1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRX Owner here...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Scoob
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WRX Owner here...

Hello everybody :smile: ,

My name is Mark and currently I'm driving a 2004 Subaru WRX, living in the Boston area. I've been an admirer of the Mini, both classic and new, since I was a young child. For the last few years, I've built up the urge to go out and order an MCS, but I have resisted thus far, mostly because I may be moving back to England within a year. Of course, if I do move, the Mini will be the first thing on my list...

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, so HELLO

-Mark

Old 01-19-2005, 12:04 PM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Welcome to NAM Mark. If you move back to the UK I'm sure you'll look in to MINI because I'm not sure if they sell thw WRX there so service may be a bit hard to get. I lived there 6 years with an american car that was not sold there and found some problems.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:30 PM
sfjames2
6th Gear
Good stuff Mark, I hope your not being kicked out of the states due to tougher immigration laws.

anyway, hope all is well for you and don't forget to let us know when you get your MINI.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:32 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Mark,

Welcome to NAM! :smile:

Originally Posted by sndwave
If you move back to the UK I'm sure you'll look in to MINI because I'm not sure if they sell thw WRX there so service may be a bit hard to get.
The WRX was sold in the U.K. long before it came to the U.S. (both officially and grey market). In addition there have been several special editions of the WRX that the U.K. has gotten that never made it here.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:39 PM
sndwave
Originally Posted by DiD
Mark,

Welcome to NAM! :smile:

The WRX was sold in the U.K. long before it came to the U.S. (both officially and grey market). In addition there have been several special editions of the WRX that the U.K. has gotten that never made it here.
Just remember US and UK spec cars are not the same, even if it is the same name.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:09 PM
05JCWS
6th Gear
I think the UK cars are pretty close to the US parts wise. But the models are considerably different. The stock WRX is pretty close, but the STi is about 40hp lower. And they have some dealer installed kits like those from Prodrive.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:11 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
We have probably sidetracked this thread enough, he's talking about getting a MINI afterall.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:14 PM
sndwave
Originally Posted by dgszweda1
I think the UK cars are pretty close to the US parts wise. But the models are considerably different. The stock WRX is pretty close, but the STi is about 40hp lower. And they have some dealer installed kits like those from Prodrive.
Sorry, I was only speaking from experience from living there with both UK and American cars of the same type.

But I'm sure you must be right.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:15 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Scoob
Hello everybody :smile: ,

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, so HELLO
Mark,
Aloha and welcome to NAM.
Nice to hear from you and hoping for a safe stay/journey for you whether on this or the other side of the pond.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:48 AM
Scoob
Neutral
I've been in the US for about 14 years now (I'm 23) and I moved from England when my parents got transferred for work. They're moving back soon, so is my sister and my soon to be brother-in-law. But anyway, if they're all moving back, I'll move back sooner or later.

Whatever I do, I think the Mini is the next car for me. I've been playing with the car configurator on the Mini site and wow, these things get expensive. My other thought (if I get to the UK) would be to get an older STi, such as a 22b or P5. However, I think I need something more luxurious and not as insane as those cars.

One question I'd like to ask you all is in regards to the Mini Leather. I've heard a few people (either on here or mini2) that say the standard Leatherette is just as good, if not better, than the optional leather. What are everyone's opinions of this?

Also, any particular options that you would recommend?

Thanks for all of your help,

Mark