1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade Jag for Mini

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 11:46 AM
MrsClark
1st Gear
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Trade Jag for Mini

Hi. I currently own an 09 Jaguar XK Conv. and am looking at trading it in for the 21/22 Clubman. Why???? Well, the 09 is getting ready to be really expensive to fix, with a few things like the rear window is getting ready to need to be resealed, the leather dash is pulling up (which is a Jag issue) but mainly because I am about to become a Grandma and I cant get a car seat in the back of the Jag. It will also be easier to tote the dogs around in. My husband has a truck but wouldn't want the baby in there cause he smokes in it. The other reason is because I have a habit of trying to bring home things from Home Depot or Ikea that just shouldn't be squeezed into the Jag. I love my Jag, but things are changing. Maybe later I can pick up a used F-type for fun. Why a Mini? Cause I don't want an SUV that looks like everyone else on road. I love cars. I love to drive. If I am going to get into a car, I better LOVE driving it and love looking at it. I did the test drive of the Clubman last weekend and it was a very nice drive and was quicker than I realized.

I am a car girl. I have had a Release Series Scion XB that won several car show trophies, my first Jag was an 89 XJS v12 and a show winner, this Jag won 1st place in class at the North Texas Jaguar Concours and also best in Champion. I was a director in the North Texas Jaguar club for 2 years. I love my cars. So with a Mini, I will definitely be active in the forums and clubs.

The Plano dealership has some retired 2020 loaners under 5k miles, some new 2021's but if I build and order one it will be a 2022. I have been playing with the builder on the website and I did read (and the sales person said) that the US builder was no good and to use the UK builder. Eeks, That was even more complicated. The US builder is being reconfigured right now, I guess for the 2022 models. My problem is that there are things I want, like power seats, that only come in the ridiculous $2000 package with folding mirrors, heated mirrors, etc. that I don't care about. I live in Texas and scraping snow and ice off my mirrors isn't a thing. I wish the options were more a la carte. Maybe when they get the new builder completed I will be able to break things down a little more.

Anyway, I guess I will probably go ahead and build a 2022 and try to get closer to exactly what I want. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Thanks in advance for all the help you will give!

Old 02-12-2021, 08:57 PM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Received 490 Likes on 409 Posts
Welcome!

Sounds like you’ve had some cool cars and Im looking forward to see what you do to your Clubman. There are some great build threads on here. Make sure to start one so we can follow along your MINI journey.

In the meantime, any pics of your prior creations?

Old 02-12-2021, 09:41 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 368 Likes on 311 Posts
Welcome to the world of MINI motoring. There is a wealth of information on the forum.
Your thread title brought me up short. My1st car back around '66 was a '62 TR Spitfire roadster. That's the car in which I 'learned' to drive. I was stationed in Key West for a short period and the local SC club was very active including a couple of trips up to Sebring for track days. The TR was traded in 2 years later for a '65.XKE roadster in BRG. I still shed a tear when the subject of that model comes up. I had to let it go many years ago and regret that still today.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:35 PM
MrsClark
1st Gear
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
Welcome to the world of MINI motoring. There is a wealth of information on the forum.
Your thread title brought me up short. My1st car back around '66 was a '62 TR Spitfire roadster. That's the car in which I 'learned' to drive. I was stationed in Key West for a short period and the local SC club was very active including a couple of trips up to Sebring for track days. The TR was traded in 2 years later for a '65.XKE roadster in BRG. I still shed a tear when the subject of that model comes up. I had to let it go many years ago and regret that still today.
I totally hear you! I would give me right arm to have my 89 Jag back! Maybe some day!

So, it turns out the cars at the Plano dealership did not have navigation and that was my must have. I was really disappointed. Checked out a BRG metallic in Dallas, no nav. I really wanted to buy a CPO from a Mini dealership. We decided we definitely didnt want to order and wait another several months. It turns out, there was a digital blue metallic, 2019, with nav just up the street at a Volvo dealership so we popped up there, and popped back home with it. I am really happy with it. I love driving it! I will post pictures from home tomorrow after I get it washed. It is filthy from the wet and icy roads. But here is the picture from the listing.

I have already ordered about $500 worth of add ons! I have been reading through the storage package retrofit thread and will definitely be doing that as soon as we get some other projects done. I am going to the Verizon store tomorrow so I can upgrade my phone to an iphone so that I can get the full functionality of the app. I have been a Samsung user from the start, I didnt think anything could get me to switch over...

I let my husband drive her to work today and I am having withdrawals!

Here she is!