of) agree with that. I was looking forward to ordering our MINI and watching its progress while marking the days on a calender. Allowing the suspense to build while knowing it was getting closer to being mine...

But...

I found our MINI on a dealer's web page and it was almost exactly what I had "built" on the MINI website. Two of the three things that were different from the one I had built really didn't matter to me. The third one was a pretty major difference(I had built mine with a 5 speed-Gromit has the CVT) but now that I have it, I actually prefer it. Kind of a "best of both worlds" thing.

Due to some family medical issues we had to wait forever to actually purchase our MINI, so I was on the website building it almost constantly because that was as close as I could get to having it. To be able to go to the dealer and get it right then just seemed like a miracle. I'm sure I would have enjoyed the "try to find its your MINI's progress through the Birth Canal"(man, that's a unique analogy )-but I am enjoying be able to drive it a heck of a lot more. While some folks are waiting 6-8 weeks for their car, I am spending those 6-8 weeks DRIVING mine-which is better.

Also, just like you, the night before we visited the dealer to look at the car I didn't sleep worth a darn. I was SO close to finally having a MINI and at the same time afraid something wouldn't work out and I wouldn't be able to get it and would have to wait again.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:05 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Joy Fun all the Emotional roller coaster aside.

Bottom line is you Got A MINI. Congrats!

Old 11-09-2005, 10:45 AM
MisterDangerPants
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DrDiff
Buying used means, or even off the lot for that matter, you are missing out of half of the fun of having a MINI!
I respectfully disagree. I recently purchased a 2003 MC with 3300 miles and only paid $18K. That's about $5000 less than what it would have cost brand new. Plus, I didn't have to deal with dealer markups, additional documentation fees, or pushy sales people. The car still looks (and smells) brand new and I think saving saving a bundle of cash was a heck of a lot of fun. I think I'm having just as much fun motoring as a person that purchased new. :smile:

That being said, have fun in your new Mini!

Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wooo Hooo - Congrats!!! Happy Motoring my friend...

Donna