1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:53 PM
RR|Suki
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to the forum

Hello all I'm new to these forums. I currently own a 74' mini fast fast little girl... kinda over tuned though... she's so touchy these days. Either way I'm gonna be buying an 05 MCS in May or June probably conv. (the little lady fell in love with it during the test drive) so I bumped into this forum. So hello to all... pics of the old girl for viewing

Old 02-24-2005, 02:48 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Welcome!

Old 02-24-2005, 04:26 PM
05MCSa
3rd Gear
Ditto to eVal - Welcome!

Nice looking car, and I know you'll love the new MINI!

Old 02-24-2005, 04:33 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
RRsuki,

Aloha and welcome to NAM.
We also have a classic mini forum as well.
Good to hear you may become a two mini owner soon.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:28 PM
morknmini
6th Gear
Good to know a 30 year old car is still in service or, in this case, probably faster than when new. Couldn't help but notice the lush greenery beyond the window. It takes an environment blessed with sun and water and also protected from temperature extremes and drying winds; one that supports plants and nurtures people. Where is it?

Old 02-24-2005, 09:59 PM
RR|Suki
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by morknmini
Good to know a 30 year old car is still in service or, in this case, probably faster than when new. Couldn't help but notice the lush greenery beyond the window. It takes an environment blessed with sun and water and also protected from temperature extremes and drying winds; one that supports plants and nurtures people. Where is it?
Jamaica :-D tiny tiny twisty roads to go way too fast on

Old 02-25-2005, 09:34 AM
morknmini
6th Gear
Jamaica. Neat. Great place for a nimble car. Maybe you can post some on-the-road pics for those of us stuck in the concrete jungle. Best wishes.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:37 AM
macaid
2nd Gear
Welcome Welcome

I love that old Mini! What a beauty. Are you the original owner? How many miles do you have on it? Still on the same engine? Rebuilt or no?

Old 02-25-2005, 10:00 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Welcome to NAM

Nice looking Classic Mini.

Earl

Old 02-25-2005, 10:02 AM
RR|Suki
2nd Gear
My dad was the origional owner... the only miles that are countable are the miles on the body, some other parts maybe... the rest of the car has be modded extensively... the motor is bored out to about it's limit, got a metro block for her and had to put triumph pistons in as minimania couldn't find me other pistons big enough, she's runnin .45 weber carbs, full race cam, head, shaft... and so on, the new ignition is the killer too, with the rev chip boys, love it. she has the straight cut 5 spd. the entire suspention had to be widend a bit cuz she would rock hard at idle, the poor block has real heating troubles which is a given, hence the extra coolers hangin out the front. The stainless manifold she has now is soooo sweet I wish I could just leave the hood off and see her glow from in the cockpit . My dad got me a new exhaust for her last year... cant remember what it's called off hand, but it's a good time, one of the turn up models. It's hard in a third world county cuz either things are 200% the price or you just can't get em, so we deal with what she has, my dad's mechanic from his (and this old girl's) race days is a genious and we've kept her N/A... as far as the outside goes, just flares on the fender, front skirt, fog lamps...oh deep dish 13" need new tires though.... best thing about the old girl is the sound that engine makes and the whine or the gears ...mmmmmmm only down fall is that the cobras I have in her sit up higher than the old seats did it seems... and I'm about 6' so it makes for a nice tight fit, I love her to death though.

Old 02-25-2005, 08:45 PM
atleastitruns
4th Gear
that's a beautiful ori. mini! I love them, they're so cute.

I was just in Jamaica [well, if you can call a resort 'Jamaica'] this past summer. we spent a week there. [actually, I spent 5 days there, as a hurricane and a travel mix-up with the Jamaica Airline delayed me 2 days.] I love it. the climate is perfect. :smile: not to mention I got a nice tan.

welcome!
Janell